• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to install this mod

3295-1-1341264690.png

3295-1-1339363552.png

Please.... where?

Card Boy

Banned
I need help with the Dragon Age mod manager. Where do i put a mod after i download it? In dazip or override? And do i have to unzip them?

It was nearly a victim of the worst marketing campaign ever by EA. That it is awesome as it turned out, yet I was so completely turned off by the marketing done. SMH

It's probably Bioware's best RPG in a while. And it can be nicely modded, so feel free to hit:

The Dragon Age Nexus

Everything from racier sex scenes to removing helmets and having an extra character slot just for your Mabari Hound (loved that one). Plus the in game banter between companions is fantastic.
Thanks for the tips!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Recetear I haven't played yet, expect to do so soon.

Aside from the screen resolution options, Chantelise is a pleasant surprise. I had no idea this game was 3D.

But what's up with how Fortune Summoners uses the controller?

I scrolled up and down the menu like 900 MPH, and my character moves ultra-fast too.

I tried turning down the sensitivity, but it still does that. Did they test this?

You have to activate analog gamepad in the options menu.

TDLink

Been a couple days since I purchased the Harley Quinn DLC and I still can't figure out how to download it. Moreover, creating a new live account/installing the GFWL client seems to have deleted (or at least made inaccessible?) all of my Arkham City saves, including my game cleared one.

Can anyone help me out please on either restoring my data, getting the dlc, or preferably both? I feel lost here. GFWL is pretty ass.

Katoki

Well, pulled the trigger on DA:O - UE. Too bad though..

Disk space required: 24234 MB
Disk space Available: 17961 MB

My new drive won't get here until Saturday at the soonest.

Bentendo

So, I just started playing Half-Life 2... does anyone else find the gunplay to be a little weak? The story is great and all but after having played more recent shooters and Portal 2 I just feel that this isn't such a great game gameplay wise. Too bad because up until I started shooting the story was excellent.

I need help with the Dragon Age mod manager. Where do i put a mod after i download it? In dazip or override? And do i have to unzip them?

Its been a while, but I think everything goes into override and the mod manager unzip everything for you. Its probably a good idea to make a backup before you start modding just in case.

Squinting mod?

DA:O is tempting but half the DLC is missing, right?

Pretty sure everything noteworthy in there. I think some of the promotional gear stuff isn't, but that stuff wasn't that great anyways.

I've heard Stalker was a pretty hard game to get into. But it always looked intriguing. Just what I need, more options.

I heard the same and i'm interested in checking it out.

Also have Metro 2033 to check out as well LOL.

Checked out the Dragon Age page expecting a bundle of sorts and surprised to not see any, then i remembered Dragon Age 2 was one of the first "exclusive to Origin" games.

Darktalon

Did anyone notice that Skyrim appears to be on sale as a flash sale for 3 more hours? It isn't listed on the front page as far as I can tell.

Retne

So, I just started playing Half-Life 2... does anyone else find the gunplay to be a little weak? The story is great and all but after having played more recent shooters and Portal 2 I just feel that this isn't such a great game gameplay wise. Too bad because up until I started shooting the story was excellent.

Forget the guns just use the gravity gun. That's the way to have a blast with it. I always found the HL SMGs to be a bit lacking. I like the gun that shoots soap bubble bombs though.

Bentendo

Did anyone notice that Skyrim appears to be on sale as a flash sale for 3 more hours? It isn't listed on the front page as far as I can tell.

That sometimes happens. I remember a few days ago the flash deal appearing for me a couple of hours before hand. The actual deal hadn't been activated yet though.

Forget the guns just use the gravity gun. That's the way to have a blast with it. I always found the HL SMGs to be a bit lacking. I like the gun that shoots soap bubble bombs though.

Alright, I haven't even gotten to the gravity gun yet (I've only been playing for a little over an hour).

Minion101

Banned
I got to say, Fear 2 is a much better game on the PC. I had originally played it on the PS3 and Hated it. I stopped playing cause it looked and played subpar I felt. The PC is a different game.

Its been a while, but I think everything goes into override and the mod manager unzip everything for you. Its probably a good idea to make a backup before you start modding just in case.

Pretty sure everything noteworthy in there. I think some of the promotional gear stuff isn't, but that stuff wasn't that great anyways.

Even then, free community stuff is way better than the official mods/extra content:

3295-1-13405612718kelh.png

Fortune Summoners demo seems to run even worse for me now than the unplayable mess it was before it came out. Shame, would love to give the game a fair shot.

Even unplugged my 2nd monitor since that seemed to be an issue for a lot of people.

inky

LOL, I didn't know the DA modding community had gone that far. Although that game is actually mod friendly, unlike the rest of BW PC games... Oh, the joys of PC centric development.
and an actual toolset release

GFWL is always a hassle to install DLC for, especially since it's never explained anywhere on Steam. You need to copy the DLC key to the clipboard before you open the game. Once you open the game, log into your Live account, press home, go to your profile and there should be an activate key option.
Like I said...a hassle

Quick question. I have the 360 version of Super Meat Boy and it's one of my all-time favorite games.

Is there anything different content-wise in the PC version or are the levels basically the same as the XBLA version? I love SMB, but I won't double-dip unless there's significantly different content.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Quick question. I have the 360 version of Super Meat Boy and it's one of my all-time favorite games.

Is there anything different content-wise in the PC version or are the levels basically the same as the XBLA version? I love SMB, but I won't double-dip unless there's significantly different content.

Well the PC does have Super Meat World... which lets you play just a metric shit ton of random, new levels. So there's that.

Are you sure? I just spent 20minutes researching on what to do and still don't know where to put a mod after i download it. I looked at the manual (it's written in German. I'm not German), and youtube videos and still don't understand how to get mods to show up in that download manager.

Get mod > Drag dazip into mod manager window, hit 'yes' when it asks you if you are sure you want to install it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Added up my total, don't know if I'll stay below 50.

Thief Collection: 6.75$. Repurchase to get rid of Disc copy of Thief 2 + More.
Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity: 4.99$
Grand Theft Auto Side Stories: 4.99$. I really just wanted for Ballad of Gay Tony.
AssCreed II 5$: Someone said it was a one time activation, I didn't put 2 and 2 together, meaning Uplay. Though, I'm not terribly upset by it either. Its largely been the only hyped title this gen, I actually enjoyed and wanted replay.
Dead Rising 2 OtR 10$: First game I'm playing. Was on my list.
From Dust: 3.75$. Its been fine since the first day of Uplay horrible. I do like the game.
Ys Oath: From a super awesome gaffer who has started a cold war >_<
Trine 2: 3.75
Qube: 3.75
Mount and Blade Napoleon Wars: 2.50$
EUIII Chronicles, Free from Amazon. Super Awesome Tony.
Might and Magic:Clash of Heroes: 3.75$

Sitting at 49.25 now. For the most part, I've been pretty content with my purchases. I got 4 of the 6 things I expected to get(5 games and one DLC). Picked up a few replacements and trying a few new things. Hamilton's Great Adventure is getting picked up on the last day either way. Making it 5 out of 6 with the expected. If something like Dustforce drops down nicely, I'll probably get that too. And just save Arma II for Christmas when they want to start giving it away for free again. Heh.

njean777

I wish WB or Rocksteady would allow me to download Arkham City on my Mac, I have a Windows install on bootcamp, but I would really rather play it on the Mac side. Oh well, Plan to play that after Alan Wake, and The Walking Dead.

Crayons

Banned
Whats a dazip? (i'm serious)

It's the file format used for Dragon Age content.

DAZIP files are packages of exported resources ready to be installed and loaded into the Dragon Age game. The format is actually just a renamed ZIP file, and can be opened by any zip editor to manually extract or manipulate the contents.

Whats a dazip? (i'm serious)

Most of the mods on that site that are compatible with the mod manager (they will list it)
will be in the form of a .dazip file, most likely inside a zip file.

Extract the .dazip archive and drag it into the mod manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom