• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
On the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. bundle page it says "3rd-party DRM: One or more products in this package may use the 3rd party DRM TAGES™."

I thought the steam versions had it removed ?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
No man, it is infinitely better with KB/M. This is one of the few games that's actually better off without controller support. DAO with controller support would be kind of a step back in my opinion, and I'm pro controller for most all other games.

Yeah, I agree for the most part. There would be no harm in offering the option, but I've played Dragon Age on both a console and PC and the difference is staggering. The controls and interface are basically crippled by playing with a pad.

The Fade isn't so bad if you disable post-processing, which removes that awful, headache inducing vasoline filter.

catabarez

No man, it is infinitely better with KB/M. This is one of the few games that's actually better off without controller support. DAO with controller support would be kind of a step back in my opinion, and I'm pro controller for most all other games.

It's just what I'm used to since I played it on the Xbox. I'll still get it though.

So Max Payne 3 is pissing me off.

Played until Chapter 6 yesterday and quit to get lunch. Came back to see that the game didn't save my progress at all. I played again until chapter 4, but the same thing happened. So I got pissed and decided to use someone elses save game instead.

Way to fuck up on the simplest things Rockstar.

Then there's the problem with cutscenes which just can't be skipped and can be long as hell. But worse... is the fact that the game switches your choice of weapon back to the handgun every time before a cutscene. This is just idiotic, moreso when you're dealing with snipers and your handgun of choice is the sawed off shotgun.

Game runs great, but what the hell Rockstar? It's like using the highest spec phone ever, but with Symbian as its OS. Anyone else had these problems?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just played a bit of QUBE. Pretty fun, so far. It's like Portal without any of the personality.

In other words, just a clever, good-looking 3D puzzle/platformer.

Hawk269

I bought Darkness 2 on a whim, but damn am I impressed with the game. Visually it is really damn good. I am playing at 1080p with maximum settings and it looks damn gorgeous.

Garou

I ran the setup and im back at square one. GFWL Live works in-game just fine but the standalone client wont let me connect.

Basically what this means is that I cant redeem any piece of GFWL DLC, including the Harley Quinn DLC I just bought.

Try to Login once on xbox.com, you might have to agree to some new TOS there before you can login through the client.

Yeah, this is true. This game was built around keyboard and mouse first without any compromises. The interface, controls and camera are completely different from the console versions. It makes a significant difference in how you play the game.

Dragon Age is a PC game, designed for a mouse and keyboard exclusively (because it controls better)

You want the shitty console version go somewhere else.

Yup. Wanting controller support for something like Origins is like wanting Kinect only support for a game. Doesn't make sense.

I can understand if you wanted to play on your couch...but still, its a game designed to be played with a mouse/keyboard. It works best that way.

Does Dragon Age have any crazy DRM or GFWL or anything else?

Definitely no GFWL. As I recall the redemption system for the DLC is kind of wonky, but Origins at least doesn't have any super draconian DRM on it.

Hawk269

Is Sim City 4 a good game? All I have are shooters, rpg's, action games etc. Could use something more slow paced and not reliant on twitch gameplay.

gdt

Yikes, I'm just reading about Darksiders being an un-optimized port. I really hope that Darksiders 2 is better in that department. PC version is day 1 and all.

Edit: Turned off triple buff and v-sync, did nothing. If anything, it ran worse.

HoosTrax

Ok so I was wrong about Valve not wanting to promote games where the entire series isn't available on Steam. I guess I'll bite on DA:O, had it on my wishlist for forever.

Is the Ultimate Edition upgrade worth it?

I'd like to be sold on DAO please. I have interest but it could be me just wanting to spend more money.

I think the game is excellent, a step back in the right direction for Bioware mechanically. Unfortunately, they failed to build on the potential with the sequel and may have possibly destroyed the franchise. Origins is still good, though.

Retne

Yikes, I'm just reading about Darksiders being an un-optimized port. I really hope that Darksiders 2 is better in that department. PC version is day 1 and all.

How was it not optimized? I didn't have any problems with it before I upgraded my system. Did it not have keyboard button prompts or something? Maybe it's the lack of FOV control?

Edgeward

Dragon Age Origins for that price is a must buy. I liked a lot of the characters and the dialogue and banter is good fun. The UI and battle system is really suited for PC, lots of control on the battlefield and can be real intense fights especially on higher difficulties. It was my first real WRPG and I loved it. Played it like crazy and the expansion is a good 12-20 hour adventure with some cool characters before the sequel ruined one of them.

Does anyone know if Ys: The Oath in Felghana is going to end up being discounted more than the current $5 it's at? I'll pick it up regardless though. Interested in Origins though, which would be far more tempting at Oath's price.

Retne

Does anyone know if Ys: The Oath in Felghana is going to end up being discounted more than the current $5 it's at? I'll pick it up regardless though. Interested in Origins though, which would be far more tempting at Oath's price.

No one knows. It's best to just wait until the 22nd and if it doesn't hit by then I'd be willing to bet it's safe to buy depending on how the flash/community deals are set up that day too.

I don't think I understand the point of patching LA Noire to be 60fps, the facial animation data was sampled at 30fps. I highly doubt this patch is interpolating that keyframe data, and if it is it's potentially ruining the performance.

Soroc

If I haven't read all of Song of Fire and Ice should I stay away from the Game of Thrones game?

Or is the game based solely around the first book?

Tess3ract

Banned
I'd like to be sold on DAO please. I have interest but it could be me just wanting to spend more money.
Steve Blum voices the Dwarf Oghren

iXvhFocKrcsf.jpg

xJavonta

Banned
26... as in 26 fucking dollars?

Holy.

Fucking.

Shit.

Really?

Yes. If you've played the free version, you haven't given the real game a chance.

I've put more time into Minecraft than any other game I've ever played.

I know it's a late reply, I'm going over the responses I missed.

Also, I broke down and bought a game. The Binding of Isaac actually, but I don't plan on buying anything else. I swear I won't haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom