• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amagon

Binding of Isaac hit a million sales a day ago.

tumblr_m7a5xerbEz1rwh6p8o1_500.gif

Congrats to Edmund. One of these days I'll get a controller and get around to playing SMB.

Binding of Isaac totally deserves the million sales.

Guys I just bought the GTA collection and for some reason in my list of games I have 2 copies of GTA 3, VC and SA. Thing is those copies aren't the game, it only has the details page without any info saying this game is not for this platform :/

Is there any way to get rid of these without making a new category?

This is what I mean

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8291/7592652646_518e132c7a_b.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

They're Mac versions of the games. I don't believe there is a way to get rid of them, unfortunately.

Firebrand

Mount & Blade: Warband is fucking amazing.

Came out of nowhere and I'm loving it. Really really great. Haven't touched the SP (which is meant to be loooooooong) and am having a blast in the MP.
Can I jump into Mount&Blade MP without having a clue or will people get angry with me? Those large battles looked kind of fun on youtube.

ds8k

Guys I just bought the GTA collection and for some reason in my list of games I have 2 copies of GTA 3, VC and SA. Thing is those copies aren't the game, it only has the details page without any info saying this game is not for this platform :/

This is what I mean

7592652646_518e132c7a_b.jpg

Mac versions.

EDIT: Beat.

Prophane33

Mount & Blade: Warband is fucking amazing.

Came out of nowhere and I'm loving it. Really really great. Haven't touched the SP (which is meant to be loooooooong) and am having a blast in the MP.

Owned it for awhile and haven't really played it (bought it on Amazon awhile back on the cheap) just picked up the Napoleonic expansion from Amazon (since it's 2 dollars and some change) just had a blast playing online.

ImRight

Hey Guys If ive played Arkham City on 360, which i loved, althought cant see much replay value in it.
Would it be worth playing AA on PC is it as good? even thought obviously its not open world....but have i ruined the story by playing AC first?

2 hours to go on this one :D

Edit: Also is the 3d on this game any good? i havent found any games yet that i actually see Much benefit/Enjoyment from 3d

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

This is what I mean

Does that for me too, maybe cause I got it gifted from a UKer?

edit: oic

Deliverance

Neo Member

This is what I mean

These are the Mac versions of the game. And nope, you can't hide them unless you make a new category. Sucks, yep.

Edit: Goddamnit, you guys are fast!

This is what I mean

Restart your PC.

Enco

Owned it for awhile and haven't really played it (bought it on Amazon awhile back on the cheap) just picked up the Napoleonic expansion from Amazon (since it's 2 dollars and some change) just had a blast playing online.
I bought the NP pack and I much prefer the original modes online.

The voice characters in NP are fucking horrendous and constant. Ruin the game.

Voidance

Hey Guys If ive played Arkham City on 360, which i loved, althought cant see much replay value in it.
Would it be worth playing AA on PC is it as good? even thought obviously its not open world....but have i ruined the story by playing AC first?

2 hours to go on this one :D
I liked Arkham Asylum more than Arkham City (sacrilege, I know) largely for the tightened focus and better story. Both games are in my top ten for the generation, though.

Is Duke Nukem Forever entertaining enough for £3.74, or is it just boring and shit?
No. Not even for the money, but for the time put in playing the game is better spent elsewhere. It's just a very dry game full of bad humour, gimmicky level design, and sparse combat (and what combat there is is pretty flat).

0V8AI.jpg

Had $100 in steam wallet, and now $13.41
Not sure what i should spend my last bit on
Games I'm thinking about getting:

Ys. Oath in Felghana($5.09 until end of sale)- I bought the Ys. Origin game, and I kind of want to encourage more JRPGs to go on steam.

Metro 2033($4.99 on sale now)- Looks like a cool, atmospheric game.

ACII($4.99 on sale now)- I never played an Assassin's Creed game except for a few minutes of the first one. Wondering if I should wait for them to go on sale when ACIII comes out or not.

Just Cause 2($3.75 if it goes on sale for -75 off)- Wouldn't mind having an open world game to play. Looks like you can do tonnes of cool shit and it's about to go online.

Not sure how I should go about this or what to cut off.

This is what I mean

Use these; From custom images thread:

Hakkuei

Can I jump into Mount&Blade MP without having a clue or will people get angry with me? Those large battles looked kind of fun on youtube.

Totally, nobody really gives a fuck, especially in large servers. Just hop into a 200 player siege server and have fun.

FrankT

Least you're not alone. I've noticed this huge influx in people switching to PC lately because of the age of current consoles.

Well there is that for sure and you can get a rocking PC for great price right now. Steam sale has already confirmed my recent purchase. Certainly not going to get these prices on the console side.

reson8or

No. Not even for the money, but for the time put in playing the game is better spent elsewhere. It's just a very dry game full of bad humour, gimmicky level design, and sparse combat (and what combat there is is pretty flat).

I second this opinion. I really wanted to like Duke, but the game is just a chore through and through.

ImRight

I liked Arkham Asylum more than Arkham City (sacrilege, I know) largely for the tightened focus and better story. Both games are in my top ten for the generation, though.

Yeah i totally get that ay, Open worlds r Great but if its done right a More linear game can be Just as good if not better....

Might bite on this

My hesitation is just that like.... Its batman.. arent you supposed to be flying off crazy high building's n stuff? i kinda feel like being inside a Prison... Or asylum would make it feel super confined....

Do u actually spend any time in the open?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Question, since there are always a bunch of people asking if they get a gift copy of a game if they buy a bundle in which they already own some of what's included: if you buy the whole bundle as a "gift" does it split the games out individually? Seems like in that case you could just gift the ones you want to yourself and send the others along to other people.

Is PrematureQuiche still helping people with GTA complete purchases? I think I want in. But I don't really know the procedure. I would pay him in advance right, using paypal? And he would just gift it?

That is exactly how it works and I am still on. Although my account keeps locking me out sometimes randomly!

Ys. Oath in Felghana($5.09 until end of sale)- I bought the Ys. Origin game, and I kind of want to encourage more JRPGs to go on steam.

Just Cause 2($3.75 if it goes on sale for -75 off)- Wouldn't mind having an open world game to play. Looks like you can do tonnes of cool shit and it's about to go online.
If JC2 doesn't go on sale, get OiF. Everything else you can get later on eventually.

Suairyu

Banned
Hrm. Get Arkham City or wait for the inevitable GOTY edition at the same price?

Yeah i totally get that ay, Open worlds r Great but if its done right a More linear game can be Just as good if not better....

Might bite on this

My hesitation is just that like.... Its batman.. arent you supposed to be flying off crazy high building's n stuff? i kinda feel like being inside a Prison... Or asylum would make it feel super confined....

Do u actually spend any time in the open?
You do spend time out in the open, but it's mostly indoors.

But don't worry. You feel like Batman.

You remember those scenes in Batman Begins where he picks off people one by one in the warehouses? It's just like that.

Bizazedo

Is it wrong I that I have reached the point where I don't even remember where / when I picked up a game?

Like, Binary Domain is in my library. Hell if I remember getting it.

anddo0

Caved and purchased Rage and Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack. I know I could've waited for Rage at $4.99 later in the year, but screw it. I own GTA complete on PS3, but my laptop can more than handle the PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom