• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
So this is unrelated to the sales but I bought the Humble Bundle way back when, and I had none of the games except Amnesia.

It gives you a key for Amnesia, Sword and Sworcery and Psychonauts, and I installed the last two but haven't installed the first since I had already bought it.

Does that mean if I give somebody the key, they'll be able to install Amnesia? Or is it just an unused copy that'll be forever bound to my account?

lets try an experiment, give me the key and i'll let you know.

>_>
<_<

alphaNoid

Banned
Maybe I'm an idiot, but do you also know how to inverse the right analog stick for the Xbox controller. Been looking through the menus during the tutorial and cant't find anything.

It's okay though, since I've been fiending on Dead Rising 2: OR. I haven't played a Dead Rising since the first one on the Xbox, but I'm loving how completely over the top this one is.

I'm using KB&M, but you configure most of the game settings outside of the game in the game config option when you double click to launch the game. Instead of launching the game, launch the config tool.

Ya, the story is like if Hideo Kojima wrote Ghost in the Shell.

Indeed! The story on the surface seems like a B grade game story, but ... the attention to detail and mostly the well presented and WELL EDITED cut scenes really bring it home. It genuinely feels like a great sci fi adventure, with a rich storyline but campy one liner protagonists to give it some adoring appeal. I mean, its really done right.. so long as someone goes in with an open mind. I think the bad reviews on metacritic are not justified and people are directly comparing it to Gears when it shouldn't be.

This game is fresh.

So what's up with the Facebook shit in that game?

You can start the game without duckduck (the facebook/scoreboard thing that pops up in your browser) and then once you're in-game, in the options, you can check off a box that will skip duckduck when you start the game up.

Tukker

How do you people do it? Now i somehow managed to get Stacking to download at 110 KB/s, but Costume Quest is downloading at a breathtaking speed of... 0!!! Seriously, if I close Stean and open it again, it will start at 9 KB/s, and after a couple minutes will stop downloading completely.

Did you try Russia? thats were I get my speed from

Bad7667

Quick question. If I buy a complete pack as a gift and keep it on my account to give it away later, are the games separate? Like could I keep one of the games for myself in the pack and give the rest to a friend?

Edit: Ok. Thanks.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Tomorrow sales better have more RPGs. I want more RPGs!

Like, where the heck is Vampire: Bloodlines? Or Alpha Protocol. Or the Drakensang games.

Actually, it's probably best I don't get everything I want. I also want to see some LucasArts stuff discounted across the board. Want to pick up some oldies like Jedi Knight and even the adventure games.

Too much...i better shut up.

Coldsnap

Assasins Creed Revelations is doing a great job of not letting me play. With the stupid U-play linking and now not recognizing my xbox 360 controller.

goldensun

If someone answers my question/knows the answer, I will be doing a quick giveaway for a free copy of Amnesia. So... answer it please! lol

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So this is unrelated to the sales but I bought the Humble Bundle way back when, and I had none of the games except Amnesia.

It gives you a key for Amnesia, Sword and Sworcery and Psychonauts, and I installed the last two but haven't installed the first since I had already bought it.

Does that mean if I give somebody the key, they'll be able to install Amnesia? Or is it just an unused copy that'll be forever bound to my account?

No, if you already used the key it is gone for good even if you already owned Amnesia. You don't get to give it away to someone else.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm using KB&M, but you configure most of the game settings outside of the game in the game config option when you double click to launch the game. Instead of launching the game, launch the config tool.

Indeed! The story on the surface seems like a B grade game story, but ... the attention to detail and mostly the well presented and WELL EDITED cut scenes really bring it home. It genuinely feels like a great sci fi adventure, with a rich storyline but campy one liner protagonists to give it some adoring appeal. I mean, its really done right.. so long as someone goes in with an open mind. I think the bad reviews on metacritic are not justified and people are directly comparing it to Gears when it shouldn't be.

This game is fresh.

Someone who worked on BD saw Armitage III fifteen years ago and decided to make a videogame interpretation; and then decided to do it without paying the licensing fee.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

No, the HIB Steam keys gave you LIMBO, Amnesia, Sword & Sworcery, and Psychonauts as part of one key. You can't separate any of those games from each other.

The Kid

For Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, are there any issues using a wireless Xbox 360 controller? I remember the first AC on PC wouldn't let you use a wireless controller and I'm getting mixed messages on the Internet.

epmode

Any of the Men of War games worth getting?
Yes. Maybe the first one or Red Tide.

You should know what you're getting into: The UI and controls aren't great and the voice acting is some of the worst I've ever heard.

But what the game does well, it absolutely nails. Most levels are wide open sandboxes. Every enemy troop on the field has an inventory (weapon + ammo), every vehicle can be commandeered, nearly every object is destructible (with appropriate firepower). It allows for some incredible freedom in playstyle.

haikira

Someone who worked on BD saw Armitage III fifteen years ago and decided to make a videogame interpretation; and then decided to do it without paying the licensing fee.

Fuck. First you say that. Then i find out Bryan Cranston done a voice in it. Interested.

How's the accessibility, for people not familiar with the series? Is it fairly standalone?

Fireblend

Banned
So I've been playing (really!) and Alan Wake sure is a pleasant surprise. I think I'm about halfway through the main campaign and it's been a hell of a game. Thanks to those who recommended it to me, and if it eventually shows up again as a daily then consider this my recommendation for everyone to purchase and play this game.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So I've been playing (really!) and Alan Wake sure is a pleasant surprise. I think I'm about halfway through the main campaign and it's been a hell of a game. Thanks to those who recommended it to me, and if it eventually shows up again as a daily then consider this my recommendation for everyone to purchase and play this game.

So disappointed I missed this.

LiK

Wait til you get to the DLC

Levyne

Banned
Well I've been actually playing games and not just following this thread and the sales. Beat Mirror's Edge already, haha

Fantastical

Death Prophet

Yep, Alan Wake is great. Glad you're enjoying it. :) I played through it about half a year ago and I rebought it and bought American Nightmare for the first time.

For Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, are there any issues using a wireless Xbox 360 controller? I remember the first AC on PC wouldn't let you use a wireless controller and I'm getting mixed messages on the Internet.
Just started the game yesterday, and I've been using a wireless 360 controller. Works perfectly. :)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Well I've been actually playing games and not just following this thread and the sales. Beat Mirror's Edge already, haha

You're doing it wrong. How will you ever achieve an insurmountable Steam backlog if you actually play the games you buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom