• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimorphic

So Saints Row 3 seems quite short. I think I'll burn through the single player story (hitting up a few activities along the way) and then get stuck into The Walking Dead

Mista Koo

Exceeded my budget by 29 cents. The budget wasn't based on anything but it's a challenge to see my determination.
I guess I can only do it if I don't enter this thread again.

The only thing I want to buy is Deus Ex if it's coming back as a daily (missed it first time and missed the poll :<).

Lain

I voted in all the polls so far and i didn't get the 15 votes mark...

133660958218.gif

Perfect gif, and same. I wonder if this could create problems for the vote every day part of the badge.

Firebrand

Quantum Conundrum is 33% off on GMG for another ~40 minutes (countdown seems to be glitched), and you can use the 20% vouchers from their free game giveaways for a total of 46% discount.

Amazon US's 40% may or may not be cheaper depending on what currency you get on GMG.

Xater

I am not quite sure where to do this. I have steam codes for the following:

Magicka:

Magicka
Magicka Vietnam
Magicka Wizard Survival Kit
Magicka Caverns and Marshlands
Magicka Nippon
Magicka Final Frontier
Magicka Frozen Lake
Magicka Watch Tower
Magicka Robe Bundle
Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC

Victoria II

Sword of the Stars Complete Collection

Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

I would give all this to whoever gifts me one of those: Legend of Grimrock, Analogue a Love Story, Splice

Milamber

Why have I not gotten the badge? I'm up to 15 community votes now.

choice 1:
saints row the third
batman arkham city
witcher 2

choice 2:
magicka
trine 2
limbo

choice 3:
GRAW 2
brink
stronghold 3

choice 4:
assassin's creed revelations
rage
the darkness 2

choice 5:
fear 3
metro 2033
bioshock 2

choice 6:
super meat boy
qube
plants vs. zombies

choice 7:
left 4 dead 2
portal 2
half life 2

choice 8:
LA noire
alan wake
amnesia

Choice 9:
legend of grimrock
tiny and big
quantum conundrum

choice 10:
terraria
dungeon defenders
bastion

choice 11:
dead space 2
GTA 4
just cause 2

choice 12:
red faction guerilla
jagged alliance
force unleashed 2

choice 13:
mirror's edge
lara croft gaurdian of light
beyond good and evil

choice 14:
deus ex: hr
CoD MW3
skyrim

choice 15:
batman: ac
witcher 2
risen 2

Sarcasm

Quantum Conundrum is 33% off on GMG for another 55 minutes, and you can use the 20% vouchers from their free game giveaways for a total of 46% discount.

Amazon US's 40% may or may not be cheaper depending on what currency you get on GMG.

Or if your not blocked. GMG blocks my country =(

Guys what should I buy from the Assassin's Creed sale? I played AC 1 on 360 but got bored after a few missions but I've heard two is much better. Is AC 1 better on PC at all? And is the DLC for Revelations any good or would I be better off buying just the games and not the bundle?

I am not quite sure where to do this. I have steam codes for the following:

Magicka:

Magicka
Magicka Vietnam
Magicka Wizard Survival Kit
Magicka Caverns and Marshlands
Magicka Nippon
Magicka Final Frontier
Magicka Frozen Lake
Magicka Watch Tower
Magicka Robe Bundle
Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC

Victoria II

Sword of the Stars Complete Collection

Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter

I would give all this to whoever gifts me one of those: Legend of Grimrock, Analogue a Love Story, Splice

Sent you a PM.

Why have I not gotten the badge? I'm up to 15 community votes now.

choice 11:
dead space 2
GTA 4
just cause 2

I got the badge, but in your case, if I had to guess, I think 11 might be the culprit, because I remember that the site was having some problems during that vote period, and it was having a noticeable effect on the poll (It wouldn't save my choice until after multiple tries).

So Saints Row 3 seems quite short. I think I'll burn through the single player story (hitting up a few activities along the way) and then get stuck into The Walking Dead

I wouldn't say Saints Row 3 is "quite short" my first play through took over 20 hours and that was with me skipping nearly all the side missions.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Arkham City and The Witcher 2 in the same poll again? Well damn Witcher 2 better win this time!

Also I missed one vote because I was at work so I guess I'm on 14 now, still got one every day though.

Fuck this shit, I also voted for the 15 games and it didnt count for shit.

Could it be because I voted some with the mobile app and the others from the steam program in my PC?

XOMTOR

Arkham City and The Witcher 2 in the same poll again? Well damn Witcher 2 better win this time!

Hopefully. I voted Witcher 2 again this time but honestly, what's with the recycling going on?

Anyway, Crysis 2 flash sale is actually all Crysis games. Good thing I clicked on it, managed to grab Warhead finally.

Fuck this shit, I also voted for the 15 games and it didnt count for shit.

Could it be because I voted some with the mobile app and the others from the steam program in my PC?

Very possible, I voted a few times using the iOS app and some of the votes took multiple tries to get it to stick. Got my 15 vote cheevo though.

Bradach

I've played a bit of Crysis 1 before. How's 2? (I know some people disliked 2)

Crysis collection is kind of tempting.

Graphics a very nice if you have a pc that can max it out and get the high res textures etc. The mechanics get a bit tiresome and repetitive near the end but i enjoyed it for the most part. The story is nothing groundbreaking but doesn't ruin the shooting / stalking.

Multiplayer was a blast for a few weeks also. It's very fast, a bit like COD. I don't know if theres much of a community there anymore though.

PaulLFC

Got it with a bunch of other games for $12,49. let's see if someone on GAF want to trade codes.
If you still have Crusader Kings II and Sword of the Stars II, what would you like for them? I may be interested, especially for Crusader Kings II.

Sarquiss_

Rage is $9.99 on US store and $30.50 on the Australian store.

That is truly disgusting price gauging.

Unfortunately that is not surprising. We Aussies get shafted more than a $2 hooker. There really is no reason for this a part from greed. The sad thing is that many Auusie gamers are happy to pay these outrageous prices :(

Unfortunately that is not surprising. We Aussies get shafted more than a $2 hooker. There really is no reason for this a part from greed. The sad thing is that many Auusie gamers are happy to pay these outrageous prices :(

No that is a good thing. Whilst ever there are people stupid enough to pay it, they probably wont bother to lock it down properly like region restrictions on steam works games.

I am weak. Ended up picking up the Dungeon Siege Pack and the Adventure Pack. $23 more dollars spent. Up to about $85 dollars spent total for 25 games.

Angry Fork

I didn't vote for anything on the first day because I didn't know there was a badge thing until the 2nd.

Now even if I do every other objective I'll be missing that single one just for not voting one day -_- the OCD in me will be furious.

Great.

Got Metro 2033 for 2,50€ from GMG, but since I had some storecredit from some free games they gave out years ago I got it for free.

What to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom