• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayons

Banned
I only won the community vote once, for Mirror's Edge. Please don't let me down steam community! Vote for The Longest Journey!

blazeuk

Arma II has been cheaper on Bohemia's website recently (which was the steam version of it), so I refuse to believe Steam wont have it in the sale, at least matching that price.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My replacement headphones have finally been sent off. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow (I really should have just driven up to the city and gone into the store).

Retne

I get the feeling that community/flash deals are replacing the "best of" days so we'll see new daily deals every day of the sale.

I dunno man. I think they will do a best of day and include the best selling flash deals and the top 9 selling community votes.

I hope you're right though.

KuroNeeko

Puzzle Agent 2 is not a bad game, but it's not as good as the first one.

The Longest Journey is a classic, and the sequel is pretty good as well. It does feel a bit dated, but the story and music are timeless.

I'm not going to tell you what Loneaest you should Jortmey vote, but I will tell you that you shouldn't vote Puzzle Agent 2 or the Next Big Thing.

<.<

Crayons

Banned
I can't believe I already own 3 copies of Bit. Trip Beat and I want another for Steam. I have it on WiiWare, the 3DS Saga, and the Wii Complete version...but that GLaDOS invasion looks cool.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Dragon Age: Origins -or- Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition? And why?

Dragon Age: Origins -or- Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition? And why?

Ultimate. It is only a few dollars more, you get some extra content which is neither here nor there but Awakenings (the expansion) is worth it.

I also support paying for DLC when a dev actually allows their game to be pretty openly modded as well. Everybody wins.

Tess3ract

Banned
I normally do not like Angry Joe because his complaints tend to be the most retarded asinine things that don't even matter, but I agree with his review.

In this thread: People telling other people they have no taste for not voting for a game that they themselves presumably do not own.

Voted Next Big Thing because I already have Dreamfall and The Longest Journey.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A Community's Choice poll with at least one game that I don't currently have would be nice. I've just been voting for whatever.

nickcv

since nobody answered me before i'm going to ask again:
is super meat boy enjoyable with just the keyboard or do i really need to use the joypad?

since nobody answered me before i'm going to ask again:
is super meat boy enjoyable with just the keyboard or do i really need to use the joypad?

If you even have to ask whether or not you want a pad over keyboard for a notoriously difficult 2D platformer, then you are either completely clueless, in which case, get a pad, or are comfortable with keyboard, in which case stick with the keyboard.

Speaking of which, did Bit.Trip.Runner not have pad support or was I so lazy that I didn't even want to plug in the controller when I played that?

MNC

Day Z post? Let me see.

Hahaha, that was awesome. Game sounds so fun. (I really should pay more attention to /r/gaming, especially since that and /r/Games are my subreddits...)

Oh you, reddit moderator to r/gaming.

Fuck the keyboard haters. I've played all my 2D platformers with a keyboard and SMB is no exception.

nickcv

If you even have to ask whether or not you want a pad over keyboard for a notoriously difficult 2D platformer, then you are either completely clueless, in which case, get a pad, or are comfortable with keyboard, in which case stick with the keyboard.

i do usually prefer the keyboard but the main point is that i don't want to reboot my mac for this game too and i don't know how to set OS X to use my 360 controller...

Now found, exclusive picture of gaben looking at his profit margins:

ibtAqZV4ReK5mz.jpg

And here's a photo taken from the offices of EA on the same day:

eu_sad_businessman_20thc.gif

Devaluing games, my ass. :p

Oh you, reddit moderator to r/gaming.

Fuck the keyboard haters. I've played all my 2D platformers with a keyboard and SMB is no exception.

I play pretty much all my PC games with a pad now as long as it's plug and play. People who say keyboard and mouse are more accurate haven't tried playing in bed with a wireless keyboard and mouse (using the bed itself as a mouse surface)! It's also very bad for your wrists!

bakeray

lol i had no desire to play fable 3 but angry joe just killed any chance of it ever accidentally happening. that sanctuary bs looks ATROCIOUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom