• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double

Yeah, that's what I told my friend who uses a 360. He said he wants to have a nice PC, so I told him to not buy any new console games for a while (he preorders a lot of stuff).
Would be ok IF he plays the stuff from day 1 then.

Thanks for the Costume Quest feedback, still debating it but tendencies for the bundle are positive!

Yeah. People in this thread have to realize that we're all insane. Normal people don't spend this kind of money on games. ;D

You have got to be kidding me... 'normal' people spend much more on games, as most normal people are console gamers who spend $60 bucks a month multiple times if they are 'hardcore' gaming types, or parents buying for children.

$100 on a steam sale once a year, with maybe a couple full price games a year, is the smart way to do it....

Anyway, I'm trying to say normal people spend much more without even realizing it.

Artofwar420

I beg to differ on that one. The typical dude spends way more a year buying his 60 dollar console games than I do. If you just buy games at their pricing floor (which doesn't take long), you can build a massive backlog spending 100 - 200 dollars a year easy.

I'm not in the extreme like some closing in on a thousand games (and who still purchase things Day 1 that they don't play), but being selective with my purchases, I'll probably cross the 200 mark barrier before this sale ends. So far I've gotten 17 games/expansions for 51 dollars (3 bucks a pop). And my backlog is well over 100 and would last for years with no additional purchases.

True, for the price of ONE console game and a half I've gotten like 20 games and 10 expansions/dlc stuff. It's often said with a snicker, but we are saving money.

You have got to be kidding me... 'normal' people spend much more on games, as most normal people are console gamers who spend $60 bucks a month multiple times if they are 'hardcore' gaming types, or parents buying for children.

$100 on a steam sale once a year, with maybe a couple full price games a year, is the smart way to do it....

Anyway, I'm trying to say normal people spend much more without even realizing it.

You're right but most people in here probably buy a lot of $60 games too lol

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Damn, cancer, hope you are doing ok. :)
Doin' a lot better. Got to move home a few days ago. =)

I guess I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was most people don't buy the volume of games that we do. They won't wait for a Steam sale to buy 20 games, instead they'll spend the same amount of money on three games throughout the year.

You're totally right, I just meant that we're a more unique breed. Most people don't spend money like we do, is a better way to put it.

I guess I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was most people don't buy the volume of games that we do. They won't wait for a Steam sale to buy 20 games, instead they'll spend the same amount of money on three games throughout the year.

You're totally right, I just meant that we're a more unique breed. Most people don't spend money like we do, is a better way to put it.

O yea then totally agreed, for example even some of the people on my steam friends list who are constantly playing big name games, don't even realize there is a sale going on when I tell them but I always see them buying full price games day one.

Hooray!!!

And now my first(and only) purchase has been made.

yes, I know Stronghold 3 is supposed to suck, but I just wanted to play it myself.

last remnant seems interesting but all combat in square games has been shit since ffx
There's a demo you can try and see for yourself. It's one of the most fun turn-based battle systems I've experienced. Nothing trumps Baten Kaitos Origins's battle system, though :)

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
LastRemnant1.jpg

Guys, The Last Remnant is $8.99 over at Green Man Gaming. Buy this if you have any interest in RPGs at all. It's probably the best RPG Square Enix has done in a long time. Play it for the great battle system (turn-based) and fuckawesome music. The story is not why you should be playing this, but it does have its moments. Also, no random battles for those whose panties get in a twist over that.

The PC version is so godly compared to the bad 360 version. Lots of tweaks, improvements, and so on. The best one being a Turbo feature that doubles the speed of battles.

And, yes, it will activate on Steam!

On steam? Good enough for me.

Koroviev

Doin' a lot better. Got to move home a few days ago. =)

"Normal people" spend money on trivial things, such as clothes and food. Fie, plebs.

Yasae

Banned
http://images.wikia.com/lastremnant/images/f/f3/LastRemnant1.jpg[img]

[B]Guys, The Last Remnant is $8.99 over at [url=http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/last-remnant/]Green Man Gaming[/url].[/B] Buy this if you have any interest in RPGs at all. It's probably the best RPG Square Enix has done in a long time. Play it for the great battle system (turn-based) and fuckawesome music. The story is [I]not[/I] why you should be playing this, but it does have its moments. Also, no random battles for those whose panties get in a twist over that.

The PC version is so godly compared to the bad 360 version. Lots of tweaks, improvements, and so on. The best one being a [B]Turbo feature[/B] that doubles the speed of battles.

And, yes, it will activate on Steam![/QUOTE]
So here are the PC version improvements: [url]http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_Xbox_360_and_PC_versions[/url]

Essentially the game is as it should have been on the 360. They really listened to reviews and feedback and changed very specific things to make the game better (saves between bases, enhanced difficulty with proper balance, and even extras like New Game+). Easily worth $9.

vall03

ugh, was able to get a last minute vote on Sanctum and my badge still isn't upgraded. Oh well, theres still quite a few more days of sale left...

Ok, below $100. Time to start making hard cuts.

Gemini Rue, you look cool and you're in a great pack along with Ys and Tiny Bang Story, but I'm going with just Ys solo so I have enough for Shoot Many Robots 4 pack instead. I dont know when I'd ever get to GR anyway, but I'm sure Shoot Many Robots will get some coop play in the near future (as most coop games do) with my group of friends.

LastRemnant1.jpg

Guys, The Last Remnant is $8.99 over at Green Man Gaming. Buy this if you have any interest in RPGs at all. It's probably the best RPG Square Enix has done in a long time. Play it for the great battle system (turn-based) and fuckawesome music. The story is not why you should be playing this, but it does have its moments. Also, no random battles for those whose panties get in a twist over that.

The PC version is so godly compared to the bad 360 version. Lots of tweaks, improvements, and so on. The best one being a Turbo feature that doubles the speed of battles.

And, yes, it will activate on Steam!

3.71 spent on it. Thanks for the heads up.

Card Boy

Banned
Do i want to Shoot Many Robots? I can't be effed downloading the demo off XBLA. Plus i skimmed out on the XBLA sale couple weeks back because i wanted to save my points for Tony Hawk and Hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom