• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binabik15

Everyone needs to buy Binary Domain and the Company of Heroes bundle

every one

ibiGNzVadU5YyB.gif

I did.

Well, I already own on of the CoH games and it was several hours of updating before I could play it on my laptop back in the day, so I didn't buy THAT.

I'll roflstomp all of you BD lovers if it's not a fun walk there, shot this game to relax to. Then I'll LOOK AT ALL DAT JUICE.

ds8k

I've got a problem with Arkham City. I have the a retail copy that I played to completion, but because I'm an idiot I just bought the Steam version too. I found my retail save file, added my gamertag to the front, and dropped it in the folder where Steam keeps the AC saves.

Unfortunately that did not work. Has anyone else tried something like this? Am I just screwed?

Watevaman

Is Binary Domain not going to be $10, then? The only reason I didn't get it from Amazon was because I thought it would be $10 on Steam and then I'd just get it then (I know it's Steamworks anyway, I just had some games I was getting through at the time).

Ledsen

I've got a problem with Arkham City. I have the a retail copy that I played to completion, but because I'm an idiot I just bought the Steam version too. I found my retail save file, added my gamertag to the front, and dropped it in the folder where Steam keeps the AC saves.

Unfortunately that did not work. Has anyone else tried something like this? Am I just screwed?

GfwL+ save files = clusterfuck everytime.

Fou-Lu

Should I get CoH complete or just the base game?...

Ugh, I want the Batman games too, but I'm running low on funds and there's still a few other games I want.

Salsa

people voting for Krater right? still dont know if i'll get it if it wins, not a fan of the Minecraft model of basically selling you a beta

LiK

yea, read this

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2331974

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
guys I want to buy more games

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Krater? Good, bad?

I'm reading 'Diablo, Borderlands, Fallout', which is uh, awesome, but I've never heard of this game.
Might wanna watch the GB quicklook if you've got the time. Seems pretty good. (And if you're not a fan of the GB guys, I found them non-obnoxious in this one.)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
So GAF, regarding Binary Domain...

Do I get the Dan Marshall Pack as well?

Going by post 2146, I wouldn't.

Note on Binary Domain DLC:
- Multiplayer Pack: Pretty much nobody plays it (You need to be 6 people to start even a free-for-all deathmatch.), but if you insist on trying it maybe you'd want the exclusive map, I guess?
- Dan Marshall Pack: Basically a paid cheat. You get some free nanomachines in your inventory and a DLC-exclusive shock blast upgrade that seemed slightly overpowered from what I saw of it on youtube. It's available as a free upgrade in the ingame stores so you can probably choose not to equip it.

Bricky

Does anybody have some good recommendations for Crysis 1 mods? The Crysis 2 mods posted here are really nice, but I want to start with the original and can't really find a recent list of best mods on google.

Just got Binary Domain. Is Spec Ops worth it at $33 or should I just wait like another month for the inevitable price drop either on Steam or elsewhere? I certainly want to play it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky, don't force me to buy Crysis 2

Wish I could give away my copy of Dear Esther. I should've known this was not a game for me, but those were the worst 2€ I've spent in a long time.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Corky, don't force me to buy Crysis 2

Do it, it's ( I know this sounds stupid but still.. ) very underrated and scrutinized rather unfairly. It's one of my favorite modern FPS's, and it grows on me each time I play it. Being one of the best looking games I've every played doesn't really diminish the joy of playing it either :p

I have a decision to make. I can either get ARMAII for Day Z at some point in the sale or Binary Domain right now. At that point I'm done with the sale because I will have hit my allotted budget. What do I pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom