• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh balls, I forgot to buy Thief. I guess I'll grab them tomorrow when I wake up.

But I'm going to go to bed before all these ponies end up in my nightmares.

DeVeAn

OK, Does Dead Rising 2 OTF even use a video card? My temps tell me my processor is 60C and my GPU is 36C? That can't be right.

I downloaded AOE III. It brought my laptop up to 83 F. Despite the first settler being able to chop down trees in the first tutorial, no settler would do so again. Then the audio garbled out.

:| I need to be more careful with buying older games.

Nert

Voted for Puzzle Agent 2 in hopes of getting the first Puzzle Agent game discounted as well (it'd be a nice thing to gift).

ImRight

It won by a pretty wide margin too. It was kinda weird.

What was the % on it lol?? wasnt it like a HUGE Fail game?

Oh and whats the consensus on what to vote for? havent seen these games b4, bout to check trailer's now

Also its probably been asked but i just woke up ppl, which flash deal r worth it ?

Tiny big & Bit trip any Good?

Dont think i want DA origins cause i got a few open worlds already and i seen my sister playing that n didnt like the look of it

Is the DC universe thing any good the trailer looks kinda cool but anyone play it and is the extra content Worth it?

ImRight

Also someone mentioned earlier how one reason it ay not be getting a discount is cause of the concern for how the servers would handle the masses loggin on after THAT many copies were bought if it got cheaper.....

which is a Very valid point, EVERYONE would get it if it droppped to like ~9
so in a way im kinda glad its not dropping, Althought i already have it....You can get it of Bohemias website for a bit chjeaper if u want it its like -25% which isnt to bad, but considering arma 3 is close ...... dunno why its not gettting lower

Retne

What was the % on it lol?? wasnt it like a HUGE Fail game?

Oh and whats the consensus on what to vote for? havent seen these games b4, bout to check trailer's now

Also its probably been asked but i just woke up ppl, which flash deal r worth it ?

Tiny big & Bit trip any Good?

Dont think i want DA origins cause i got a few open worlds already and i seen my sister playing that n didnt like the look of it

Is the DC universe thing any good the trailer looks kinda cool but anyone play it and is the extra content Worth it?

I wouldn't recommend DCUO. Everyone says the game is jacked and it was made with consoles in mind.

DA:O is the darling of this thread. When it popped up we had at least 5 pages of people posting mods and discussing how it's a great title and well worth $7.50.

Bit Trip games are generally alright if rhythm games are your thing.

Tiny Big is new but it's pretty short. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing i up to you. Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of it if you're curious.

EDIT: Here's the percentages on the Fable win:
Votes distribution:
The Darknesss II- 33%
Fable II - 38%
PAYDAY The Heist - 29%

Salsa

Why would it? sales are useful for games that don't sell well, where as Arma 2 is selling VERY well.

sales are useful for everyone, and both Arma II and DayZ have their days numbered with Arma 3 coming out and an obvious DayZ standalone release (or at least a new version for Arma III).

they're selling well, but near the end of the sales they would wanna discount further and get one last hurrah selling a buttload of copies.

it'll happen

Valnen

Dragon Age DLC activation website is down. Can't login with my EA account in game either =(. This was the game at the top of my wishlist too!

sales are useful for everyone, and both Arma II and DayZ have their days numbered with Arma 3 coming out and an obvious DayZ standalone release (or at least a new version for Arma III).

they're selling well, but near the end of the sales they would wanna discount further and get one last hurrah selling a buttload of copies.

it'll happen

Spare a thought for the DayZ community and what they are about to be hit with if that happens =D

People seem to forget that during the 2011 Christmas sale Skyrim was in the top 10 at all times despite not getting any discount till the second to last day. There will always be people who are less price sensitive then others.

Saints Row The Third(base game) for $9.99 is now live on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OMM66A/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Well, for $9.99 I can't say no. Amazon, you found my kryptonite.

Apparently this is a thing for fallout new vegas now. Yup.

*puts gun to head*

930703-1342673816.gif

Yup. Yup. Yuuuup. Yeah........................................
Omg, that is some nightmare fuel there.

Firebrand

Dragon Age DLC activation website is down. Can't login with my EA account in game either =(. This was the game at the top of my wishlist too!
I thought I'd post some heads-ups for when you are able to connect again,

1. Make sure the DLC is authenticated in the ingame browser before starting your game. The game install a Windows system service just to authenticate DLC (no, really), I had to force it to start before anything would happen.
2. Disable the two Feastday Gifts / Pranks DLCs (if you have them) as they're cheats for playing around with party members' loyalties. I didn't know about them and messed up my game pretty badly. Or, just stay away from any free gifts at the camp merchant.
3. Some of the DLCs (Warden Keep, Ostragar, Stone Prisoner) contain some rather overpowered gear for their item levels. If you want to play the loot game you probably don't want to use them, but they do look nice and in some cases have a connection to the other parts of the story.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Got my 20 vote badge, just gotta keep up the voting for these next couple of days. Will tomorrow be the last one> I.e. they put on the final set of sales tomorrow, or will the final set of sales be on tonight?

Valnen

I thought I'd post some heads-ups for when you are able to connect again,

1. Make sure the DLC is authenticated in the ingame browser before starting your game. The game install a Windows system service just to authenticate DLC (no, really), I had to force it to start before anything would happen.
2. Disable the two Feastday Gifts / Pranks DLCs (if you have them) as they're cheats for playing around with party members' loyalties. I didn't know about them and messed up my game pretty badly. Or, just stay away from any free gifts at the camp merchant.
3. Some of the DLCs (Warden Keep, Ostragar, Stone Prisoner) contain some rather overpowered gear for their item levels. If you want to play the loot game you probably don't want to use them, but they do look nice and in some cases have a connection to the other parts of the story.

Thanks for the advice!

Thrakier

I have a question regarding the steam privacy setting. Is there some sort of "invisible" setting so that others can't see what you are playing and how long etc. but you can talk to individuals?

Gotta love the fact I can't download and install any of my Batman: AC dlc as a result of errors from GFWL. What's annoying is, even though I bought the bundle from a few months ago, I never D/l the robin/nightwing challenge packs, as they seemed fun, but never really cared to do. Now though, I just want to play Harley's Revenge, which I downloaded from steam, and just need to use GFWL to d/l a 248 kb "unlock". But I can't do that due to errors. And of course, when you click on "troubleshoot" it takes you to copypasta xbl.com faq page. Is there something I'm just not doing right? Or is just a problem with XBL right now?

Chaser

Hey GAF, I need some expert advice. I plan on getting the first Thief that's on the daily sale, but I'm undecided on whether or not I should spend the few extra and get the entire collection. Are the sequels any good?

Retne

I have a question regarding the steam privacy setting. Is there some sort of "invisible" setting so that others can't see what you are playing and how long etc. but you can talk to individuals?

You can appear to be offline if you want. I believe it's in the friends list settings.

elektrixx

Banned
Hey GAF, I need some expert advice. I plan on getting the first Thief that's on the daily sale, but I'm undecided on whether or not I should spend the few extra and get the entire collection. Are the sequels any good?

My advice is to get everything. You'll regret it when the sale ends and may crack for a higher price later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom