• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

anddo0

Same message.

Damn. Well that worked for me for both Burnout and Need 4 Speed yesterday.. Maybe try again later.

People who do not buy Rayman Origins are the reason why we can't have nice things.

I balked at the price. I purchased anyway, because I had $6.04 in my Steam wallet. So, it was $8.95 out of pocket. I feel the sale should've been 75% off. The $5 difference is make or break for a lot of people.

Tess3ract

Banned
I've bought Divinity 2 TDKS for $6 two months ago from Amazon. It was a steam code even.
I (along with others) wasn't even aware of quite a few amazon deals until recently.

I thought Divine Divinity was the first game? I may be wrong though.
Yes it's divine divinity, then beyond divinity, then it's divinity 2: ego draconis, then the remake of the original PLUS an expansion (Flames of Vengeance) called Dragon Knight Saga

Epic stupid question time, but come on, I don't have that much experience with this sort of thing... I looked up Oblivion mods and found a lot of great looking stuff like bug fixes and whatnot. Can these be applied to the Steam version?

I know how dumb that must sound, but I honestly do not know.

1-D_FTW

Thank God! It wouldn't be a Steam sale without King's Bounty.

Got my vote. Traditions must be upheld.

I balked at the price. I purchased anyway, because I had $6.04 in my Steam wallet. So, it was $8.95 out of pocket. I feel the sale should've been 75% off. The $5 difference is make or break for a lot of people.

I would have settled for 66% and 9.99. The fact it was on sale for 15.00 dollars months ago (and retail versions have been selling for 9.99) makes me reject this until the next sale. Sorry, MrOrange. Principles and all that.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I thought Divine Divinity was the first game? I may be wrong though.

No you are right but Ego Draconis is the first version of Divinity II. Avoid it and buy DKS instead. It's the remastered version of 2 with the DLC.

I am going to buy the first game if it doesn't go any cheaper. It probably won't but I"ll snag it tomorrow if not. I love that game. Second game never gripped me like the first did.

HoosTrax

But Divinity II is sooo bland. The people who recommend it also seem to be people who thought Gothic 3 was great compared to the Elder Scrolls, and don't mind eurojank.

Epic stupid question time, but come on, I don't have that much experience with this sort of thing... I looked up Oblivion mods and found a lot of great looking stuff like bug fixes and whatnot. Can these be applied to the Steam version?

I know how dumb that must sound, but I honestly do not know.
It's not a dumb question don't worry.

But you really just want the nude mods right?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405321 should answer all your questions.

Giard

No you are right but Ego Draconis is the first version of Divinity II. Avoid it and buy DKS instead. It's the remastered version of 2 with the DLC.

I am going to buy the first game if it doesn't go any cheaper. It probably won't but I"ll snag it tomorrow if not. I love that game. Second game never gripped me like the first did.
Thanks for the clarification.

Tess3ract

Banned
But Divinity II is sooo bland. The people who recommend it also seem to be people who thought Gothic 3 was great compared to the Elder Scrolls, and don't mind eurojank.
No, we usually enjoy games with eurojank because they deliver a specific experience that is different from elderscrolls/fallout, and can easily overlook janky or unpolished mechanics or aspects.

I say this as someone who's sunk a shit ton of time into both styles of games

Tess3ract

Banned
Isn't that the only reason anyone studies that thread for 5 hours? To get the nudies working? :lol
No? usually it's to get custom armor/weapon/textures and play dressup, cause I mean honestly, why play an rpg where you can't play dressup?

RPG games are basically Barbies for men. NO SHAME NO FUCKS GIVEN

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Lotta people saying DKS is bland. Now I'm conflicted. I need to get at least one WRPG this sale. (Already have Witcher 1/2 and VTMB)

1-D_FTW

No? usually it's to get custom armor/weapon/textures and play dressup, cause I mean honestly, why play an rpg where you can't play dressup?

RPG games are basically Barbies for men. NO SHAME NO FUCKS GIVEN

Me thinks you doth protest too much.

I'm only kidding. Who wants to fight without armor?

Love the Kings Bounty games, but have little hope that Armored Princess will win the vote : (

What the Heck? There is a Might & Magic: Heroes 4 by Ubisoft, and a series called Heroes of Might and Magic by Ubisoft. Weird. IIRC one of them has some BS DRM.

So Divinity II goes on sale for the first time shortly after Steam has decided that Ive used up too much Steam Wallet credit that I got from Gamestop's tradein deal.

Grand.

Tess3ract

Banned
It's not boring.

The combat is fun, the whole dragon thing is cool/neat/unique, the customization is nice, the conversation options are really good (especially with the whole mindreading aspect), the art style is kind of bland but that doesn't bother me. There's tons of quests to do, you can get into areas you shouldn't be in, but defeat enemies out of skill, etc

The UI is kind of phoned home but who cares really? It's usable, doesn't get in the way, at least it's better than skyrim shit inventory

1-D_FTW

When will the new Daily Deals go up and will those be the last ones?

Clearly we're getting a new indie pack tomorrow (Indie Pack 11). Whether the rest will be new is unknown. But look at it this way, today's won't be new either. They'll be retreads from Flash/Community sales.

metalshade

It's not boring.

The combat is fun, the whole dragon thing is cool/neat/unique, the customization is nice, the conversation options are really good (especially with the whole mindreading aspect), the art style is kind of bland but that doesn't bother me. There's tons of quests to do, you can get into areas you shouldn't be in, but defeat enemies out of skill, etc

The UI is kind of phoned home but who cares really? It's usable, doesn't get in the way, at least it's better than skyrim shit inventory

Damnit, you've sold it to me, but I cant afford it.
Don't suppose anyone would swap it for a Nexuiz code?

Xater

Clearly we're getting a new indie pack tomorrow (Indie Pack 11). Whether the rest will be new is unknown. But look at it this way, today's won't be new either. They'll be retreads from Flash/Community sales.

Doesn't matter if it a repeat. Maybe it will have something I have missed out on.

What does this mean? Are they blocking you from making purchases even from your Steam Wallet finds?

Yeppers. I mean, Ive purchased quite a list, but nothing that doesn't resemble lists Ive seen here. Every time I try to make a purchase I get this message -

"For the protection of the account holder, this purchase has been declined. Further purchasing will be temporarily limited - please contact Steam Support to resolve this issue."

Ive already put a ticket in, but it'll take 2-4 days for them to get to it, so in regards to the sale, doesn't do much for me. Not sure why I got tagged, not like Ive used my credit card on file for the past week or been transferring everything to another account.

Necrovex

It never had online co-op on either version.

Yeah, I know that. I must have worded my question poorly. I was curious if they finally added online co-op to Rayman (for any version). The way you answered answers my original question. Thanks, mate.

Edit: I was using lan and local interchangeably.

Thanos2001

Neo Member
What was your purchasing history leading up to this?

A bit extreme I admit. But they locked me over a single freaking DLC purchase for Boarderlands. After all of this:

Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - Insurgency Pack
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - Echelon Edition
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Gratuitous Space Battles - Complete Pack
Gratuitous Space Battles - Parasites DLC
Thief Gold
Thief II
Krater - Collectors Edition
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Eight
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Left 4 Dead
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Stardock Collection Pack - Summer 2012
Just Cause 2 DLC - Monster Truck
Just Cause 2 DLC - Agency Hovercraft
Just Cause 2 Black Market Boom Pack
Just Cause 2 DLC - Rico's Signature Gun
Just Cause 2 DLC - Chevalier Classic
Just Cause 2 DLC - Bull's Eye Assault Rifle
Just Cause 2 DLC: Black Market Aerial Pack
Just Cause 2
Take on Helicopters with Hinds DLC
Dungeon Defenders - Summoner Hero DLC
Dungeon Defenders: Talay Mining Complex Mission Pack
Dungeon Defenders - City in the Cliffs Mission Pack
Dungeon Defenders Presidents Day DLC
Dungeon Defenders - Series EV Hero DLC
Dungeon Defenders Lucky Costume Pack
Dungeon Defenders: Penny Arcade Character Pack
Dungeon Defenders Barbarian Hero DLC
Dungeon Defenders Etherian Holiday Extravaganza
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Six
Stronghold 3 - Gold
Double Fine Bundle
Metro 2033 All Languages
EUIII: Enlightenment Spritepack
EUIII: Reformation Spritepack
EUIII: Medieval Spritepack
EUIII: Revolution Spritepack
Europa Universalis III: Western - Anno Domini 1400
Europa Universalis III: Eastern - Anno Domini 1400
EU III Chronicles
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Five
Assassin's Creed Pack - Deluxe
Dear Esther Game Plus OST
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate
Bastion
Darkness II (ROW)
Prince of Persia Complete Pack
Vessel
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Four
The Walking Dead
Frozen Synapse: Red DLC
Batman 1 and 2 and Gotham City Impostors Bundle
Star Wars: KOTOR
Ys Origin
Bioshock 2
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Toy Soldiers
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day Two
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Hazardous Reunion
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Things the Go Boom
Lara Croft GOL
Lara Croft GOL DLC: All the Trappings
Lara Croft GOL DLC: Legacy of Kain Character Pack
Binding of Isaac Bundle (Summer 2012)
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack
Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Sanctum: Collection
Darksiders
Spellforce 2: Gold Edition
Trine 2
Summer Sale Indie Bundle Day One
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai - Sendai Faction Pack
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai - Obama Faction Pack DLC
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai - Saga Faction Pack DLC
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai - Tsu Faction Pack DLC
Total War: Shogun 2 - Blood Pack DLC
Total War: Shogun 2 - Limited Edition DLC (Hattori Clan)
Shogun 2 Collection
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Sengoku Jidai DLC
Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Ikko Ikki Clan DLC
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
Warlock Power of the Serpent DLC
Warlock DLC
Warlock - Master of the Arcane
Crusader Kings II Songs of the Caliph
Crusader Kings II African Units Pack
CKII DLC Combo
Crusader Kings II Sword of Islam
Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Tactical + Explosion Bundle DLC
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition

Tukker

Voted for AOE III.

I sure hope Steam will get AOE II, even though its not very probable.
But imagine the online possibilities!

omg that would be so awesome. I bought a physical copy of that game 2 times already but I would rebuy it on steam in a heartbeat.

Yeppers. I mean, Ive purchased quite a list, but nothing that doesn't resemble lists Ive seen here. Every time I try to make a purchase I get this message -

"For the protection of the account holder, this purchase has been declined. Further purchasing will be temporarily limited - please contact Steam Support to resolve this issue."

Ive already put a ticket in, but it'll take 2-4 days for them to get to it, so in regards to the sale, doesn't do much for me. Not sure why I got tagged, not like Ive used my credit card on file for the past week or been transferring everything to another account.

They did the same thing to me yesterday and I'm pretty sure I made a lot more purchases than you did. I think maybe their fraud protection is screwed up. I'm not even sure what the point is if your account has Steam Guard turned on.

Oh so it has happened to 3 of us now. This must be a glitch.

Thanos that is not an extreme amount of purchases. Not enough to block your account. I bought ..... a lot .... more than that before mine got closed yesterday.

I just finished Dear Esther. Wow. Words can't describe the emotions that I felt going through this.

Everyone owes it to themselves to experience this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom