• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCX

DCX
Why can't i run Crysis?!?! I can't even click on menu items because it's sooo of centered :/ I can't even start a game if i put the resolution to anything decent. help?

DCX

Unicorn

Oh man, Unreal Tournament pack.

Are those communities still active? I mostly want to try Unreal 3 and 2004.

What are the best?

WHAT THE FUCK. Sanctum deal? Really, guys? We could have had Krater. Krater. I hate you all.

I voted for Krater because it was the only one I didn't have yet. Oh well.

My rule of thumb for community votes is: vote for the one you want, if there isn't one you want vote for the one you don't have, if you have all of them vote for your favorite so other people can enjoy it.

Downloads speeds are abysmal, about 1/4th my PSN speeds.

Have you tried changing your server? There are quite a ton to choose from now.

I use US - Miami since I'm in Orlando (and I have to assume Miami comes under less load than the Atlanta server because of relative location). I get about 5 megabytes per second on downloads.

Card Boy

Banned
Why can't i run Crysis?!?! I can't even click on menu items because it's sooo of centered :/ I can't even start a game if i put the resolution to anything decent. help?

DCX

Do you have a 360 pad pluged in? I had the same issue till i disabled it through the menu. Is your monitor over-scanning?

Gez.
(are we signing our posts now?)

vid

I use US - Miami since I'm in Orlando (and I have to assume Miami comes under less load than the Atlanta server because of relative location). I get about 5 megabytes per second on downloads.

So YOU'RE the one that's been using up all of the bandwidth here!!

catabarez

DCX

Look for the exe file and go to the properties and check the box to disable high DPI. That works for me usually.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
UT3 has never been active. UT2k4 still has people, I think.

Hellbender Race, man. UT2k4 got me through some years.

That's what I thought. So in this case I like the SP in U2 and the MP in UT2K4. Maybe snap up both of them upon some thought and advice.

I have literally never played any of these games. worth grabbing one? If so, which?

I've only played 2004 and 3, and I didn't spend a whole lot of time with either. I seem to recall enjoying 2004 back in the day, but I can't tell you how it's aged or anything. 3 was okay (I played on PS3). Very fast paced and over the top, but nothing I really ever got into. I think it was fine for what it was though.

Skipping out myself. Got enough shit I'm interested in to play anyway.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about loading up on Dungeon Defenders DLC even though I haven't played the game in forever. It's just so much content for just $11.33 (already own a few of them).

Salsa

3kbTQ.png

one sitting

quite liked it. Mechanically it improves a lot on the original Alan Wake and that's about it, yet that alone makes the combat more enjoyable and varied. Other than that you just gotta take it as a more gamey side dish. Wasnt a fan of the conversation "system" but everything else was fine, appreciated the FMVs and Mr.Scratch was awesome.

Cool I'm maxing my connection, Chicago > Toronto.

I lost my progress though.

marrec

Banned
So its a fun game?? Ahh

I do not believe that Dungeon Defenders is a fun game. It's terribly slow and everything about the item and leveling and RPG system is a chore. It has the potential to be awesome, but they burdened it with their terrible systems and slow pace.

Card Boy

Banned
3kbTQ.png

one sitting

quite liked it. Mechanically it improves a lot on the original Alan Wake and that's about it, yet that alone makes the combat more enjoyable and varied. Other than that you just gotta take it as a more gamey side dish. Wasnt a fan of the conversation "system" but everything else was fine, appreciated the FMVs and Mr.Scratch was awesome.

My issues with it where

* Too much ammo
* Flashlight recharges too fast
* Reuses the same events 3 times
* Conversation system
* Enemies where easy compared to Alan Wakes normal mode

Otherwise excellent game for those wanting more Alan Wake.

Gez.

Retne

Someone buy UT2K4, load it up, and tell us what you can see in the server browser. I'm tempted but worried it will only have 2 servers with 10 people a piece.

neoism

My issues with it where

* Too much ammo
* Flashlight recharges too fast
* Reuses the same events 3 times
* Conversation system
* Enemies where easy compared to Alan Wakes normal mode

Otherwise excellent game for those wanting more Alan Wake.

Gez.

well it go for -75 again if so I'ma get it. i pasted on it the first time. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom