• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I want Company of Heroes and Rage, but, I've spent over $150.00 on this sale. MY buddy keeps telling me how great CoH is but, I'm not the biggest of RTS aficionado. I think I have more than enough to last me until X-Mas. I also have the new Hitman preordered as well.

Grizza

I was super pumped for Dear Esther, but after watching it for ten minutes, that has to be the the biggest waste of my money so far this sale. Blurgh.

Smash88

Banned
Awesome. I have little doubt it'll show up as a daily so I'll definitely nab it then :3 Thanks. Are the waves customizable in any shape or form? Can you set how many waves for a given game?

It was on as a daily deal. It might be on as a flash deal or community. Might as well wait until the last day just in case. If you want to save money.

Waves are not customizable. The amount of waves (if I recall correctly) increase by difficulty.

I dunno, I want Company of Heroes and Rage, but, I've spent over $150.00 on this sale. MY buddy keeps telling me how great CoH is but, I'm not the biggest of RTS aficionado. I think I have more than enough to last me until X-Mas. I also have the new Hitman preordered as well.

I don't know how much you want to trust me.

But I think Company of Heroes is one of the best RTS games ever made, equal to Starcraft 1 and C&C in scope.

Get the Gold Edition, as Tales of Valor is probably the worst of the bunch.

Really? I remember native 360 gamepad support, I'm almost 100% certain.

Reading online, sounds like wired ones work fine. Wireless are fucked. Same with part 1 apparently (I don't own it to confirm). It has all the buttons wrong with a wireless and I can't program the triggers. There is a fix I am about to test now.

Funny thing, I have a friend who just picked up the whole series since he's never played them. Wonder if he's playing with a controller and just doesn't realize the controlls aren't supposed to be this shitty.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Really? I remember native 360 gamepad support, I'm almost 100% certain.

I had to hack it in for AC1, well not hack but fix it.

There should be a similar fix if you search it on google. I know it's vague but I had nothing to go on either and there was a fix on the Steam forums for AC1.

I had to hack it in for AC1, well not hack but fix it.

There should be a similar fix if you search it on google. I know it's vague but I had nothing to go on either and there was a fix on the Steam forums for AC1.

Yeah. It's the same fix, works for both games. Don't worry about patching your games shitty developers, the fans will fix them for you. At least I can play it now. Awesome.

Katoki

It will most likely win, as there are a lot of people who came in when Skyrim released. So they want to play the game prior.

And Steam users are semi-casual.

I actually like Oblivion more, minus the damn gates. Too bad the graphics aren't as nice but that's what mods are for I guess.

However, Oblivion winning would be a bigger hit to my wallet since I never did get to do the Mehrune's Razor bit on the PS3 version of GotY and all that so I'd want to pick up that deluxe version.

Ultimadrago

What the fuck are my friends list people doing?

qTDeP.jpg

Gotta catch 'em all!

Oh man,

I bought Botanicula and sat down with it on my lunch break. I'm only about 30 minutes into it but I have the feeling that I've been playing it with a big-ass, Chesire Cat grin on my face the whole time.

I can tell the game is going to be something special. Cost about $6 or so, but you may owe it to yourself to check out the store page.

Steam sales are great and all, but buying indie games on Steam tend to kill the excitement of Humble Bundles for me. Speaking of which, Botanicula had a debut Humble Bundle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Reading online, sounds like wired ones work fine. Wireless are fucked. Same with part 1 apparently (I don't own it to confirm). It has all the buttons wrong with a wireless and I can't program the triggers. There is a fix I am about to test now.

Funny thing, I have a friend who just picked up the whole series since he's never played them. Wonder if he's playing with a controller and just doesn't realize the controlls aren't supposed to be this shitty.

The original works fine with my wireless X360 controller, though the default controls were incorrectly defined so I had to rebind them to match the in-game "diamond".

oipic

Let me down gently, GAF - if I've thus far clumsily missed out on picking up Deus Ex: HR, am I likely to have missed it altogether for this sale?

Has it already been a daily and flash sale, as well as having lost a community vote?

MooMoo

It was on as a daily deal. It might be on as a flash deal or community. Might as well wait until the last day just in case. If you want to save money.

Waves are not customizable. The amount of waves (if I recall correctly) increase by difficulty.
Really? Could have sworn that it popped up as a flash deal and not as a daily deal. Rats =/

Fake edit: yup, totally hasn't popped up as a daily yet :p *crosses fingers*

Let me down gently, GAF - if I've thus far clumsily missed out on picking up Deus Ex: HR, am I likely to have missed it altogether for this sale?

Has it already been a daily and flash sale, as well as having lost a community vote?

I saw it on sale maybe Saturday but I'm banking on it appearing again myself. That'll be my closer of this sale. :lol :p

Real bumer when the DLC isn't on sale with the game itself.

Steam is literally the only platform I ever buy DLC on, just because for like 30c to a dollar for a DLC pack, I'll buy about 10. But for one big $10 pack, it just seems like too much (unless its an expansion of course)

Just my thoughts.

Also pissed the Stronghold collection didn't go on sale, just the third game. What a letdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom