• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
Its not boring, but before I got Bastion in the Humble Bundle, eveyone said how great the game was and such things.

In the end, the gameplay wasnt really special. More like a poor Mans Hack and slay, but the story was what driven me forward to complete this game two times.

i kinda agree, your given such diverse weapons, but when all things are said and done, you only really stick with 1 or 2, literally, since you can't swap to the appropriate weapon unless there is an armory around and later weapons/upgrades make older weapons obsolete.

the puzzle solving is non-existent, so all the gameplay relies on the combat alone, which makes me wish they had traditional boss fights at the end of each level.

the narrator is what keeps the player engaged. i find myself not even paying attention to what i'm doing and play the game on auto-pilot while listening to him narrate what i'm doing while i'm on auto pilot.

i was so fascinated with the his voice so i looked him up on youtube and was not what i was expecting, he was like a young, regular sounding 20 something, i was expecting an older guy who chained smoked for 40 or so years.

all in all, the game is wroth it just for the soundtrack, story and voiceover

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Tempted to get Red Orchestra 2 for that price. I played the first one a lot, both full release and UT mod.

I skipped it at launch because of the massive problems it had, but it appears that they fixed quite a lot of stuff.

What you say RO2 players, buy it ?

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Shoot, I bought Bastion last night and just realized that I already had a key from the last Humble Bundle. Anyone want a key? First one to reply gets it.

diggler41

how awesome is DKS?

I really enjoyed it. Different from most RPGs for sure. Turning into a dragon is pretty neat even though that takes awhile to get that ability. Can be brutally tough as well. Never got to play the expansion which is supposed to add like 30 hours or so of stuff. Glad there is an expansion because the ending is god-awful .

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Tempted to get Red Orchestra 2 for that price. I played the first one a lot, both full release and UT mod.

I skipped it at launch because of the massive problems it had, but it appears that they fixed quite a lot of stuff.

For the price it is a good multiplayer blast, I was certainly enjoying it in the time I played it, not entirely sure how the community is now though. I wouldn't recommend it for single player, but that's just me.

*edit*

Lol. Just looked how much I played it, only 6hrs. I was sure I played it for more than that. For shame. Still, considering I paid like $40US when it came out, for $5 you can't go wrong.

I'm guessing that today Homefront will be a daily or flash deal since it's the only game in the THQ pack that hasn't gone on a deeper sale. What do you guys think of it? I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer but the setup for this game has me intrigued. Even if it doesn't go on sale, would you recommend it just off the single player? I know the campaign is supposed to be relatively short. Yay or nay?

bigace33

I debate this same thing every sale, and always end up just undecided.

Freedom Force is awesome but I don't think it works with windows 7 at all. My steam version refuses to work on 7. Worked magnificent on XP. Third Reich is much better and it works flawless on newer machines. Both are well worth the asking price.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Wow I really do doubt Arma 2 is going to hit the magic sale price now. Unless I'm mistaken it has not left the top 5 all sale long. Man and all because of a mod!

mannerbot

Eh, about 10 minutes left on the Morrowind sale, so I guess I'll give it a last try. Anyone that missed out on Trine 2 that would like to trade me Morrowind in exchange for my Trine 2?

Who's ready for disappointment!?!?!?

Saint's Row the Third hasn't been on sale for 2 days. That's gotta come back, right?

I am interested to see what happens to Cyl though... I hope they all become friends again.

Tess3ract

Banned

PM me if you want a 3 day guest pass for the full game

I really enjoyed it. Different from most RPGs for sure. Turning into a dragon is pretty neat even though that takes awhile to get that ability. Can be brutally tough as well. Never got to play the expansion which is supposed to add like 30 hours or so of stuff. Glad there is an expansion because the ending is god-awful .
DKS redoes the original game even, remasters it and fixes all the issues people had.

Tess3ract

Banned
Well it'll sell to some people like hotcakes today, but arma 2 is still $3 over my consideration pricerange. Instant buy at $10, not at $18

mrgone

Aw snaps, Arma...

Walrus_plays_saxophone.gif

BOOYEAH

I'll take 40%

This is the third time I've gone back and forth on the original Deus Ex. Only played a little and quit before I finished the liberty level. I loved DEHR but I think if I want more DE I'll just replay that. If I get the steam version can't I patch out the first level? Hi Res textures?

I've spent way too much on this sale.

Selfishly for me:
Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Deus Ex Human Revolution: The Missing Link DLC
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition
Fallout: New Vegas (plus all DLC)
From Dust
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
L.A. Noire Complete Edition
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Railworks 3 - Haulin' USA Pack
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Saints Row: The Third (plus Season Pass DLC)
Train Simulator 2012
The Walking Dead
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Wizorb

Gifted to others:
Bastion
Limbo
Orcs Must Die!
Recettear
Terraria

Total damage: $137.42. The only game I still want is Arma II, but at this point I have enough in my backlog to last me forever. I'm weird in that I actually keep a prioritized list and slowly chip through everything.

When does the winter sale usually start? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom