• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
JC2 will be a daily, just you wait. The MP mod is coming along nicely too so it will be a perfect time to hop in on a killer game for the price.

Levyne

Banned
How was it?

I liked it. Early on it seemed way linear when it was just "go the the red stuff and jump or climb" but latter it opened up a tad. Found myself skipping bars and pads and other stuff that highlighted red like you were supposed to use them but could find other ways across the rooms.

Megasoum

Banned
YESSS Thanks Hoss!

steamgiftxquma.png

Awww yeah... It's sitting right next to my "Season of Mystery: The cherry blossom murders" in the grid view lol

I wonder if there will be some kind of reward for finishing the badge?

They mentioned we should keep our eyes open and up to date with the collecting.

LiquidMetal14

The 12 dollars I had (since I gifted RAGE to LeadGandalf) had me at like critical levels of cash monies and reeling like this

colorswap7kut1.gif

Found out I didn't spend my allocation of monies this week and added another 10 my wallet to revitalize my Steam sale fires and am now back with a fury

colorswap1m0u0u.gif

Anybody who is looking for help buying anything from the US store either add me

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978617538

-or- PM Wiflare. He can help with most non-EA games

I'm online to help with USD prices

PM me
(1) Game
(2) Link to Game
(3) Your Steam Email

:D

I did forget one feature of Sanctum that I liked, and that is the text-to-speech feature. It's good for a couple of hours of hearing a pseudo - Stephen Hawking say "Ass to mouth".

My parents have a really good internet connection and download cap. I was wondering if there was an easy way to download the steam games i bought at their place onto an external hard drive, and copy it onto my pc at my place?

This is a stupid and maybe irrelevant question, but would Alan Wake run well on the following specs:

Intel Core i7-2630QM @ 2GHz
8GB Ram
Radeon HD 6770M 1GB

I have no idea when it comes to computer specs, as I have only now converted to PC gaming. Help is much appreciated. I just don't know what to be looking for in consideration to the graphics card for what will run and what won't. Games like Skyrim, Battlefield, etc, I would not expect to run.

Shoot Many Robots worth picking up? Or anyone wanna gift it ;D haha

My only complaint was lack of controller support. It was one of those weird deals where they were trying to appeal to "teh hardcorz" or some shit and they made the asinine decision to remove controller support and focus on KB&M, which isn't bad, but it just irked me that I couldn't comfy couch it. I actually got a refund on amazon caused it pissed me off so bad.

This is a stupid and maybe irrelevant question, but would Alan Wake run well on the following specs:

Intel Core i7-2630QM @ 2GHz
8GB Ram
Radeon HD 6770M 1GB

I have no idea when it comes to computer specs, as I have only now converted to PC gaming. Help is much appreciated. I just don't know what to be looking for in consideration to the graphics card for what will run and what won't. Games like Skyrim, Battlefield, etc, I would not expect to run.

You should be fine.

Catshade

My parents have a really good internet connection and download cap. I was wondering if there was an easy way to download the steam games i bought at their place onto an external hard drive, and copy it onto my pc at my place?

Yes.

• Download the games at their place
  • Copy the steamapps folder to your external hard drive
  • Paste the folder to your computer's Steam directory
  • Open Steam, install any game you've copied
  • Wait while Steam verify your local cache

BearPawB

Banned
I know its been on sale 30 times now.... But is the dungeon defenders DLC worth it?

i have owned the main game for awhile, but gave up early when i realized my single player progress didnt carry over to multi :(

I'm torn on whether Dungeon Defenders and Sanctum. Dungeon Defenders seems like I could almost have a lan party for 6 bucks between the pc and Ios version being cross compatible. Then again, that would never happen. But it is a neat thought.

An Sactum seemed OK according to the Quick Look, but it seems like it was not something most hear were hyped to see go on sale, even if that is because it is always on sale.

I didn't get the GTA package, but I did get Vice City (since I hear it's rife with '80s pop culture), and I'm wondering why I got two copies for the price of one?

Blu10

If someone who doesn't have torchlight wants to quote me, they can have the copy I got from preordering torchlight II. After having spent 80 hrs, 40 on xbox, 40 on steam, I can say it is well worth it. Name's Blu10 on Steam, or just shoot me your e-mail in a pm.

Katoki

Damn that's right. I still need to pre-order Torchlight II seeing as it's still to be released. This week is hurting a lot. I still need to pay off my Guild Wars 2 Collectors Edition.

Yes.

• Download the games at their place
  • Copy the steamapps folder to your external hard drive
  • Paste the folder to your computer's Steam directory
  • Open Steam, install any game you've copied
  • Wait while Steam verify your local cache

Thank you!! I cant believe that's all there is to it :) Much appreciated

LiquidMetal14

Damn that's right. I still need to pre-order Torchlight II seeing as it's still to be released. This week is hurting a lot. I still need to pay off my Guild Wars 2 Collectors Edition.

It's coming August no? I pre-ordered it the day it went up for pre-order and snagged the first game free.

If someone who doesn't have torchlight wants to quote me, they can have the copy I got from preordering torchlight II. After having spent 80 hrs, 40 on xbox, 40 on steam, I can say it is well worth it. Name's Blu10 on Steam, or just shoot me your e-mail in a pm.

Can I take it for my housemate please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom