• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielsan

Just sold my PS3 copy of Arkham Asylum and (probably) my 360 copy of Skyrim. Figured I'd sell most of the console versions of games that are also available on PC/Steam. So I now have some additional money to spend on sales these last couple of days.
My sale stats thus far:

ibjuLHlT39Utjy.PNG

I think they're equal. Hope we get a third one at some point.

Me too, they are both pretty bad.

ezin83z5kaq.gif

Seriously though, I always saw it as a Professor Layton rip off just with zero charm, easier and more limited puzzles and longer pauses between everything you try and do. Probably ok for a couple of dollars but that is about it.

Next big thing looks more interesting to me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Danielsan what are you currently thinking of buying?

jerd

I've spent a few hours with my Civ Collection but I have to say... I cannot stay away from Bastion. It is way too fun.

Just sold my PS3 copy of Arkham Asylum and (probably) my 360 copy of Skyrim. Figured I'd sell most of the console versions of games that are also available on PC/Steam. So I now have some additional money to spend on sales these last couple of days.
My sale stats thus far:

If you want help buying half a COD game from Australia just PM me.

Me too, they are both pretty bad.

ezin83z5kaq.gif

Seriously though, I always saw it as a Professor Layton rip off just with zero charm, easier and more limited puzzles and longer pauses between everything you try and do. Probably ok for a couple of dollars but that is about it.

Haha. Puzzle wise they are definitely easier (for the most part, there have been some puzzles that completely stumped me), but the highlights for me are the humor, quirky characters, and to a lesser extent the story. Plus I love Graham Annable's style.

The Next Big Thing is good, too, and I had to stop and think a bit about what to choose. It's definitely longer than the two Puzzle Agent games combined.

Katoki

Man, it only took me the last two hours to get a handful of mods working for DA:O. Now I can't figure out how to un-pause the whole tactics thing so I can actually get the game to progress. lol

Danielsan

Danielsan what are you currently thinking of buying?
I'm hoping for Ys: Origins to go on real sale again. All these comments about how great it is are making me really curious.

Other than that I'm just keeping an eye out for the daily and flash deals to see what catches my interest. I kind of regret not picking up Saints Row The Third for €7,50 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for €5.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man, it only took me the last two hours to get a handful of mods working for DA:O. Now I can't figure out how to un-pause the whole tactics thing so I can actually get the game to progress. lol
Space :3?

Yoshichan

I'm hoping for Ys: Origins to go on real sale again. All these comments about how great it is are making me really curious.
Did you buy Ys Oath first? Everyone is recommending that game if you have to choose what game to play first. It's apparently more Zelda'ish and less dungeon crawler'ish. Plus someone said the characters are more interesting in Oath!

Now Origin is awesome but I've only played that so I can't state my own opinion about it - but Oath is so ridiculously cheap at this point!

Did you buy Ys Oath first? Everyone is recommending that game if you have to choose what game to play first. It's apparently more Zelda'ish and less dungeon crawler'ish. Plus someone said the characters are more interesting in Oath!

Now Origin is awesome but I've only played that so I can't state my own opinion about it - but Oath is so ridiculously cheap at this point!

brucewillisdoubletake0apjv.gif

Oh... yes I see what you are talking about now, carry on.

Not that it isn't great, but OiF is the better purchase if you can only choose one. It's cheaper, too! But if you can, both would be a great purchase.

Danielsan

Haven't bought Oath yet. I see it's 66% of till july 23th. Hmm, might jump on that before the end of the Steam Sale.

Not that it isn't great, but OiF is the better purchase if you can only choose one. It's cheaper, too! But if you can, both would be a great purchase.
Alright, that settles that. If I pick up an Ys game this sale, it will end up being Oath in Felghana.

squid

I caved. Bought Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and the Total War Megapack. Even though I could have (and probably should have) just chose one Total War game and bought SoaSE Trinity. Would've saved a lot more, but... I couldn't resist Gabe's temptations.

Yoshichan

All right, I'm leaving for a couple of hours :3 Take care all ♥

feel

By any chance does ayone know how to remove the FPS cap on Trine 2? It doesn't go higher than 100fps.

Played a few hours yesterday with 2 friends, it's a lot of fun and absolutely breathtaking visually when maxed out.

I am kind mad right now.

I really thought Steam-Support would have answered me now...
Thing is, bought paysafecard yesterday, charged up my steamwallet, somehow steam didnt get the money, while paysafe already "transfered" it to my wallet and it said I should contact steamsupport.

No answer till now.....

I just wanna buy Chantelise and Fortune Summoner. I am kinda mad right now....

ds8k

Next big thing looks more interesting to me.

To each their own, but I could not disagree more. The game is incredibly charming in my opinion.

I voted for PA2 because I love both of those games. The first one is better, and chances are it'll go on sale if PA2 wins.

I am kind mad right now.

I really thought Steam-Support would have answered me now...
Thing is, bought paysafecard yesterday, charged up my steamwallet, somehow steam didnt get the money, while paysafe already "transfered" it to my wallet and it said I should contact steamsupport.

No answer till now.....

I just wanna buy Chantelise and Fortune Summoner. I am kinda mad right now....

Steam Support is terribly slow. I imagine it's even worse during a sale. Good luck getting in contact with them, especially since today is Thursday and so close to the weekend.

squid

BTW, on the subject of Sins; if I have Rebellion, and I gift my friend Trinity, we can still play multiplayer fine, right?

Steam Support is terribly slow. I imagine it's even worse during a sale. Good luck getting in contact with them, especially since today is Thursday and so close to the weekend.

It sucks! Paysafecard is my only way to buy things now and now there was even an error....
The sales are just daily, so it makes me mad, especially since I have been waiting for the Carpe Fulgur Collection since the first day.

I thought I get an answer when I wake up today, but... no email at all....

Leonsito

My experience with Steam support is fantastic, my GF bought me the sunday the LA Noire Complete Edition, but she added it two minutes after the sale was over to the cart, and in the process of payment the price went up to 19.99€ (what she ended paying), she put a ticket and Steam refunded the money to her, they said it's not normal and that they are not obligated under the TOS to give back the money, but they made an exception.

My experience with Steam support is fantastic, my GF bought me the sunday the LA Noire Complete Edition, but she added it two minutes after the sale was over to the cart, and in the process of payment the price went up to 19.99€ (what she ended paying), she put a ticket and Steam refunded the money to her, they said it's not normal and that they are not obligated under the TOS to give back the money, but they made an exception.

My previous experiences were also great, but...

... I mean, its not my fault, as well as not the fault of paysafe. It seems there was an error during the process of giving the money from paysafe to my wallet. Paysafe says the code was activated for charging up my wallet...

But I still dont have the money in my wallet, as well as some kind of answer from the support. I made the ticket yesterday at 19:30 european time, now its 12:47 on the next day...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've e-mailed Support just once, and that was to confirm if pre-orders come with the pre-purchase incentives even if they're redeemed after the release date, as this isn't addressed anywhere in the Gifting/Trading FAQ (the answer was "yes", as I suspected). I also suggested that the FAQ be updated to clarify the matter, but the response, which I received a little over a day after the fact, didn't acknowledge that part of my enquiry.

ds8k

It sucks! Paysafecard is my only way to buy things now and now there was even an error....
The sales are just daily, so it makes me mad, especially since I have been waiting for the Carpe Fulgur Collection since the first day.

I thought I get an answer when I wake up today, but... no email at all....

What's your SteamID? I'll hook you up.

fhp2I.png

Looks like this.

How long will it be in pending? AH, makes me mad mad mad *lol*

I guess its in pending, since I tried to activate again a few minutes ago.

What's your SteamID? I'll hook you up.

Its okay. I dont have any money in my normal funds, so I couldnt pay you back :(
My steamid btw. is the same as here: Chairmanchuck.

Make more neogaf friends *lol*

H3xum

Really wanna buy the DA:O full experience even though I've beaten it and all of its DLC 3+ times on my 360 (pre sweet computer)

Is there anything worthwhile on the computer that I can't get on my 360? Mods or anything like that? Aesthetics aside

Eusis

No point in waiting for a daily to pick it up, right? Since it's 75% off at 3.76 u.s.

What do you Steam experts thing?
Probably wouldn't get much lower, but it's always a possibility. Consider whether you care about a $1.25 or not since I can't see this getting more than a 90% discount.

ds8k

Thanks to ds8k for gifting me the Carpe Fulgur Collection!!!

Will gift him something of equal value back, when the matter is resolved :)

You're welcome.

No point in waiting for a daily to pick it up, right? Since it's 75% off at 3.76 u.s.

What do you Steam experts thing?

It might end up being a flash, but at 3.76 you might as well get it if you're interested. You'd only end up saving cents if it went higher.

Other than that I'm just keeping an eye out for the daily and flash deals to see what catches my interest. I kind of regret not picking up Saints Row The Third for €7,50 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for €5.
Saints Row the Third is $9.99 for PC download on Amazon for today only. Steam redeemable. I think that promotion might be US only. Picked it up and never look back.

Thanks Eusis, ds8k and Polk for the input.
Probably wouldn't get much lower, but it's always a possibility. Consider whether you care about a $1.25 or not since I can't see this getting more than a 90% discount.
I don't think it'll get less than what already is.
It might end up being a flash, but at 3.76 you might as well get it if you're interested. You'd only end up saving cents if it went higher.
These guys said up yo a dollar XD
Well at this point you are asking if you want to save $1.
A dollar is a lot when contrmplating the big picture. Spend a dollar here another there etc, that's how some guys here had spend ridiculous amount of money in games they won't even have the time to play properly XD

Edit: Is Hard Reset too...well. hard? Or those it have a difficulty in which a layman player like me could conquer?

Saints Row the Third is $9.99 for PC download on Amazon for today only. Steam redeemable. I think that promotion might be US only. Picked it up and never look back.

I'm from Spain and I bought SR3 from amazon.com some months ago, I had no issues redeeming the online code on my Steam accout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom