• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I have a physical copy of Origins and Awakenings. I'm tempted to get the Steam version just for the convenience factor. Does that make me a bad person?

Physical PC games? What a blast from the past. I've had a gaming PC for close to two years now and I have yet to touch a PC game on a disc. Toss that shit and go with Steam.

Card Boy

Banned
Time to install this mod

3295-1-1341264690.png

3295-1-1339363552.png

Does it support NMM? I can live with a KoTOR type combat system. Although I never really got far in KoTOR because I got bored by the time I got down into those sewers/underworld place in the beginning.

Quickly going through the big mods on Nexus it doesn't look like it. The DA mod manager somebody else linked works fine though.

O.DOGG

DA:O shouldn't be missed at this price if you haven't played through it. Me, I wasted so much time on that I can't imagine going back to playing it again. It's a case of a game being perhaps too long for its own good. Yeah, and that Fade... Ugh.

whitehawk

Banned
Well so far I've bought these games.

Saints Row 3
GTA Collection
Crysis Collection
Hitman Bloody Money
Just Cause 2
Limbo
Mirror's Edge
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Damage is about $60. No regrets.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So I used GFWL the other day and now as I try to boot up Bulletstorm it won't let me and it won't let me sign into Windows Live to see what's up. Says my account is blocked for some reason when I've done nothing. Had to call support and I guess I'm getting an email to show me how to get this code to unlock my account.

Not at all.

No. Do it.

The GAF Steam Summer Sale thread, where everybody on GAF becomes the id to every other member on GAF. Do it. Do it. Buy everything.

Speaking of buying everything, I haven't played a Sim City since Sim City 2000 waaaaaay back in the day. Is Sim City 4 worth it? For comparison, the latest city simulation I played/bought was Tropico 4 and I enjoyed that. Would Sim City 4 be up my alley?

I have a physical copy of Origins and Awakenings. I'm tempted to get the Steam version just for the convenience factor. Does that make me a bad person?

You can redeem those keys through Origin and save yourself some money, but who wants to do that.

Disclaimer: I did exactly that and don't own DA: Origins on Steam.

Awesome, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition was one sale I was hoping for, wasn't sure if it'd show up due to Bioware/EA/Origin weirdness. Definitely buying it for 7.50$.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I used GFWL the other day and now as I try to boot up Bulletstorm it won't let me and it won't let me sign into Windows Live to see what's up. Says my account is blocked for some reason when I've done nothing. Had to call support and I guess I'm getting an email to show me how to get this code to unlock my account.

I experienced something like that recently. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I hadn't touched GFWL for at least a couple months and I had to re-verify my account due to some kind of funny business.

JoeBoy101

Pity they don't have the DLC available separately. I can double dip, but not just for a bit more DLC, when I already have the collector's edition on steam.

I don't think anyone answered this...

Is there any DRM other than steam in the DA:O Ultimate edition? Steam doesn't mention it but it's not always correct.

RC

Banned
So many decisions. I'm torn between Grand Theft Auto 4, Sim City 4 and Dragon Age: Origins. Now I've never really been a fan of open world games (gave up on Fallout 3 after about 50 hours) but I'm willing to give them another chance.

bigace33

If you haven't used your Live account in a while you get that. My account was completely shut down for around 4 months and I had no idea. I sold the 360 and hadn't used my Live account for a while. Had to reactivate it.

Tess3ract

Banned
I don't think anyone answered this...

Is there any DRM other than steam in the DA:O Ultimate edition? Steam doesn't mention it but it's not always correct.
No one answered it because no one asked it (or it got buried)

And no. It has EACore drm, which sometimes bugs out but it's easily fixable. It just runs a service and if it bugs you have some things you can do to fix it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I experienced something like that recently. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I hadn't touched GFWL for at least a couple months and I had to re-verify my account due to some kind of funny business.

Just did that AND I also have an old email I can't get rid of because it tries to send it to the old ISP email which I haven't used in like a year.

To customer support I go again ><

I just used a GFWL game not that long ago either so I don't get it.

Speevy

Banned
Recetear I haven't played yet, expect to do so soon.

Aside from the screen resolution options, Chantelise is a pleasant surprise. I had no idea this game was 3D.

But what's up with how Fortune Summoners uses the controller?

I scrolled up and down the menu like 900 MPH, and my character moves ultra-fast too.

I tried turning down the sensitivity, but it still does that. Did they test this?

JoeBoy101

Horrible graphics aside, it really is a great game. The Fade kept me from completing it though. I can't bring myself to play it ever again do to that horrible experience.

Skip The Fade Mod

Does as named. And only removes the tedious portions while keeping the story bits.

sorijeault said:
I'm clueless about Dragon Age but the ring of UE is too tempting now.

It was nearly a victim of the worst marketing campaign ever by EA. That it is awesome as it turned out, yet I was so completely turned off by the marketing done. SMH

It's probably Bioware's best RPG in a while. And it can be nicely modded, so feel free to hit:

The Dragon Age Nexus

Everything from racier sex scenes to removing helmets and having an extra character slot just for your Mabari Hound (loved that one). Plus the in game banter between companions is fantastic.

The PC version of Hot Pursuit has no anti-aliasing? Really? Wow. I'm not even sure I can force it through CCC. At least it was only 5 bucks? :I

Ok, so far:
Trine 2.
The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb.
Star wars: KOTOR.
Vessel.
Frozen Synapse.
Indie Bundle V (Audiosurf, Greed Corp, Gemini Rue, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana)
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Just Cause 2.
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition

All for <35&#8364;. Not bad. Trying to keep my budget to the price of one AAA game at launch.

Ok, so far:
Trine 2.
The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb.
Star wars: KOTOR.
Vessel.
Frozen Synapse.
Indie Bundle V (Audiosurf, Greed Corp, Gemini Rue, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana)
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition

All for <35€. Not bad. Trying to keep my budget to the price of one AAA game at launch.

I think i purchased about 40 games so far lol. But everything was daily or flash. I think I'm still under $200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom