• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
batman won? but..but ...but...witcher 2 is better IMO( yes i played both)
Hasn't Batman been on sale at least twice so far, too? Or was it just once?

Either way, I wasn't going to buy any of them. Still haven't played the Witcher 1.

What did they manage to screw up?

played in on PS3...which has the lowest metacritic score, not sure if that means much. you can check over the wikipedia article or reviews...guess it didn't review as bad as i thought.

you basically choose from 4 characters with limited abilities. loot left a little bit to be desired, never tried the MP. graphics were pretty decent.

Might be worth it if the sales good...i think its $5 or something?

(it's been a while since i've played it...sorry if that was not helpful at all)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGT9wvgpPp4 < IGN review..pretty much sums it up

Bradach

I just switched the privacy preferences. Try adding me again.
Steam id: yogloo

still no luck. In edit profile you'll see create an option to create a Custom URL, try that and paste the link in here. that seems to sork better than the search function for some reason

Hasn't Batman been on sale at least twice so far, too? Or was it just once?

Either way, I wasn't going to buy any of them. Still haven't played the Witcher 1.

um think this would be the second time this summer, but its been on sale during the winter sale

Some of us don't need to buy the Witcher2 again/on Steam.

yes but some people NEED to buy it.

It's The Dark Knight Rises craze, I tells ya!

i guess thats a factor, i forgot the movie the movies comes out this week.

Tess3ract

Banned
Dungeon Siege 3 is good if you approach it as a not-really-dungeon-siege game.

However it's horribly boring and I have no idea how they did it.

It's obvious that Obsidian can't make a good idea to save their life, they can only reimagine an existing idea in a great way.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

1-D_FTW

I can't believe there's so much angst about Batman winning. It won by 4 percent people. Considering they've both been on sale already, they should be neck and neck. Steam voters redeemed.

batman won? but..but ...but...witcher 2 is better IMO( yes i played both) and what are the chances of Kingdom of Amalur going on sale for $10 ?

Let me explain my good man.

Batman is unreleased on my zone, also, I just recently joined GAF and was unable to get someone to help me purchase it.
So, the chance to get this game (everyone raves about) makes me happy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
(Ys Origin)

Holy tits, this boss is insanely hard!

Hixx

So Batman: Arkham City is not worth it? Kinda interested in the game but what is this GFWL and DRM bullshit?

Downloading the Harley Quinn DLC was a bit of a faff on but had no real problems with GFWL on it as of yet. Heard it was a nightmare at launch, though...

gdt

I voted for Batman. Just traded in my 360 version of Batman:AA for steam credits. So I need to pick that up. I'll probably never play it haha.

gdt

I don't understand why there is DRM for a game you buy from a DD store. You already bought the game, legally! They got your money, you aren't a pirate! Can't they just put some sort of key in your email to totally unlock it? Why fuck you up the ass with securom and tages?

Dacvak

I don't understand why there is DRM for a game you buy from a DD store. You already bought the game, legally! They got your money, you aren't a pirate!
Probably to prevent you from copying it onto your buddy's machine.

Edit: You really like editing your posts, huh? =P

LiK

I don't understand why there is DRM for a game you buy from a DD store. You already bought the game, legally! They got your money, you aren't a pirate!

to prevent people from sharing/giving them away. they don't trust us.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I don't understand why there is DRM for a game you buy from a DD store. You already bought the game, legally! They got your money, you aren't a pirate! Can't they just put some sort of key in your email to totally unlock it? Why fuck you up the ass with securom and tages?

Tell that to Ubisoft...

Sarcasm

I have neither and wanted W2 =/

I have only spent 39 bucks so far.

Code:
KOTOR  2.49
Magicka The Other Side of the Coin  4.99
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb  0.74
Legend of Grimrock  5.99
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack  24.99

Tess3ract

Banned
It's all kind of dumb really, take vhs or cassettes, people do it all the time.

They just make it harder to do this with normal users but the more people get educated on how to do it the easier it is.

They should just give up.

gdt

Yeah, I got that. But even then, there has to be a way to lock it to your account without fucking you on installs. I'd love for everyone to go Steamworks, but besides that, why put people through such pains?

Downloading the Harley Quinn DLC was a bit of a faff on but had no real problems with GFWL on it as of yet. Heard it was a nightmare at launch, though...
not really a mess , just disappearing meshes.

SdBhg.jpg

ZaNK0.jpg

a4ItV.jpg

So you can't copy it and give it to others for free.

Lancehead

Apparently we're all presumed pirates until proven otherwise.

So, how is Still Life? Just bought the first one - should have bought the pack, but didn't know if I'd enjoy it or not. Looks pretty great.

BKXB

Economist
Been away for the weekend, time to catch up on these sales!

I like me some adventure gaming. Pendulo pack looks interesting, as does Gemini Rue in the Indie Bundle V.

Do I get both? Any recommendations for the rest of the games in Bundle V? I own none of them.

Edit: whoops, missed the Pendulo deal. Decision made!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom