• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancehead

Rolled a dice to choose between EYE and Krater. Got Krater.

Just out of curiosity, what's the current flash deal, it's apparently not available for my region

Stacking bought :)

Batman franchise - Arkham games, Gotham City Imposters.

Edit: Community choice or flash deal? Batman is community deal.

Steam has a really strange region block in place - if you add funds to Steam wallet from one country - and try to use them from different country IP - it blocks you like an NBA player getting their ball swatted away while going up for a dunk.

Unfortunately this is screwing me over - because my work computer is on a proxy and has US IP, but home computer where I added funds has Japan IP. I e-mailed their support but I can't believe they would ever respond in all this madness.

Right now I am checking and the community deal and two of the flash deals are this "not available in your region" BS. Why isn't this being called out as BS? Why do they do it for common games like Darkness II???

Region locks aren't Valve's fault.

HoosTrax

Voted for Krater for the hell of it. Still didn't get my 15 votes. Must have missed more polls than I thought. :(
There must have been a couple where the choices were so "meh" that I couldn't be bothered to case a vote (the one with Brink in it). I think I overslept and miss one as well.

Gala

Glad I waited with Crysis 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood, bought Stacking instead (<3). Running low on the money, thanks to Gaben

Gaspode_T

Yeah they just don't make sense, the publishers are idiots for not taking money. The only one that made sense was the warning that Dead Rising cannot be sold in Germany (illegal)

Voted for Krater! Game sounded like a cyberpunk-ish Diablo which would be cool with me.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I know today's the day. Dustforce 75% off incoming for sure.

Right guys? Right???

Apparently Dear Esther wasn't discounted at all either prior to showing up for 75% off as a daily deal. So that gives some hope that the same could happen to Dustforce. Another insta-buy for me if it does get a nice discount.

PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN. Sale gods if you are listening, if it's 75% off I will buy two gift copies instead of one.

Also, voted for Krater.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Can't believe I bought Skyrim even after ~150 hours with the X360 version. What are the recommend mods? Looking better looking characters and NPC, especially default set since I suck at making my own.
Recommended mods? Use enb series and find some mods for that. The results are pretty amazing, I think.

Here's an example I took from my PC:

Regular Skyrim
807da697d8eabb7ecf78f52049fa1fc19990eaa1.jpg

enb Skyrim
4fb0e86af3498527b2facee5ae6073982a2c3330.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
I wish we could give away extra copies of games in bundles. I'm curious for Stacking and Costume Quest but I already have Psychonauts.

Btw, how are the ports for CQ and Stacking?

Just bought Crysis Maximum edition bundle! Excited to play these games (already played a bit of crysis1)
Only annoyance: Canada bandwidth limits suck! I have 90gb/month and its 31gb to install the entire bundle. This, with my netflix streaming has made me go wayyyyy over that limit...in about 8 days. Time to upgrade internet limits for the Steam Sale :)

I wish we could give away extra copies of games in bundles. I'm curious for Stacking and Costume Quest but I already have Psychonauts.

Costume Quest is locked at 30 FPS, but it never detracted too much (if at all) from my enjoyment. Very charming and simplistic RPG/adventure game with some creative elements when it comes to combat.

mclem

Vote 16 just appeared; so you've missed some.

There's some sort of lag in it updating. I voted on my fifteenth before I left for work this morning (so around eight hours ago) - the vote was registered, but my badge didn't updated. I looked about an hour ago at it, and it had updated by then.

I still haven't participated in vote 16.

HoosTrax

CQ is mostly fine. 30 fps cap though, which the devs acknowledge as an issue for PC gamers and are apologetic about, but can't do anything to address technical-wise. Not really a twitch game so it shouldn't hamper your gameplay.

gdt

What do the Nightwing and Robin packs have in them? I'd rather wait for the GOTY and it's terrible cover on PC than buy the game piecemeal

Challenge Maps. Basically fighting room, but with Nightwing and Robin. Just buy the game and all the DLC, it will be cheaper than the GOTY edition.

You voted for a game you already have, that was already on sale with an indie bundle? You are part of the problem, you should be voting for stuff that hasn't been a daily yet.

I don't have the game actually, I just checked some videos and reviews and the atmosphere seems right up my alley. I missed a full day of deals so I guess that's when it was part of a bundle, I didn't know.

HoosTrax

E.Y.E really doesn't look that good at all though. looks far too... I don't know, unpolished to me.
I had the exact same sentiments. Resources-wise, it's hard for an indie team to put out a non-janky looking FPS game, and they usually end up looking like an unpolished, mod quality game. Hard Reset is the exception, not the rule.

Weenerz

Banned
I don't have the game actually, I just checked some videos and reviews and the atmosphere seems right up my alley. I missed a full day of deals so I guess that's when it was part of a bundle, I didn't know.

Oh, well that makes a difference, didn't check your steam to see if you had it. Sorry to attack. I just see people voting on games they have because they like it instead of voting for the game that hasn't been on sale yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom