• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else that's viewing Steam via a Mac not able to view the "Store" tab?

I haven't been able to get it to load on my Mac since the sale started.

Salsa

My issues with it where

* Too much ammo
* Flashlight recharges too fast
* Reuses the same events 3 times
* Conversation system
* Enemies where easy compared to Alan Wakes normal mode

Otherwise excellent game for those wanting more Alan Wake.

Gez.

yeah wasnt too hot on revisiting the same places but they mix it up enough. I also found it a bit on the easy side so I might recommend going with the hardest difficulty first (should have done that).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I had UT2K4 in my cart ready to click checkout when I thought to myself about buying Oblivion GOTY. If it wins the vote, that 5 will be much better spent on that than 2K4. Even though I just added money, I will be spending 9 instead of 5 if I get both so I will have to use Steam abstinence on this one!

Card Boy

Banned

All 3 games dead in my country

kXlIQ.png

6w4WA.png

MvKc2.png

Gez.

Also what's up with people signing posts? I'm guessing I missed something while I was sleeping/working.

I don't know DCX was doing it.

Gez

Jimrpg

does anyone know with GTAIV complete edition whether you can download vanilla GTAIV and episodes seperately - its 32GB and I'd rather just download GTAIV as I'm on a SSD. its the same price so id rather get the complete edition

KingKong

I'm playing QUBE and it's pretty good. There's a lot of different puzzle mechanics so it doesn't get boring, although it does seem like they've taken the minimalist style and
second half broken down facility
from Portal.

fuck those magnet puzzles though

Salsa

I'd get 2K4 but I dont know if wanna fall into that loophole again. Some years were wasted on that, hah.

why are we posting signatures again?

DCX

An-Det

So far I've convinced two of my friends to buy Train Simulator and the Trains vs Zombies dlc. I'm half tempted to get it myself out of curiosity for that dlc.

haikira

does anyone know with GTAIV complete edition whether you can download vanilla GTAIV and episodes seperately - its 32GB and I'd rather just download GTAIV as I'm on a SSD. its the same price so id rather get the complete edition

Yup, both separate.

Looking at the Assassins Creed pack. $34.99 seems like a pretty good deal.

I've never played any of the games, but I don't want AC1 ($4.99) and I'm not sure if I want the 3 DLC packs ($1.35, $3.39, and $3.39)

Might just grab; AC2, AC:B, and AC:R for ~$25

Seems like the right call?

Anyone played that Jane's Advanced Strike Fighters game? Is that good? Also what's the best military flight sim on Steam?

If you're a bad enough dude, the most hardcore realistic one is without a doubt A-10C Warthog. It's pretty intense though. You need like a many hundred page pdf to just get off the ground.

If you're more into ww2, theres il 2 sturmovik. Wings of prey is good too.

Honestly I've heard bad things about JASF, but I don't know too much about it. Just that some were disappointed.

Salsa

I've never played any of the games, but I don't want AC1 ($4.99) and I'm not sure if I want the 3 DLC packs ($1.35, $3.39, and $3.39)

right call is just getting AC2. The games are long and you wont wanna jump into Brotherhood right away, let alone Revelations. If you do so, you'll be burnt into the whole experience really quick (happened to me).

By the time you'll wanna play Brotherhood it'll be cheaper in something like the winter sale. I'd say just get 2 and you'll be fine. It's also the best one in the series.

Levyne

Banned
right call is just getting AC2. The games are long and you wont wanna jump into Brotherhood right away, let alone Revelations. If you do so, you'll be burnt into the whole experience really quick (happened to me).

By the time you'll wanna play Brotherhood it'll be cheaper in something like the winter sale. I'd say just get 2 and you'll be fine. It's also the best one in the series.

Listen to this man. The AC games are very fun but the last thing you will want to do is play them consecutively. Get AC2 now and the rest if you end up liking it.

Edit: Ok, I see you have..well this post is now meaningless

This is correct. Even if you love 2, might be best to skip right to 3 after because you will not miss a whole heap.

ImRight

Yo dude Grab steam mover and just Move a few games to ur Storage drive..... if u want to put

http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover/

Bin using this since last night when My Ssd filled up lol.... I just put anything that Has to load frequently on the ssd....

Listen to this man. The AC games are very fun but the last thing you will want to do is play them consecutively. Get AC2 now and the rest if you end up liking it.

Edit: Ok, I see you have..well this post is now meaningless

It just makes me feel even that much better about my decision to follow what Salsa said :)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Coming from a pretty big fan. Unreal Deal just isn't worth it. 3 might as well be dead, 2k4 has a sliver of life, and classic is just that. Dedicated few remain, so good games are still be had. But its really not worth investing into. I'd rather just send you to Quake Live instead.

And then we have the two single player titles. Didn't think 2 was worth playing when it came out. Don't think so now. And I've never played 1. Heh.

Darktalon

OOF, I have spent $190 dollars this sale.

AND I still want to get Witcher 2, Deus Ex: Human Revo, Dragon Age Origins Ultimate, Hard Reset, and hopefully a cheaper Rayman Origins, but I doubt that last one.

Card Boy

Banned

Just bite the bullet and get the pack. AC1 is pretty good if you avoid doing the side missions.

ImRight

Man, I'm afraid to go to sleep. Don't wanna miss anything good. :( It's already 4.30am

Lol i havn't been to sleep For more than 5 hours since the sales started ahaha >.<
my sleep pattern is ALL kinds of fucked up, i Woke up at 5pm and its currently 11:30 am were i am lol.......

HockeyDud

Neo Member

Yes, just look up the story for one. Personally, I really liked one, but a lot found it repetitive and things like that. 35 bucks is a great deal for the whole package though.

bigace33

Man I've been searching for an online game that is as much fun as UT2K4 used to be. I would spend my entire weekends playing that game. lol Marioland maps and all kinds of crazy mods, and playing onslaught for hours. I miss that game. :*(

Ace

Thoraxes

My issues with it where

* Too much ammo
* Flashlight recharges too fast
* Reuses the same events 3 times
* Conversation system
* Enemies where easy compared to Alan Wakes normal mode

Otherwise excellent game for those wanting more Alan Wake.

Gez.

Yeah. I felt less afraid wandering the dark, and finding lights didn't really have the same impact it did for me in Alan Wake. He's able to run much longer now, and I never felt the need to manage what ammo I used when (in order to be able to properly survive).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom