• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
THE GAME PLAN FOR THE SECOND HALF

$25 left:

Just Cause 2
Recettear
Gundemonium Collection
Morrowind?
WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE

Crap, i forgot about Morrowind. I should really look at my Wishlist and start plotting my final attack. I get paid this week but I already have some bills I have to pay. Went on vacation a few weeks ago and it tapped me out for a bit because when we got home the mortgage and everything was due. Fun fun.

Gawdammit! If I run out of my Steam Wallet and a good sale still comes up, I'm going to buy it. That's what my credit card is for, and it won't be a lot of money anyway.

feel

1qEKQ.png
For fucks sake Steam staff...

Where's Stalker, Arma2, Thief, Amanita games, etc

I'm looking for some more Steam friends. My Steam ID is the same, IndieJones.

If I get enough friends, I might even make a Steam avatar and take the Santa hat off this one...

Joe Molotov

No. You HAVE to create a Facebook account and link it or else the game will NOT start. NFS.

This way have already been cleared up, but just for the record, you do not have to link you Facebook account. I just played a multi round with some guys, didn't link anything. Just skip all the Duckduck stuff and disable it in Options.

Cutwolf

Can someone hold a contest to gift Anno 2070 where you win if your username is Cutwolf or your steam name is Glap86? I missed the sale. Waaaah

Hawk269

I still have a FREE copy of Magika to give out. Instead of my normal U2 related quiz and since I am new to Steam and all, how about we do this.

In the next 30 minutes, whoever add's me as a friend within Steam, I will put their name in a drawing for the game. Just send me a friends request via Steam and include your Gaf name as well. I will write down each name and put them in a hat and draw a winner and announce it here on the site.

My Steam Name is: Stateless. Since there are other "Stateless" users, mine is the one with a Joshua Tree Avatar.

Good Luck to whoever enters. I will draw the Winners name at 6:15pm PST today.

Here are the entries for the Giveaway of Magika...

Appledrank
Plbelanger
Roadhazzard
NSQuote
NS4
FireFlys545
Trinest
Trancos
Gooster
Pock3tmonster

And the winner is......

Roadhazzard!

Congrats. I will be gifting you your game a little later tonight.

As a reminder, I will be doing a 3rd Gaf Community Game Giveaway within the next 24 hours. Just look for a post from me with whatever crazy trivia (usually U2 related) questions I can think of to gain entry to win a free game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Appledrank
Plbelanger
Roadhazzard
NSQuite
NS4
FireFlys545
Trinest
Trancos
Gooster
Pock3tmonster

And the winner is......

Roadhazzard!

As a reminder, I will be doing a 3rd Gaf Community Game Giveaway within the next 24 hours. Just look for a post from me with whatever crazy trivia (usually U2 related) questions I can think of to gain entry to win a free game.

Wooooh, I won! Been thinking of buying the game for quite some time, but never got around to it, so this will be a welcome addition to my library. Thanks a bunch!

Is it possible to increase the bandwidth allocated to Steam downloads?

Appledrank
Plbelanger
Roadhazzard
NSQuite
NS4
FireFlys545
Trinest
Trancos
Gooster
Pock3tmonster

And the winner is......

Roadhazzard!

Thanks for the chance. I'll keep an eye out for the next giveaway. Gaf is a generous bunch!

I still haven't bought anything. My problem is I won't buy a game when it's not on sale, but when I see a game like Rage for 10 bucks I psyche myself out and think to myself am I really going to enjoy this? What if there's a daily deal tommorow for a game I really want? Then the next day I kick myself, as was the case with Alice, that I didn't jump on the deal. The next thing I know the sale is over and I've only spent $3. Granted, I'm a lot more frugal these days.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Wonder if Morrowind will get 75% off as well if Oblivion wins. I'd happily snatch that up for $5.

Megasoum

Banned
You shouldn't complain, at least people are gifting you games, however shitty they are. I, on the other hand, have to buy them like any other Steamaholic :(

Hehe I was kidding, no complaining here lol. And I don't think I ever received a gift (not that I want one) other than technical stuff like a friend buying a game for me because of CC problems or things like that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
downloading with 7 mbs here atm
How do you people do it? Now i somehow managed to get Stacking to download at 110 KB/s, but Costume Quest is downloading at a breathtaking speed of... 0!!! Seriously, if I close Stean and open it again, it will start at 9 KB/s, and after a couple minutes will stop downloading completely.

DTKT

How do you people do it? Now i somehow managed to get Stacking to download at 110 KB/s, but Costume Quest is downloading at a breathtaking speed of... 0!!! Seriously, if I close Stean and open it again, it will start at 9 KB/s, and after a couple minutes will stop downloading completely.

Change the download location.

View - Settings - Download&Cloud - Download Location

beanman25

If you launch the game from your Steam Library (or any other way), set its Steam property "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..." to
-no_duckduck

:)

goldensun

So this is unrelated to the sales but I bought the Humble Bundle way back when, and I had none of the games except Amnesia.

It gives you a key for Amnesia, Sword and Sworcery and Psychonauts, and I installed the last two but haven't installed the first since I had already bought it.

Does that mean if I give somebody the key, they'll be able to install Amnesia? Or is it just an unused copy that'll be forever bound to my account?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom