• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

anyone know how well Crysis and Crysis Warhead hold up today? I already played Crysis 2, so will it just look a lot worse?

are both games worth getting or just Warhead?

I'm guessing it's going to be a flash deal but does anybody have any idea as to whether Just Cause 2 is likely to be a daily deal? The only reason I ask is I'm in the airport and keeping up with the flash deals is going to be very challenging once I'm abroad (checking the dailies should be fine but not the late night flash deals). Alternatively I presume that there's no way to set it to automatically buy a game should it go on sale?

Does one buy Stacking? I played the demo, it was all right, but do I really want another game in my backlog? lol

I have Psychonauts already so there's that covered, and I wasn't keen on Costume Quest when I played the demo, though most people seem to love it :/

Voted for Krater by the way.

ShaneB

I didn't have Stacking, so that will be my first purchase of the day. I just finished Costume Quest, and Psychonauts is on my list of things I need to play asap. Perhaps I'll go on a Double Fine binge and play that and then Stacking.

Also, Krater got my vote. Doubt I'll buy it, but know plenty of folks want it.

DaBuddaDa

anyone know how well Crysis and Crysis Warhead hold up today? I already played Crysis 2, so will it just look a lot worse?

Crysis 1 remains one of the best looking and playing shooters of all time. "Holds up" better than most 2012 releases.

PaulLFC

Voted for Krater as it's the only one I don't own.

Hope nobody votes for Sanctum, I've lost count of the amount of times it's either been on sale, or in a bundle.

Lancehead

Voted for Sanctum as it's never gone on sale before, ever. Just looking out for you guys.
iyaA4EdCI7Hzu.gif

It did. I think it was a flash deal.
or are you being sarcastic?

schnell

VOTE KRATER! Everyone should have Sanctum already and E.y.E. is already 60% off, you'll only get another $1.50 voting for it...

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Since we seem to have so many people jumping on the adventure game bandwagon lately I'd like to recommend the Universal Hint System. Like a walkthrough that gives you a bunch of hints before it actually gives away the solution to the puzzle.

Great for adventure games in general, EXCELLENT for those times that all adventure games have when the solution to a puzzle is highly illogical.

Gaspode_T

Steam has a really strange region block in place - if you add funds to Steam wallet from one country - and try to use them from different country IP - it blocks you like an NBA player getting their ball swatted away while going up for a dunk.

Unfortunately this is screwing me over - because my work computer is on a proxy and has US IP, but home computer where I added funds has Japan IP. I e-mailed their support but I can't believe they would ever respond in all this madness.

Right now I am checking and the community deal and two of the flash deals are this "not available in your region" BS. Why isn't this being called out as BS? Why do they do it for common games like Darkness II???

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Already have Psychonauts so I guess its a penny cheaper to buy the other two games individually. Not sure about Stacking however. Do I want that one? Is it good?

schnell

If anyone wants to get Sniper Elite V2 for $15 but only has Paypal hit me up. I've got a bunch of Amazon credit and would glady trade. PM me and I'll show you some of my rep.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam has a really strange region block in place - if you add funds to Steam wallet from one country - and try to use them from different country IP - it blocks you like an NBA player getting their ball swatted away while going up for a dunk.

Unfortunately this is screwing me over - because my work computer is on a proxy and has US IP, but home computer where I added funds has Japan IP. I e-mailed their support but I can't believe they would ever respond in all this madness.

Right now I am checking and the community deal and two of the flash deals are this "not available in your region" BS. Why isn't this being called out as BS? Why do they do it for common games like Darkness II???

It is BS, but it's a publisher thing.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Voted Krater. Something has to really hit me right for me to buy today. Have only 24 left. Maybe another 15-20 tomorrow though.

Since we seem to have so many people jumping on the adventure game bandwagon lately I'd like to recommend the Universal Hint System. Like a walkthrough that gives you a bunch of hints before it actually gives away the solution to the puzzle.

Great for adventure games in general, EXCELLENT for those times that all adventure games have when the solution to a puzzle is highly illogical.

Thanks, always a hassle to try and not spoil a game while getting past a single puzzle.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What's GAF's opinion on Stacking and Costume Quest? I already have Psychonauts (non-steam version), but with the Double Fine Bundle I'd be getting it for free, which isn't a bad deal at all, since I love that game so much.

FoolsRun

Does one buy Stacking? I played the demo, it was all right, but do I really want another game in my backlog?
I just played it a few weeks ago--I picked it up during an earlier Steam sale--and thought it was relaxing diversion from my usual shooter fare. If you blaze through it and only find the first solution to each puzzle you can probably complete it in a little over an hour, but if you find every solution (as I did), the game took me about 6 hours.

Sarcasm

I got my 15 votes...

Is the CC DD a good buy? I haven't even played Asylum yet (I lost my desktop around when I bought it). Or is it cheap just buying the arkham with dlc?

XOMTOR

Huh, worse? Nah, the original Crysis with the right mods arguably looks better than Crysis 2.

Tomodachi

I really thought this could be the first day of the sale I could avoid buying anything. Then Stacking went all flash deal on me (the only one I lacked from the Double Fine collection). And the dailies still have to come out. Good Lord.

Lothars

If you buy something as a gift like the batman franchise pack and put it in my inventory, does it have the whole pack as a gift or is it the individual pieces?

Ifrit

Just out of curiosity, what's the current flash deal, it's apparently not available for my region

Stacking bought :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I could check it from a browser, it was Arkham City. I already have it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom