• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-wood

I'll try one final time lol...can anyone tell me if Driver SF has a mode like the original Driver where you spawn and see how long you can outrun the police?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
so what are the chances Bloodlines will be back on sale for the last day? close to nil? gutted i missed it.

I just so happened to check steam before i went to bed, bought it then went to sleep, got lucky

I voted for kings bounty

They did the same thing to me yesterday and I'm pretty sure I made a lot more purchases than you did. I think maybe their fraud protection is screwed up. I'm not even sure what the point is if your account has Steam Guard turned on.

Yeah, Steam Guard is turned on and everything. Just sucks because I have $29 sitting in my Steam account, Civ 5 and Divinity II staring me in the face, and I cant do nothing. I can vote for what game I want to win (but cant buy) in the community choice though!

My only guess is that this is easily the most active Ive been on steam. Got a new computer for Diablo 3, pretty much have converted to being a PC gamer primarily, and was converting a bunch of games over to PC (traded in Saints Row 3 for $28.60, got it off steam for $12.49, did the same with Assassin's Creed and Batman games. Worked out well as I was keeping the games which look better on PC and gaining a bunch of Steam credit for nothing more or less). I guess going 0-60 in no time freaked them out.

wilflare

Yeah, Steam Guard is turned on and everything. Just sucks because I have $29 sitting in my Steam account, Civ 5 and Divinity II staring me in the face, and I cant do nothing. I can vote for what game I want to win (but cant buy) in the community choice though!

My only guess is that this is easily the most active Ive been on steam. Got a new computer for Diablo 3, pretty much have converted to being a PC gamer primarily, and was converting a bunch of games over to PC (traded in Saints Row 3 for $28.60, got it off steam for $12.49, did the same with Assassin's Creed and Batman games. Worked out well as I was keeping the games which look better on PC and gaining a bunch of Steam credit for nothing more or less). I guess going 0-60 in no time freaked them out.

and with this they really need to change their Support system from a Support Ticket system to Customer Service agent or something

It isn't that either because I bought even more during the Christmas sale and didn't get locked out. I think their shit is all fucked up right now.

heringer

The Walking Dead is awesome. Totally captures the mood of the comics.

When is the third episode due out?

Also, for people who asked, The Witcher runs well on my GeForce 525m. High settings, 720p.

Jzero

The Walking Dead is awesome. Totally captures the mood of the comics.

When is the third episode due out?

Also, for people who asked, The Witcher runs well on my GeForce 525m. High settings, 720p.
I think they've said that it was monthly.

Fireblend

Banned
So I wanted to recommend one of those hidden gems not currently displayed on the frontpage: Waves is currently 70% off (making it only $3) and it's been a blast so far. I had some issues getting my controller to work (it only supports X360 pads), but I used x360ce to emulate it through my PS2 controller/USB adapter combo and it worked perfectly. It also helps that I've always really enjoyed twinstick shooters, but I didn't own any on Steam. So do check it out!

Similarly, for those who missed it, PixelJunk Eden is 80% off right now, and it's also a thoroughly enjoyable game. Really fun once you get the hang of it.

So, that's $5 you could spend on two pretty great indie games.

Can everyone vote for AoEIII please, pretty please.
That's what I did. KB is on sale practically every other week and 50% off Heroes VI isn't that enticing to me. AoE III is seldom seen at a good discount so people should take advantage of that whenever possible. Hell the last time before this sale I saw it discounted was something measly like 25% off or something like that.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
A bit extreme I admit. But they locked me over a single freaking DLC purchase for Boarderlands. After all of this:

Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - Insurgency Pack
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - Echelon Edition
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Gratuitous Space Battles - Complete Pack
Gratuitous Space Battles - Parasites DLC
Thief Gold
Thief II
Krater - Collectors Edition
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Eight
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Left 4 Dead
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Stardock Collection Pack - Summer 2012
Just Cause 2 DLC - Monster Truck
Just Cause 2 DLC - Agency Hovercraft
Just Cause 2 Black Market Boom Pack
Just Cause 2 DLC - Rico's Signature Gun
Just Cause 2 DLC - Chevalier Classic
Just Cause 2 DLC - Bull's Eye Assault Rifle
Just Cause 2 DLC: Black Market Aerial Pack
Just Cause 2
Take on Helicopters with Hinds DLC
Dungeon Defenders - Summoner Hero DLC
Dungeon Defenders: Talay Mining Complex Mission Pack
Dungeon Defenders - City in the Cliffs Mission Pack
Dungeon Defenders Presidents Day DLC
Dungeon Defenders - Series EV Hero DLC
Dungeon Defenders Lucky Costume Pack
Dungeon Defenders: Penny Arcade Character Pack
Dungeon Defenders Barbarian Hero DLC
Dungeon Defenders Etherian Holiday Extravaganza
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Six
Stronghold 3 - Gold
Double Fine Bundle
Metro 2033 All Languages
EUIII: Enlightenment Spritepack
EUIII: Reformation Spritepack
EUIII: Medieval Spritepack
EUIII: Revolution Spritepack
Europa Universalis III: Western - Anno Domini 1400
Europa Universalis III: Eastern - Anno Domini 1400
EU III Chronicles
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five
Assassin's Creed Pack - Deluxe
Dear Esther Game Plus OST
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Bastion
Darkness II (ROW)
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
Vessel
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Four
The Walking Dead
Frozen Synapse: Red DLC
Batman 1 and 2 and Gotham City Impostors Bundle
Star Wars: KOTOR
Ys Origin
Bioshock 2
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Toy Soldiers
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Two
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Hazardous Reunion
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Things the Go Boom
Lara Croft GOL
Lara Croft GOL DLC: All the Trappings
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Legacy of Kain Character Pack
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack
Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Sanctum: Collection
Darksiders
Spellforce 2: Gold Edition
Trine 2
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day One
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai - Sendai Faction Pack
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai - Obama Faction Pack DLC
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai - Saga Faction Pack DLC
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai - Tsu Faction Pack DLC
Total War: Shogun 2 - Blood Pack DLC
Total War: Shogun 2 - Limited Edition DLC (Hattori Clan)
Shogun 2 Collection
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Sengoku Jidai DLC
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Ikko Ikki Clan DLC
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
Warlock Power of the Serpent DLC
Warlock DLC
Warlock - Master of the Arcane
Crusader Kings II Songs of the Caliph
Crusader Kings II African Units Pack
CKII DLC Combo
Crusader Kings II Sword of Islam
Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Tactical + Explosion Bundle DLC
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition

Jesus H Strognostovich! I wouldn't have to buy any games for a year with that lot. :lol

MadD4mon

Finally bought Rayman Origins - looking forward to playing it with my GF. :)

My total damage on my first summer sale so far: 78 euros. Not so bad, I guess.

I was out with the girlfriend today so I missed the Flash sales, but I just wanna know if SSFIV: AE was a flash again? I checked Steam on my phone and there were only 3 Flashes so I think one of them was region-locked out of my country.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bastion is slowly but surely becoming... dare I say it...? (My GotY)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

PRETENTIOUS INDIE BULLSHIT!

I didn't care for the game based on the demo, but after grabbing it from the last Humble Bundle I have to say, it really does live up to the hype (well alright, maybe not completely . The game IS overhyped. It surpassed my expectations though). Game is good, art is fantastic, narration is great.

Fireblend

Banned
Finally bought Rayman Origins - looking forward to playing it with my GF. :)

My total damage on my first summer sale so far: 78 euros. Not so bad, I guess.

Dude, I bought it for that exact purpose and it's probably been the game we've enjoyed the most in forever. Rayman's a great game for single player, but it really shines with the multiplayer. Be sure to get some decent gamepads for maximum enjoyment.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I just finished Dear Esther. Wow. Words can't describe the emotions that I felt going through this.

Everyone owes it to themselves to experience this.

How long is it? I've been contemplating it but have heard no feedback about this game. I've considered looking on Youtube but always concerned I will see something that will spoil a game for me.

Fireblend

Banned

Welcome to last year. Bastion has been my '11 GotY since it came out. I still replay it on weekends and feel like it's the first time I'm listening to that soundtrack, hearing the narrator, getting all enthralled with the story... brilliant, brilliant game. I love it and I recommend it to absolutely everyone that considers themselves a fan of games. I've even gifted it a couple of times. It's up there with Cave Story for me.

HockeyDud

Neo Member
Well, I am done with my first summer sale. I think I'm set for the year.

Alien vs Predator
Anno 2070
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Amneisa: The Dark Descent
Bioshock 2
Command and Conquer 4
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Crysis Wars
Darksiders
DiRT
Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition
Driver San Francisco
Fallout New Vegas
Far Cry 2
Mirror's Edge
Prince of Persia
Red Faction Armageddon
Red Faction Guerilla
Sniper Elite V2
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Thief Deadly Shadows
The Walking Dead
Warhammer 40K Space Marine
Battlefield 3 (amazon)
Syndicate (amazon)
Dead Space (amazon)
Dead Space 2 (amazon)

Thankfully I traded in a buncha games at Gamestop and got 90 bucks in Steam credit so I really only spent about 50 bucks total.

ibhzsud8J6iu4h.png

wow

So I missed Borderlands for $5, Ugh that sucks! Oh shit for $3.74 even! double Ugh!

How long is it? I've been contemplating it but have heard no feedback about this game. I've considered looking on Youtube but always concerned I will see something that will spoil a game for me.
An hour or so.

If you've even been contemplating, and think it could be good, give it a shot.

Petrie

Banned
I really can't believe Steam isn't going to let me buy Morrowind before this deal is over. Fucking bullshit.

Anybody want to send it as a gift for paypal or something? I've gotten myself way too hyped to give that game another go. Lol

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Anyone else have anymore input/impressions for Divinity II? Tess3ract already posted his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom