• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

So I snagged a copy of Burnout Paradise... but every time I try to launch it, it says "Failed to contact key server". So what, they gave me a bum copy? No CD key or something?

WTF do I do to get it working?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Cmon Arma 2 day. And hopefully nothing else pops up gonna try to ignore any other random deals if I want any shot at getting last day deals that weren't featured lol.

I can't believe Divinity 2: DKS still has a $40 MSRP. It blows my mind every time. Game should be half that; people should be paying $4 for it right now.

Tess3ract

Banned
What to vote Gaf?

Age of Empires Complete
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
Might and Magic: Heroes VI

HoosTrax

Highly recommend Tropico 4 to anyone. Accessible game, not too steep of a learning curve, lot of humor that makes it stand out from the city builder crowd.

That was one of Day 1's 36 hour daily deals :\

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Alright GAF, how is Divinity 2: DKS as far as WRPGs go? I have already passed up Risen, which may have been a mistake.

anddo0

So I snagged a copy of Burnout Paradise... but every time I try to launch it, it says "Failed to contact key server". So what, they gave me a bum copy? No CD key or something?

WTF do I do to get it working?

Wait for them to get more keys. I'm in the same boat

No need to wait. Go to the Steam directory, look for ClientRegistry.blob. Rename it to ClientRegistry.blob.old (or something). Re-start Steam, and it will run an update. It should work now.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
as you wish, but only because you have a hanako avatar.

Tess3ract

Banned
Also to clarify for future reference:

DRAGON KNIGHT SAGA IS THE DIVINITY YOU WANT Ego Dragonis is the first game, DKS is the first game AND the expansion pack which has fixed a lot of complaints people had about Ego Dragonis (mostly eurojank)

Lain

I'm gonna vote for M&M Heroes 6, since it seems a fun game, though I won't be able to get it (maybe for the next season sale).

HoosTrax

As a big fallout fan, and a somewhat fan of elder scrolls, and a huge fan of dragons, is Divinity 2 a good investment?
Felt very uninspired and bland to me. The combat had no impact feel to it as well.

---

I'm a big HoMM fan, but I was totally turned off by the incredibly inefficient AI in Heroes 5 (on the larger campaign maps, each AI faction would take almost half a minute to take its turn, and that was on a top-of-the-line for the time system).

vocab

Div2 is good. It gets a bad rep for the first release, and that release was on console too. You get so much content for so little. They removed the DRM, so support the devs and help fund the new divine divinity game.

Giard

Also to clarify for future reference:

DRAGON KNIGHT SAGA IS THE DIVINITY YOU WANT Ego Dragonis is the first game, DKS is the first game AND the expansion pack which has fixed a lot of complaints people had about Ego Dragonis (mostly eurojank)

I thought Divine Divinity was the first game? I may be wrong though.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
edit: Voted for King's Bounty after the fiancé reminded me AoE had already been a daily deal.

People who do not buy Rayman Origins are the reason why we can't have nice things.
I already own the 360 version though :(

that's a pretty expensive double dip for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom