• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbon

Neo Member
Edit: Is Hard Reset too...well. hard? Or those it have a difficulty in which a layman player like me could conquer?

If you find it too hard, it's probably that you didn't pick up the correct upgrade choices. That's kind of a sad gameplay mechanic, but late in the game I realised I would have been fucked if I didn't pick some weapons like the railgun (for the airships) or the immobilizing shotgun pellets (for the chargers).

Well this is not a very good game anyways.

Kritz

Banned
I decided to update my Steam Sales GIF for y'all.

41AGS.gif

--

Played through what's available for Walking Dead, and it turned out to be one of my best sale purchases yet. Still hoping Rock of Ages will go on sale. Apart from that I think I'm tapped out on games I want.

RC

Banned
Bought Dragon Age: Origins. Three games so far. Sins of the solar empire: Trinity is probably going to be next. Can't help myself.

marrec

Banned
People are voting for TLJ instead of Puzzle Agent 2?

Figures as much.

*sulk*

Well at least we'll get one good game regardless out of this voting.

Lexxon

Voting for PA2. Played the first on a dirty iPad from work (that I no longer have) and had a good time with it--I'm a sucker for these puzzle games with a story, like this and Prof. Layton.

Tempted to pick up DA:O Ultimate. I have the full game boxed and on origin (same key), but with none of the DLC. Also, I can't ever bring myself to actually get that far in the game. I loved the KotOR and ME series, but this BioWare game has issues keeping me interested for whatever reason.

Danj

People are voting for TLJ instead of Puzzle Agent 2?

Figures as much.

*sulk*

Well at least we'll get one good game regardless out of this voting.

So I guess that means nobody is voting for The Next Big Thing? :( I already have Puzzle Agent 2...

I've had an extra copy of Frozen Synapse sitting around for a while, was wondering if anyone wanted it. I was hoping to trade it for another game, maybe Reccetear or something in my wishlist.

Anyone interested? PM me.

Sendou

Jesus, I should not have started Ys: OiF on hard. I'm getting annihilated on the first/second boss.

Yeah it's hard even on normal. Best tips I got were that every level, improvement of armor/weapon and new equipment matters. Also it's possible to evade every attack the bosses make so if you learn the patterns fully then your level won't matter.

Cigol

I just realized no The Sims 3 on sale, ever. Awwww, EA.
They had a 50% off sale on Origin where you got a 30% voucher you could use on your next purchase. Which meant you could get 50% plus an additional 30% off the next purchase of an expansion(s) for example... not to rub salt in the wound or anything...

marrec

Banned
They had a 50% off sale on Origin where you got a 30% voucher you could use on your next purchase. Which meant you could get 50% plus an additional 30% off the next purchase of an expansion(s) for example... not to rub salt in the wound or anything...

I'm seeing every Sims game is already half off.

You might get lucky.

Gala

What makes it so good? I went back a few pages and didn't see much talk for it.

It seems really quirky and funny. Right up my alley.

It is really quirky and funny and has some really fun game mechanics! Cutting and shooting the environment away with sticky rockets in order to progress through the levels is al lot of fun. The graphics are good as well and it has a great soundtrack.

Goddamn Steam.

I bought a new paysafecard just now, till steam figures out how to give me the money from the older one.

Wanted to activate it, now steam says I can not continue, since there is still an active transaction in place and if I continue, it could cancel the older one....

ARGH!!!!!!!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey GAF, I'm on the fence about 3 games: first is Saints Row The Third, which is available from Amazon for 10 bucks. I think I'll pick it up, but wanted to hear if anyone had something to say about that game that could dissuade me (not that I want that, really).

And the other two games are Bit.Trip Beat & Runner, which I already have on the Wii. Are they worth it for $2.5 each, since I'll be double-dipping? I should add that I have Bit.Trip Complete, which has different difficulties and challenges, as does the Steam version.

ImRight

To any D3 player's on the GAF i implore you to check out the latest Blue Post by the President of Blizz, i for one can say it has restored my faith.... and am Looking forward to see what exactly they follow through with after what he has said....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom