• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ugh, downloaded GTA Vice City and trying to get my Dual Shock 3 controller to work. Seems like it won't recognize the triggers or right analog stick. Try searching around and seems like the best option is to use a PS2 controller. That sucks

Buy one of those cheap, knock-off wireless receivers and use an X360 controller.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yeah I'm definitely interested in more characters, and any DLC that would be important to have if you intended to play online. Like with SR3 there was something of a consensus regarding DLC so I'm just curious if that's the case here.

Edit: ^Killing Floor is great for co-op.

Well you got the Shards DLC, which is kind of the most important. The rest really comes from what you're interested in. There's some extra stages, costumes, and such. For the characters just decide which one sounds like your style as each of the characters bought through DLC has a lot of instances. As I said, I love the Summoner personally but this class plays VERY differently than any other class and is definitely not for everyone. He can't attack directly, but focuses on summoning monsters and using them in an RTS-esque way. There's another that switches fighting stances, and the robot is another one I recall.

I could name off ones I like, but I just recommend going through them and seeing what looks interesting to you. Some packs come with stages and costumes, as an FYI, and some characters come with some bonus stuff as well. And as always, you can get the complete Eternia pack which includes a lot of extra DLC as well.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ugh, downloaded GTA Vice City and trying to get my Dual Shock 3 controller to work. Seems like it won't recognize the triggers or right analog stick. Try searching around and seems like the best option is to use a PS2 controller. That sucks

You try installing Motionjoy? It works for EVERYTHING and I even use it with a bluetooth dongle. Wireless 360 emulation that fulfills all my needs. Of course, it works wired as well.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You try installing Motionjoy? It works for EVERYTHING and I even use it with a bluetooth dongle. Wireless 360 emulation that fulfills all my needs. Of course, it works wired as well.

Yes I have motioninjoy. Have you tried with GTA3 trilogy specifically? Rockstar never updated the shoddy gamepad support apparently

Back to the Future doneeeee!

Quota for finishing exactly one of the games I buy from each Steam sale, also done.

The rest are just there to boost my meager Steam-peen.

LiquidMetal14

Yes I have motioninjoy. Have you tried with GTA3 trilogy specifically? Rockstar never updated the shoddy gamepad support apparently

I have. You get shoddy support that is not hindered anymore than it already is by something like Motionjoy. Other than that, using Joy2key or some other binding app may be your answer but it's more work than it's worth just to work some games.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I have. You get shoddy support that is not hindered anymore than it already is by something like Motionjoy. Other than that, using Joy2key or some other binding app may be your answer but it's more work than it's worth just to work some games.

Joy2key won't recognize DS3 triggers or I have no idea how to bind the triggers to keys

Voidance

Is the Dungeon Defender DLC worth the $12.50? I like the game, but I'm not sure if the DLC adds anything substantial. Thoughts?

I tried Motioninjoy too but it doesn't work with my PS3 controller. Just says "Waiting for controller to be connected" forever and never detects it. Strangely, despite that it still enables all functionality of the controllers except the analog sticks, but it's still a deal breaker.

Using a Wii Classic Controller Pro now.

KuroNeeko

Oh man,

I bought Botanicula and sat down with it on my lunch break. I'm only about 30 minutes into it but I have the feeling that I've been playing it with a big-ass, Chesire Cat grin on my face the whole time.

I can tell the game is going to be something special. Cost about $6 or so, but you may owe it to yourself to check out the store page.

I tried Motioninjoy too but it doesn't work with my PS3 controller. Just says "Waiting for controller to be connected" forever and never detects it. Strangely, despite that it still enables all functionality of the controllers except the analog sticks, but it's still a deal breaker.

That is what mine does until I set it to x360 emulation.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Ran through the rest of Q.U.B.E. and enjoyed it well enough. Clean aesthetics, nice (if subtle) electronic soundtrack, and it scratched my Portal itch. I still think it was far too easy though for far too long though, and having the player solve shit in the dark was an absolutely terrible idea. Final couple sectors picked it up with some more challenging puzzles and interesting gimmicks, at least. Would be down for a sequel or some DLC that kept the difficulty up.

Worth the few hours it takes to complete, although not at full price.

XeroSauce

Oh man,

I bought Botanicula and sat down with it on my lunch break. I'm only about 30 minutes into it but I have the feeling that I've been playing it with a big-ass, Chesire Cat grin on my face the whole time.

I can tell the game is going to be something special. Cost about $6 or so, but you may owe it to yourself to check out the store page.

It was in the first or second Indie Bundle.

I got home too late to buy Binary Domain BAHHHHHH
My phone had died as well.

Smash88

Banned
What the fuck are my friends list people doing?

qTDeP.jpg

LiquidMetal14

When you plug the controller in, ignore everything and go to the driver section. You have to do this with any bluetooth adapter or dual shock 3 you want to work with Motionjoy. Only 1 time though. In driver manager you should see at least 1 USB device listed which should be your DS3. I have my BT so it shows that and my DS3. Click the check box and only hit LOAD DRIVER. Give it a minute as it looks like it freezes but its working. From there, close the app all the way, plug your DS3 in, then open DS3 Tool. You should see it connected via USB. Then click on the 360 pad selection bubble and hit enable. You now have a 360 pad. I can talk you through this via Steam if you want.

That is what mine does until I set it to x360 emulation.

This should be self explanatory but that's exactly what you have to do but first, load the drivers into the DS3 and/or your bluetooth dongle. It works.

MooMoo

Can someone give me a clean, legitimate comparison between Killing Floor and COD zombies? Or maybe just describe how Killing Floor works? Like all I ever hear is that it's wave based but what about the other mechanics?

Anyone else having trouble with games not displaying correctly? I've bought quite a few and what's happening is the game is displaying in a weird resolution that my TV cannot display. Any thoughts GAF?

Smash88

Banned
Can someone give me a clean, legitimate comparison between Killing Floor and COD zombies? Or maybe just describe how Killing Floor works? Like all I ever hear is that it's wave based but what about the other mechanics?

• Wave Based.

• Store to buy ammo/guns between Waves.

• Boss on the very last wave.

• Call of Duty type of Leveling Up Class Mechanic.

• The End.

Smash88

Banned
I like how you blacked out their usernames to protect their identities as train aficionados :p

:)

One of them is on Neogaf. Don't know who, because the name is not similar to it.

It's more that maybe they don't want the rest of the internet bugging them - or giving me out! :p

MooMoo

• Wave Based.

• Store to buy ammo/guns between Waves.

• Boss on the very last wave.

• Call of Duty type of Leveling Up Class Mechanic.

• The End.
Awesome. I have little doubt it'll show up as a daily so I'll definitely nab it then :3 Thanks. Are the waves customizable in any shape or form? Can you set how many waves for a given game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom