• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyDud

Neo Member
Lol i havn't been to sleep For more than 5 hours since the sales started ahaha >.<
my sleep pattern is ALL kinds of fucked up, i Woke up at 5pm and its currently 11:30 am were i am lol.......

I woke up at 5,7,9,11 and 12:30 yesterday. I wonder if I'll wake up at all the even hours next lol.

ImRight

Looking at the Assassins Creed pack. $34.99 seems like a pretty good deal.

I've never played any of the games, but I don't want AC1 ($4.99) and I'm not sure if I want the 3 DLC packs ($1.35, $3.39, and $3.39)

Might just grab; AC2, AC:B, and AC:R for ~$25

Seems like the right call?

This is what i did........ Im pretty happy with the decision everyone seems to think AC 2 is Great and the next 2 r either the same/Better/ better in some aspects worse in other's
so no regrets here....

HockeyDud

Neo Member
Man I've been searching for an online game that is as much fun as UT2K4 used to be. I would spend my entire weekends playing that game. lol Marioland maps and all kinds of crazy mods, and playing onslaught for hours. I miss that game. :*(

Ace

I wonder how populated the Halo Custom Edition servers are these days. Those maps used to be a lot of fun.

Welp, no Krater, nobody needing help buying from US store, no sudden exciting additions to the sale. Looks like I'm going to have to play a game : (

No really. How good are Unreal and Unreal 2? Even compared to other PC singleplayer shooters of their time.

I really enjoyed 2, but to be honest it wasn't that good. Just had a couple of cool moments. More or less the same as 1, but it didn't hold up to the games at the time either.

No real need to spend money on them today if you don't have that heavy nostalgia.

Unicorn

Welp, no Krater, nobody needing help buying from US store, no sudden exciting additions to the sale. Looks like I'm going to have to play a game : (

I wish I had known about this game. I think I just threw my vote to one of the other two, based on the little header image.

Game looks sick and is added to my wishlist. Hopefully it'll come up as a flash or daily.

People, look at the KRATER videos.

I'm assuming it's still As good as the main one that was on super sale? Origin?
There is no "main" Ys.

Also:
jEtu99fHXs7sG.jpg

There's an appropriate image for this that I don't have access to. Maybe dragonlife or aeana or volcynika will stop by, haha
Haha.

bigace33

What is this Y's game everyone speaks of?

From the little I've played of Origins it's like a super actiony Zelda type game. I'm not really digging it, but I can see how it fills a j-pop void on PC. I like a lot more story to my games and the platforming is atrocious so far. Not a bad game by any stretch, just not to my liking so far. I'll make some more time for it one of these days to really dig into it.

What is the best, relaxing puzzle game currently on Steam?

I bought Puzzle Agent and its sequel and it's...relaxing, until certain surprises pop out of the screen and I lose my chill buzz. I have most of the Popcap parlor games (peggle and its ilk) by now and I'm a little bored of them. Last summer sale I picked up Faerie Solitaire and it scratched this itch hard but now I'm near 100% completion on that game and I want to transition to something just as calming.

I need something like tetris where I can just zone out and play for hours while I relax on my laptop. Options to control the tempo of gameplay would be optimal. The less adventurey it is (see Puzzle Agent) the better. I want pure puzzle play.

Oh, and since my laptop is pretty wimpy it'll need to be a game with low system requirements, not that I expect puzzle games to put a lot of strain on my system.

RedSwirl

Any more opinions on Unreal and Unreal 2? Are they as good as Quake and DOOM (which I bought previously on sales but still haven't played)?

Mrbob

Tom from Xseed has been posting on the Steam forums and said he doesn't believe Oath will have a daily deal with a lower price.

He also hinted there will be more Xseed games coming to steam in the future which rox.

haikira

OK. So these Ys games. I've been hearing about them for a while, but other that they're good ports from older games and that everyone says they're the shit, what's the deal? How would you sum them up, in just a few sentences.

What's the best one to start on?

Sorry if this comes off, as having you guys do the work for me. But i just trust the opinions around here. They've kept me right recently.

Dingotech

Why do you guys dislike Sanctum? I had no clue it got so much hate :p

I haven't read all the recent posts, but I'm not sure people are hating on Sanctum as such.

It's more the fact that it won the community vote when there was a game in Krater that hasn't ever been on sale previously.

Sanctum has been a daily sale deal multiple times and been in an indie bundle, if you wanted a copy you should have obtained it by now!

Random stupid Steam question while everybody is here:

Is there a way to add more categories besides "Favorites" to display your games in Grid-View?

The "All Games" menu only includes All Games, Recently Played, Installed Games and Favorites.

I'd like to have three Grid-View categories: Comfy Couch, Comfy Desk and Shit Pile.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
What were the flash deals today? Sorry if this has been asked and answered a billion times but I spent most of the day in the air.

OK. So these Ys games. I've been hearing about them for a while, but other that they're good ports from older games and that everyone says they're the shit, what's the deal? How would you sum them up, in just a few sentences.

What's the best one to start on?

Sorry if this comes off, as having you guys do the work for me. But i just trust the opinions around here. They've kept me right recently.

Okay, so it is a game that's pretty hard to describe.
It's a challenging action game, and it has RPG elements. It's quite simple - story and design both. What's good about it is just how rewarding it is when you overcome something. I've never felt this kind of satisfaction.

Now, Felghana is the game many and I are saying you should play first because it has more traditional RPG elements. It feels more familiar because it has a town and the story is actually quite good so far.

What is the best, relaxing puzzle game currently on Steam?

I bought Puzzle Agent and its sequel and it's...relaxing, until certain surprises pop out of the screen and I lose my chill buzz. I have most of the Popcap parlor games (peggle and its ilk) by now and I'm a little bored of them. Last summer sale I picked up Faerie Solitaire and it scratched this itch hard but now I'm near 100% completion on that game and I want to transition to something just as calming.

I need something like tetris where I can just zone out and play for hours while I relax on my laptop. Options to control the tempo of gameplay would be optimal. The less adventurey it is (see Puzzle Agent) the better. I want pure puzzle play.

Oh, and since my laptop is pretty wimpy it'll need to be a game with low system requirements, not that I expect puzzle games to put a lot of strain on my system.

Yeah puzzle agent isn't relaxing at all. I love it, but it's not for people who want to chill. Those red gnomes...

Zen bound 2 maybe for the relaxing puzzler?

Random stupid Steam question while everybody is here:

Is there a way to add more categories besides "Favorites" to display your games in Grid-View?

The "All Games" menu only includes All Games, Recently Played, Installed Games and Favorites.

I'd like to have three Grid-View categories: Comfy Couch, Comfy Desk and Shit Pile.

Great question -- in addition to this, is there a way to hide a game like you can in GOG's interface?

haikira

What were the flash deals today? Sorry if this has been asked and answered a billion times but I spent most of the day in the air.

There was a bundle with Double Fine games. That's all i can remember. Pretty sure someone will be able to hit you with a list.

EDIT: Oh and Shoot Many Robots too.

haikira

Okay, so it is a game that's pretty hard to describe.
It's a challenging action game, and it has RPG elements. It's quite simple - story and design both. What's good about it is just how rewarding it is when you overcome something. I've never felt this kind of satisfaction.

Now, Felghana is the game many and I are saying you should play first because it has more traditional RPG elements. It feels more familiar because it has a town and the story is actually quite good so far.

Thanks.

statham

anyone play Secret Files: Tunguska? its only 50% off, but looks like a fun ride. it looks like it was released on wii too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom