• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
Nexuiz

·Steam Workshop – Create your very own Nexuiz levels for TDM, CTF, or Duel!
·Prediction and Latency Fixes – We’ve carefully examined and enhanced player prediction and input latency!
·Different Crosshairs – Choose different crosshairs and scale them!
·Community Designed Level – You voted for it and here it is! will be available on the Nexuiz Steam Workshop Page (completely new asset set)!
·Spectator Cameras – New spectator cameras include first person view and chase cam!
·Dedicated Servers – Host and create your own Dedicated Servers with SteamCMD!
·LAN Support – LAN Play now available.
·Reworked Art – Easier to see in the environments with major performance options!
·Dynamic Mutator Options – Dynamic Mutator Options allow you to choose specific Mutators to be turned on/off during a match!
·Custom Server Browser – Browse currently available matches!
·Competitive Options – Slew of options are now available for extremely competitive players in Custom Matches. Define your way of playing!

Their new "patch". Do not support these boobs. I got it for free with my video card and I still hate their guts.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Lol, wow. No one wants in on the $1.87 per person 4-pack of Nexuiz? That game must really suck.

Megasoum

Banned
ßthePenguin;40037980 said:
Lets face it, Arma II wont get a deal, it would have already shown up since any game of that size would definately visit all 3 categories.

So fkin lame, Gabe.

Yeah it's possible...that or it's gonna show up on Saturday. It would make sense to keep the biggest seller for the last day so that way they know people will keep coming back everyday to check on the new deals hoping for ARMA2.

Personnally, other than ARMA, I'm hoping that Defense Grid will come back and I'd love to get maybe one or two surprises I didn't think of. Wasn't really any so far for me.

Salsa

Im Working so i want be able to update the OP for a while, sorry about that. If Anyone could take a screen of the dailies, yesterday, flash, poll in the same format ive been doing and send them in a pm to Stumpokapow in hopes that he can edit them into the OP whenever he has the time id geatly appreciate it.

Otherwise ill be able to update it in some hours

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
:lol

Sure the games are great but this is starting to get silly.

Witcher 2 needs to get the fuck out. 4 times already.

I think Witcher 2 has only been a Flash Deal so far. It's been up for community choice twice but lost both times.

Still cheaper on GoG (66% off vs 60%).

I really wish games by Bethesda and the ones they touch would get franchise sales. I don't care about getting Oblivion or Skyrim, I want Morrowind. I don't care about New Vegas or Fallout 3 either, I want Fallout 1 and 2.

frozzted

I really wish games by Bethesda and the ones they touch would get franchise sales. I don't care about getting Oblivion or Skyrim, I want Morrowind. I don't care about New Vegas or Fallout 3 either, I want Fallout 1 and 2.

It's $10 for 1,2 and tactics. **Edit** Unless you mean a 75% off sale.

MDSLKTR

Bought both witchers on GOG promo. Just because it's cheaper, no DRM, I don't care about achievements and more money goes to cd projekt
(custom images in the steam library also helps)
So this and tiny and big today, I hope those are my last purchases for the sale, I'm afraid to count but i'm around 100$ :(

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Ok, what's the deal? Nexuiz looks awesome. I've watched the video twice now. It uses CryEngine 3, it seems fast-paced, and the arenas look fun to play in. What am I missing?

Is it just because the developers are dicks or something? Because, otherwise, I can't think of a reason not to buy this for a few bucks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You're restricted to one download at a time?! FUCK THIS SHIIIIIIIT GABENNNNNNNNNN T_T

Petrie

Banned
Krater reviews are all pretty mediocre, yet GAF keeps saying to just buy it, yet nobody will say anything about why, or what makes it good. Can we get some info here?

On one hand, I'm bummed we are seeing so many repeats between community, flash, and daily deals. On the other hand, I have already spent enough so I am a bit relieved. This has been a great sale.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I don't get why it's the same old recycled deals. Surely more publishers are on board with the sale than this...

Exactly, that's the problem with these sales.

It's all shit that's been on sale for years. Everyone has this stuff already.

Alrix

Have they added co-op mode to Krater yet? My decision to buy will depend on that.

Also, is Jurassic Park worth getting? I've been reading some reviews and they're pretty harsh on the game for being an interactive movie without much gameplay. But at the same time, reviews gush over The Walking Dead which is basically the same thing. I don't quite understand it. For the record, I really do like the Walking Dead game.

Bohemia are the troll publishers of this sale.

Wondering the same about jurassic park.

HoosTrax

Sadly I do share most of the same sentient, I played Dreamfall for a little bit, but the wonky combat and just overall different feel didn't grab me in the same way. I do want to go back to it someday and eventually get to this cliffhanger ending I hear about, since I love the story and world and characters. TLJ is a p&c adventure staple that every fan of the genre should play. And it most certainly holds up as I only played it for the first time last year.

You'll have people who do prefer Dreamfall however, so it can be quite a divide on who likes what. I figure at that price people might as well get em both and see what they like.
The problem with the cliffhanger ending is that you've got all these odd little events and meet all of these people in the course of the story, and by themselves, it all doesn't make much sense what's happening in the plot. And so you kind of expect that at the end, there will be some grand exposition to tie it all together, but it just never happens. It's particularly grating that they haven't released the final part of the trilogy, given the uncertain state of two of the most important characters.

TLJ just felt a lot more self-contained and satisfying. In terms of setting and scope, it felt like a FF7-esque grand adventure fairy tale, only in point-and-click form instead of JRPG. It's kind of got that same alternate universe, sorta futuristic city thing going on.

derExperte

Also, is Jurassic Park worth getting? I've been reading some reviews and they're pretty harsh on the game for being an interactive movie without much gameplay. But at the same time, reviews gush over The Walking Dead which is basically the same thing. I don't quite understand it. For the record, I really do like the Walking Dead game.

I love TWD but I hated JP and agree with every negative review. It lacks almost all the good stuff in Dead, no real decisions until the very end, much more on rails, average dialogues, a TON of quick-time events. Only the story may be mildly interesting if you're really into JP.

marrec

Banned
Krater reviews are all pretty mediocre, yet GAF keeps saying to just buy it, yet nobody will say anything about why, or what makes it good. Can we get some info here?

I think GAF just loves them some Loot filled ARPGs regardless of quality.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zCgaF.png
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

All these repeats. If they don't put up Driver I will be upset
LLShC.gif

Oh well, tempted on the Indie bundle but the only thing I kinda like is Wings of Prey. Any thoughts on the rest of the bundle?

Kingven

This my analysis..

Username: Kingant
Games Owned: 182
Games Played: 79
Games Never Played: 103
Percentage Played: 43.41%
Total Hours: 511.60

... no comments

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I kinda want Jurassic Park... is it good?

Is it just because the developers are dicks or something? Because, otherwise, I can't think of a reason not to buy this for a few bucks.

No one plays it because it's not fun. From what little I played at launch, the game only has a 4v4 max player count. You can only join a game through matchmaking and the game won't start until all 8 people are in the lobby, no matter how long you have to wait. It didn't even have a 1v1 duel mode until they released it yesterday in a paid DLC. Think about that for a moment. An arena combat shooter where you have to pay extra to play 1v1 deathmatch. This is a lazy console port job.

Juan Carlo

Neo Member
I doubt Arma 2 goes any lower. They bought huge ads on Rock Paper Shotgun advertising it as 20% off. I'm not sure they would have done that if they were going to drop the price further.

Also, E.Y.E sucks. The first hour seems good as it has a huge stat system, but the more you play the more you realize the stats are irrelevent. Apart from a few abilities you could probably allocate zero stats the whole game and it would not play any differently (I actually experiemented with this a bit myself). Plus, the story is awful (it has some good ideas, but doesn't now how to execute them in a compelling way), the level design is spotty (some are good while others are big empty boxes), and the AI is completely terrible--all enemies spot you from 100 miles away and immediately just run at you while shooting, which renders any sort of stealth build entirely useless.

The only good thing about it is its hacking mini game, but I found hacking to be kind of useless (at least in combat) as there are so many enemies on the map (all of which respawn after a while) that it would be completely impractical and time consuming to use hacking all that often in combat, other than maybe as an occasional novelty type thing. The way the AI is the best way to play the game is just arming yourself with the biggest gun, buiying as many extra lives as possible, and storming everything head on. It get's a bit tiring and repetitive.

Plus the game world just felt dead to me, and while lots of stuff happened, none of it seemed to have any sort of weight or relevance or consequences. I've said this before, but to me it feels like a dead multiplayer mod that is currently populated by a bunch of poorly programmed bots.

It's an awful half finished, mod of a game.

megalowho

Don't know about EYE but PixelJunk Eden is $2,00 this whole sale. Could be worth a look!
Good rec. Lovely game, great price.

EYE is strange. There's something to the visuals and style, though I don't think the game really comes together at all. Never clicked for me, but I can see how it might for someone. $2.50 is a pretty good price for that one as well.

So no one has any opinions on Wings of Prey? Specifically multiplayer?

I don't know about multiplayer as I've never touched it, but I really enjoy the game. I've only put around 11 hours into it, but it's great fun. I'll probably get back into it one day.

The game looks great, has a great soundtrack, and has an interesting setting (Post Apocalyptic Sweden). A lot of the issues people had with Krater have been fixed through patching and the devs are constantly improving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom