• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroviev

EYE should of won because people need to give that game a chance. The game was a rough gem but with the two big patches in the past 2 months they are slowing polishing that gem.

I realize that he's generally reviled for making fanboys cry, but Jim Sterling's description convinced me to buy the game during the last sale:

E.Y.E is basically like Deus Ex would have been if Eidos had spent its time licking toads and drinking Red Bull.

naku

Okay, still need to stay awake for the next flash sale. 30mins, if it's not Deus Ex, I'm going to sleep and never gonna wake up. If it is, I'll never go to sleep again.

Edit. It's 1:38am

I bet money the voting is rigged it has to be! Sanctum and eye have been in numerous bundles and have been on sale monthly. Thanks gabe, for ruining my day.

LM4sure

Banned
S8zR6.png

I won!!

LastRemnant1.jpg

Guys, The Last Remnant is $8.99 over at Green Man Gaming. Buy this if you have any interest in RPGs at all. It's probably the best RPG Square Enix has done in a long time. Play it for the great battle system (turn-based) and fuckawesome music. The story is not why you should be playing this, but it does have its moments. Also, no random battles for those whose panties get in a twist over that.

The PC version is so godly compared to the bad 360 version. Lots of tweaks, improvements, and so on. The best one being a Turbo feature that doubles the speed of battles.

And, yes, it will activate on Steam!

GMG also have a free game that you can 'purchase' at the moment and once you've ordered it you get a 20% voucher that can be used with Last Remnant. It comes down to $7.20

I'm pretty tempted...

I voted for Krater, but don't own Sanctum. This talk of Sanctum has me wondering what I've been missing out on though. Is it worth the discount? I've been an avid console gamer until now, only using my PC for WOW, but with this sale I've been picking up a few titles I've seen talk of here. What should I be looking out for in this sale Gaf?

Card Boy

Banned
In case your on the fence or thinking its a bad game. Gotham City Imposters is amazing. It's basically like COD mixed with TF2. Sort of.

The game has shitloads of customization.

This doesnt have any sense, nearly all the people on this thread voted for Krater. This has to be much bigger forums like reddit doing the same as us and voting for other games, that or the whole communtiy is just stupid or trolling (choosing a game that has been on sale 3 times already this sales, and has been lots of other months also, its has to be stupidity or trolling).

Not a good sign for Steam greenlight, not a good sign at all.

JJDubz

I voted for Krater, but don't own Sanctum. This talk of Sanctum has me wondering what I've been missing out on though. Is it worth the discount? I've been an avid console gamer until now, only using my PC for WOW, but with this sale I've been picking up a few titles I've seen talk of here. What should I be looking out for in this sale Gaf?

Just be like me and buy almost every game that you don't already have. That's really the only way to make sure you have all the games that are worth a damn. Give in to the Gaben.

GMG also have a free game that you can 'purchase' at the moment and once you've ordered it you get a 20% voucher that can be used with Last Remnant. It comes down to $7.20

I'm pretty tempted...
Wow, that's a good idea. I didn't even know about that.

I just want The Last Remnant and then I'm officially done with this sale! I'd buy the Green Man Gaming one, but knowing my luck, it'll be cheaper during a Steam Daily/Flash sale eventually. So I will hold out.
I honestly doubt it will show up. The lowest I've seen it is $7, and like the above post said, you can get it for $7 and some change with the voucher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom