• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a decision to make. I can either get ARMAII for Day Z at some point in the sale or Binary Domain right now. At that point I'm done with the sale because I will have hit my allotted budget. What do I pick?

Arma 2 for sure, Binary Domain may be a decent tps, but have they even fixed the horrendous m/kb support in it yet?

XeroSauce

What's the general consensus on Metro 2033?

Very tempting.

Atmosphere is one of the best in any game I've played. Turn off your lights and turn your headphones up. You will feel yourself breathing when you put the gas mask on.

BUT

The combat can be iffy if you play on non-Ranged because enemies take bullets like crazy, and Ranger mode can be stupid-hard because of some wonky controls and enviroments that throw enemies at you haphazardly.

It is not a polished game in that regard; there are some parts of the game that I feel like they could have made better. It's also fairly scary, if you are (or aren't) into that kind of thing.

There are sidepaths and stealth missions as well, which can turn into full gunfests.
Barely a spoiler:
And some of the sidepaths are traps, for example walking onto a rail to get an upgraded revolver, and then the game drops the railing from under you, plunging you into acid. I laughed.

I would recommend everyone -try- it but don't expect to fall in love immediately.

Artofwar420

Oh god, im actually contemplating on getting a train simulator.... THIS IS WAS STEAM SALES HAS DONE TO MEEE

Is it worth it?

EXlRg.png

flowsnake

GTA Complete bundle (all the GTA titles) is 7,49€ here in Spain :\

There are different europe pricing regions.

from steamprices:

Region 1:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland

Region 2:
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Vatican City

However, I don't know how Norway could possibly be in the cheaper region 2. When I went there everything cost about 2* UK prices.

Lancehead

Do it, it's ( I know this sounds stupid but still.. ) very underrated and scrutinized rather unfairly. It's one of my favorite modern FPS's, and it grows on me each time I play it. Being one of the best looking games I've every played doesn't really diminish the joy of playing it either :p

It's also got some of the best level design in modern FPS (single player).

XeroSauce

Is Crysis 1 and 2 worth it? Never played any of them before.

IMO the gameplay is great but can get tiring switching between armor and speed etc.
If you have the horsepower in your computer, I heartily recommend it though. Definitely something you should should see, and experience.

Maiger

Bought CoH Complete Pack. Looks like a great game and Relic/THQ deserves more money.
Didn't vote for Krater because I was stupid, if it wins, I'll definitely buy it. I hope they get the coop working soon.

Amory

Built my gaming rig earlier this year and this is my first steam sale :) in all my years gaming I've never gotten so much for my money, it's crazy. But my backlog is growing by orders of magnitude...

also people need to understand that no one saying Binary Domain is good in a "it's so bad it's good" kinda way, cause it can come off like that, but it's actually, honestly, genuinely, really, just good. It's a great game.

I'm going to get Binary Domain eventually, I just want to get it on console. I don't know why. Don't judge me.

Katoki

Built my gaming rig earlier this year and this is my first steam sale :) in all my years gaming I've never gotten so much for my money, it's crazy. But my backlog is growing by orders of magnitude...

Least you're not alone. I've noticed this huge influx in people switching to PC lately because of the age of current consoles.

reson8or

Atmosphere is one of the best in any game I've played. Turn off your lights and turn your headphones up. You will feel yourself breathing when you put the gas mask on.

BUT

The combat can be iffy if you play on non-Ranged because enemies take bullets like crazy, and Ranger mode can be stupid-hard because of some wonky controls and enviroments that throw enemies at you haphazardly.

It is not a polished game in that regard; there are some parts of the game that I feel like they could have made better. It's also fairly scary, if you are (or aren't) into that kind of thing.

There are sidepaths and stealth missions as well, which can turn into full gunfests.
Barely a spoiler:
And some of the sidepaths are traps, for example walking onto a rail to get an upgraded revolver, and then the game drops the railing from under you, plunging you into acid. I laughed.

I would recommend everyone -try- it but don't expect to fall in love immediately.

Thanks much Xero, I gave into temptation and picked it up. Will need to give the cat an extra large ball of yarn to keep him from jumping on me whilst playing, lol.

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on Binary Domain, but I really want Dyad and I probably shouldn't buy both. >.<

I'm in the same boat but with Journey instead of Dyad. I should have bought Journey a long time ago but never got round to it, but I plan on getting it this week.

But then again, money...

Is Crysis 1 and 2 worth it? Never played any of them before.

Let me be the voice of reason and tell you to just go ahead and pick up Crysis 1 for now. I think that it's much better and it's currently about at the price floor that I'd expect ti to say at for some type. Crysis 2 on the other hand is a solid game, but it's pretty much 100% to continue to drop in price, or at least be the same price at the holidays. So I'd tell you to just grab Crysis for now and then if you enjoy it pick up the rest of the games at the Xmas sale.

kaskade

I'm getting stacking. I didn't realize it was only 3.75. I'd go for the bundle but I already have psychonauts and Costume Quest. I'd definitely recommend CQ though, save it for halloween time.

Enco

Mount & Blade: Warband is fucking amazing.

Came out of nowhere and I'm loving it. Really really great. Haven't touched the SP (which is meant to be loooooooong) and am having a blast in the MP.

Thanks PrematureQuiche for hooking me up with GTA Complete! Much appreciated. :)

Is PrematureQuiche still helping people with GTA complete purchases? I think I want in. But I don't really know the procedure. I would pay him in advance right, using pay pal? And he would just gift it?

Dibbz

Guys I just bought the GTA collection and for some reason in my list of games I have 2 copies of GTA 3, VC and SA. Thing is those copies aren't the game, it only has the details page without any info saying this game is not for this platform :/

Is there any way to get rid of these without making a new category?

This is what I mean

7592652646_518e132c7a_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom