• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
There was a bundle with Double Fine games. That's all i can remember. Pretty sure someone will be able to hit you with a list.

EDIT: Oh and Shoot Many Robots too.

Haha yeah I was able to score Stacking minutes before I had to board my flight. Just wondered about the rest.

TheBear

Okay, so it is a game that's pretty hard to describe.
It's a challenging action game, and it has RPG elements. It's quite simple - story and design both. What's good about it is just how rewarding it is when you overcome something. I've never felt this kind of satisfaction.

Now, Felghana is the game many and I are saying you should play first because it has more traditional RPG elements. It feels more familiar because it has a town and the story is actually quite good so far.

Thank you kind sir, this game is now BOUGHT.

0OoO0

anyone play Secret Files: Tunguska? its only 50% off, but looks like a fun ride. it looks like it was released on wii too.

Hmmm didn't know Secret Files is on sale. Does anyone know where I can view all the games that are on sale? I have only been looking at the store main page...hate to have missed out on some cool games that were not shown on the sales page.

ImRight

Hmmm didn't know Secret Files is on sale. Does anyone know where I can view all the games that are on sale? I have only been looking at the store main page...hate to have missed out on some cool games that were not shown on the sales page.

As far as i know the only way is to go to each specific Genre, and select the "specials" tab there....

statham

theres a website I think steamgamesales on page 5, but you need to search, a ton of games have been on sale since this started.

Artofwar420

So Steam shows Mac versions buy just giving you another entry? I checked in grid view and it also does the same.

I might just put an apple logo over those to make it so they have a picture at least.

You know these flash sales can be much better for a game than a daily. Not that the dality isnt good, but being able to sell a game at a discounted price more than once can be a huge benefit. now you have a couple of days between when a lot of people bought the game and have played it and now the word of mouth has spread right before it pops up again.

the only flaw in this method is that nobody plays games during the steam sale. They just sit there checking the front page every once in awhile.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Buy Felghana. It's neato.

The real question is YISS or YEES.
Ys = Wise?
Ys = Eess.
Eese.

Three different times, spelled three different ways. Alright!

beads.gif

Aaron

the only flaw in this method is that nobody plays games during the steam sale. They just sit there checking the front page every once in awhile.
I've played every game I bought... okay, I'm lying. I've played at least half! Or maybe slightly less than half, and that's only if you don't count the DLC....

Salsa

You know these flash sales can be much better for a game than a daily. Not that the dality isnt good, but being able to sell a game at a discounted price more than once can be a huge benefit. now you have a couple of days between when a lot of people bought the game and have played it and now the word of mouth has spread right before it pops up again.

some of the flash deals are clearly not going to be dailies

Sorry if this has been asked but what Dungeon Defenders DLC is worth it? I'm thinking the New Heroes pack and the Eternia Shard quest, anything else?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Guys, I'm drunk as fuck. Anything worth buying right now, as long as my wallet is loose (and no, wallet is not slang for asshole?)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Sorry if this has been asked but what Dungeon Defenders DLC is worth it? I'm thinking the New Heroes pack and the Eternia Shard quest, anything else?

Really depends what you want. Some of the characters are a lot of fun and have some great variety, so they can be worth it if you plan to play as them. I am a big fan of the Summoner, for instance.

Really depends what you want. Some of the characters are a lot of fun and have some great variety, so they can be worth it if you plan to play as them. I am a big fan of the Summoner, for instance.

Yeah I'm definitely interested in more characters, and any DLC that would be important to have if you intended to play online. Like with SR3 there was something of a consensus regarding DLC so I'm just curious if that's the case here.

Edit: ^Killing Floor is great for co-op.

How does Ys actually look on PC? Did they make it pretty?

It looks a hell of a lot better than it does on the PSP. The games are still old-ish but the textures are sharp, especially with the AA and AF cranked, and Origin added a fair number of shader effects to the graphics engine.

It won't blow your mind but it looks solid, even today.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It looks a hell of a lot better than it does on the PSP. The games are still old-ish but the textures are sharp, especially with the AA and AF cranked, and Origin added a fair number of shader effects to the graphics engine.

It won't blow your mind but it looks solid, even today.

Yeah, the Ys games aren't technically advanced, by any stretch, but they look really good thanks to some solid art direction and the fact that they aren't plagued by shitty bloom effects.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ugh, downloaded GTA Vice City and trying to get my Dual Shock 3 controller to work. Seems like it won't recognize the triggers or right analog stick. Try searching around and seems like the best option is to use a PS2 controller. That sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom