• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

is crysis 2 worth double dipping? i bought it for 5 on a amazon sale and redeem it on origin. is the dlc worth also the extra five?

ImRight

Well i think im pretty much done at this point, Well i hope i am.....:D

the damage .....

Bulletstorm
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
FarCry 2,
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Mount and Blade: Warband
Sniper Elite V2
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)
The Longest Journey
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Terraria
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
The Binding Of Isaac, Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Torchlight II Pre-Order 4-pack
Just Cause 2 complete
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Stacking
Company of Heroes Gold,
GTA IV Complete Bundle
Metro 2033
PixelJunk Eden
Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition,
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood,
Dear Esther
Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Bastion
Vessel
Dirt 2
Serious Sam 3 BFE,
Trine 2,
The Walking Dead,
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
Qube,
Magicka Complete Pack (June 2012)
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
Dead Island Complete
The Witcher 2 (AU)
Plants vs. Zombies
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (Stand-alone)
Assassin's Creed Revelations

First steam sale, Did i over do it? :-/ dont even wanna add up the cost >.<, Edit: I regret Nothing NOTHING

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Today has to bite me in the loins and grab me like a leech. I need RE5, Red River, DMC4, or something to temp me in the $5 range unless it's some complete series bundle for around 7-9. I have a little 20 and yesterdays haul was my best ever. I'm just looking for some icing for that cake! Why won't you give me icing GABE!? WHY WON'T YOU LET ME LIVE!?!

Regarding Burnout Paradise, I hope we can organize some matches on a weekly or biweekly basis. Games were fun last night and races are a blast so we need to get gaffers on board with this.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Personally i wouldnt touch anything that is wireless, thats not to say there arent great wirless set's out there thought, I have a set of Sennheiser Pc-350's running off of an Asus Xonar Xense wich practically gives me a eargasm everytime i use them, some might say the bass is a little lacking but doesent bother me cause i only use headphones in game, and usually only on Voip games/ Fps,

If you dont have a sound card and dont wanna spend much more money than those corsairs, there probably a safe bet, ... althought im probably a little biased at this point as i just set up a set of these practically 5 minutes ago

alot of people dont like simulated 7.1 headphones which these are (2 speakers in them only), also a true 7.1 Set will always sound alot weaker than a stereo set as the drivers in the Phones ares quite small to fit them all, and are much more expensive to get sound of equal quality @ volume,

I'll write this real quickly, as I'm heading out:

I talked about the Logitech G930 as I use it mainly as a "gaming and talking with friends" headset. I've grown tired of breaking good headsets because I busted out the wire, so a Wireless one was PERFECT for me.

I really hate the fake 7.1 surround sound, so I use the Logitech G930 on it's Stereo Setting. If I ever want to listen to 5.1 or 7.1 audio, I just change outputs to my 7.1 home theater setup. I understand that this is not a common scenario (7.1 HT setup hooked up to a computer), but it serves me well, as I get the best of everything: Proper surround sound when I want it and wireless always working headphone sound for gaming with friends (I don't care about 5.1 on multiplayer games).

I really should've expanded on my original message, but I was kind in a hurry. :D

Danielsan

51 hours left in the sale.
It's going to be interesting to see whether or not I'll get the Summer Sale badge. I can't for the life of me remember whether or not I voted on the first day. I think I missed it, but maybe I voted at end of the day. It's all a blur.

ImRight

I'll write this real quickly, as I'm heading out:

I talked about the Logitech G930 as I use it mainly as a "gaming and talking with friends" headset. I've grown tired of breaking good headsets because I busted out the wire, so a Wireless one was PERFECT for me.

I really hate the fake 7.1 surround sound, so I use the Logitech G930 on it's Stereo Setting. If I ever want to listen to 5.1 or 7.1 audio, I just change outputs to my 7.1 home theater setup. I understand that this is not a common scenario (7.1 HT setup hooked up to a computer), but it serves me well, as I get the best of everything: Proper surround sound when I want it and wireless always working headphone sound for gaming with friends (I don't care about 5.1 on multiplayer games).

I really should've expanded on my original message, but I was kind in a hurry. :D

Nw's Dude.... Was just my 2 cents :p

Proc

Complete save for deus ex required for the missing link dlc? I loved my first playthrough but I lost my save after deleting it. I wouldn't mind jumping back in for a little bit more.

Is it weird that I'm tempted to double-dip on Vampire even though I already have a copy through Gamefly's DD service?

Must....resist....

I know how good it is to have all your games on Steam, but think about it. You'd give Activision you money. Again. And you'll never get a sequel. Are you sure you really want to do that?

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm going to brag about Ys: The Oath in Felghana one more time, it's the perfect hack n' slash JRPG, it's simple to play, it has a corny story and cheesy dialogue, and it's just fun to play altogether. I see myself playing it again after I complete my first playthrough of it (and I'll probably pick up Ys: Origin as well)

anddo0

never buy gaming headphones.

get a desktop mic for $20 and then go consult the headphones thread OP to find a good pair in your price range.

team sennheiser ftw.

Indeed.

I often use my Audio technica m50 or Sennheiser HD555 with the laptop mic or Zalman mic attachment.

Back w/$60 Steam credit from Gamestop. Wondering if I should hold out to see if Skyrim will get another price drop before the sale is over.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm so weak... I just dropped 800 buckaroos on a DSLR and I couldn't resist Steam sales...

Deus Ex:HR + Missing Link
Fallout NV Ultimate
LA Noire
The Longest Journey
Indie Bundle 3
Legend of Grimrock
Tropico 4
Plants vs Zombies

Missed Bastion tho.. and hoping AC: Brotherhood shows up, 33% on it right now =(

Firebrand

Complete save for deus ex required for the missing link dlc? I loved my first playthrough but I lost my save after deleting it. I wouldn't mind jumping back in for a little bit more.
Nope, it doesn't use your existing saves at all.
Btw, I believe your saves for Deus Ex are stored on Steam Cloud, so you probably didn't lose them.

Lyonaz

Back w/$60 Steam credit from Gamestop. Wondering if I should hold out to see if Skyrim will get another price drop before the sale is over.

Didn't Skyrim go on sale 3 times already during this summer sale?

I think majority of us are just waiting for Arma II at this moment. (and EDF Insect Armageddon, come on Gaben!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom