• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
There really should be laws about keeping servers up for a few years if they advertise online play. It's not fair EA! Don't think we can find levels anywhere unless they're stored in save files and uploaded somewhere. At least I have a good ten levels.

God dammit. The files definitely have to be stored on your SD card, so SOMEONE out there has a backup. I think I'll make a thread on GAF tomorrow when more people are online. Hopefully we can get someone to host some levels somewhere.

Such a bummer that you can't access the community anymore. EA sucks so hard.

ImRight

Option D. You know you want to. HAHAHAHAHA

:D lol, But on a serious not i kinda do want Some advice would it be stupid to buy 1 or is there a chance i may not like it compared to the diablos?

like is the loot really Varied and interesting with like Legendries or Rares ect? is the combat Fluid and alive/active and so on and so forth..... Mayb i should just you tube this shit.. bu im just super Tired and in a bit of a daze....

MasLegio

Banned
did they increase the price of bioshock before the sale?

because 20€ for such an old game seems very expensive and I think it was cheaper before

Smash88

Banned
:D lol, But on a serious not i kinda do want Some advice would it be stupid to buy 1 or is there a chance i may not like it compared to the diablos?

like is the loot really Varied and interesting with like Legendries or Rares ect? is the combat Fluid and alive/active and so on and so forth..... Mayb i should just you tube this shit.. bu im just super Tired and in a bit of a daze....

I already posted my opinion on the last page.

Anyways it's 4am I'm out GAF. Good luck with whatever your choices are in the next 10 hours.

EDIT: Oh and if Hot Pursuit doesn't win. I will be very mad, you have been warned.

ImRight

Get the Gold Edition. Tales of Valor is good, but not as the first two. Save Money, it holds up and is an amazing RTS. It rivals C&C and Starcraft easily.

B. Get Torchlight 1 to tide you over. Torchlight 2 is unique to Diablo in terms of mechanics. Other than the obvious looting. If you like Diablo, you'll most definitely like Torchlight.

AAANNNNDDDDD THE ANSWER IS....................!!!*B*!!! DING DING DING!!!! WEEE HAVE A WINNER!!! :D

But seriously thanks dude thats wat i was thinking just wanted to confirm it

Just Spent like $50 more than i should have already :-/

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I already posted my opinion on the last page.

Anyways it's 4am I'm out GAF. Good luck with whatever your choices are in the next 10 hours.

EDIT: Oh and if Hot Pursuit doesn't win. I will be very mad, you have been warned.

I really should get to bed, but I can't stop playing this stupid Train Sim. Also, I really want a grilled cheese. =/

Katoki

AAANNNNDDDDD THE ANSWER IS....................!!!*B*!!! DING DING DING!!!! WEEE HAVE A WINNER!!! :D

But seriously thanks dude thats wat i was thinking just wanted to confirm it

Just Spent like $50 more than i should have already :-/

Oh just for the record, Torchlight's loot is a clusterfuck. It's like D3's loot now except amplified and you'll never ever finish a set... EVER, at least as far as I can tell. They said they've addressed this for TL2 though.

But you do get the satisfaction of always getting something better even though it has all sorts of stats on it.

wilflare

Unreal or not to unreal.

still remember this convo with my friend (when I was still a teen)
friend: "if you don't play this, what games do you play man!"
le me: "i play REAL games. like UNREAL Tournament!" -i said with gusto-
friend: "........ BWAHAHAHAHA"

and they stick joke about it.

sazzy

I only have Torchlight from that vote. But I still voted for it, so more people buy it, so more people get Torchlight 2.

Runic deserves it.

Well this was a great steam summer sale for me. I put $100 into my steam wallet and I got $4.68 left. Here's what I have to show for it:

Alice Madness Return
Alpha Prime(random money on my brother's prepaid credit card)
The Binding of Issac
Bioshock
Breath of Death VII
Cthulhu Saves the World
Darksiders
Dead Island
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Europa univarsalis III Complete(From Amazon Gamer Tony)
F.E.A.R Complete
Half Life Complete
Just Cause 2
Mount & Blade warband(Amazon Gamer Tony)
Portal 2
Prince of Persia (2008)
Super Meat Boy
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Underworld
The Witcher -Enhanced Edition-
Ys. Origin
Ys The Oath of Felghana

Now to play these games...

To throw a spanner into the works, I'd recommend Endless Space, although it's a turn-based 4x space strategy game whereas GalCivII and Sins are both RTS (I believe). Although it's not currently on sale, it's definitely a game to keep an eye out for. I don't have much experience with the 4x genre but I did pick up the beta version of Endless Space and sunk almost 40 hours into it. It's 30$, and well worth that price, but should it go on sale it's something I'd whole heartedly recommend.

So in terms of 4x games, I'm thinking Endless space, GalCivII or sins rebellion as far as steam goes.

Which is the most accessible in that, "eases you into it but then opens up to incredible depth" kind of way?

Dacvak

Well this was a great steam summer sale for me. I put $100 into my steam wallet and I got $4.68 left. Here's what I have to show for it:

Alice Madness Return
Alpha Prime(random money on my brother's prepaid credit card)
The Binding of Issac
Bioshock
Breath of Death VII
Cthulhu Saves the World
Darksiders
Dead Island
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Europa univarsalis III Complete(From Amazon Gamer Tony)
F.E.A.R Complete
Half Life Complete
Just Cause 2
Mount & Blade warband(Amazon Gamer Tony)
Portal 2
Prince of Persia (2008)
Super Meat Boy
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Underworld
The Witcher -Enhanced Edition-
Ys. Origin
Ys The Oath of Felghana

Now to play these games...
Lol, you act like it's over.

ImRight

Hey Anyone wanna Get a Torchlight II Four Pack going?? Im happy to host except im in Australia so dunno if it cost less in the US

A 4 Pack for T2 here is $59.99 USD... So like 15 USD each... which sounds pretty damn good to me.....

Ledsen

I will take this op to recommend Anomaly: Warzone Earth to everyone. It's a reverse td game, so you control a convoy of troops trying to navigate a maze of towers. You'll buy new units and upgrade the ones you have while choosing your path. Along the way stuff will happen, like new enemies popping up or environments changing. The backdrop is that you're military trying to discover the truth behind an alien invasion. The presentation is top notch, cheesy dialogue and voices aside, and there are constant story bits throughout the missions. It's also extremely fun even if you hate td. It really feels more like an action strategy game, and you'll have tons of fun trying to get through the levels losing as few troops as possible. At that price, it's a no-brainer for everyone!

Katoki

Hey Anyone wanna Get a Torchlight II Four Pack going?? Im happy to host except im in Australia so dunno if it cost less in the US

A 4 Pack for T2 here is $59.99 USD... So like 15 USD each... which sounds pretty damn good to me.....

Costs same here. I'm interested although I don't have a paypal account set up. All I can do is gift something back of equal value. :/

ImRight

Costs same here. I'm interested although I don't have a paypal account set up. All I can do is gift something back of equal value. :/

Hmm while im not object to that idea, there really not much i want atm..... but i guess i could go ahead n purchase the 4 pack... and then we can hope soemthing comes up that i want ...lol just feels like im negating the benefit of the Discount on the 4 pack already commiting to another $15 even tho theres like a 80% chance ill spend that

hmm Is it just me or did the Gaf just Crash for a couple minutes 500 Internal server error?

Katoki

Hmm while im not object to that idea, there really not much i want atm..... but i guess i could go ahead n purchase the 4 pack... and then we can hope soemthing comes up that i want ...lol just feels like im negating the benefit of the Discount on the 4 pack already commiting to another $15 even tho theres like a 80% chance ill spend that

I'll go pester a friend if anything. I know people with paypal accounts set up. I try to avoid setting one up because it makes it even more easy for me to spend more money.

feel

Lol, you act like it's over.
iAwVQGq5z6qgE.jpg

ImRight

I'll go pester a friend if anything. I know people with paypal accounts set up. I try to avoid setting one up because it makes it even more easy for me to spend more money.

Alright cool, Let me know if u manage to get it sorted cause im SO down for T2 Four Pack

Anyone Else?

- Grapple Car going full speed.
- Grapple Car to road.
- Observe.

THIS GAME!

Grab a 747, or really any plane, but use a 747 if you want to make it classy. Fly to the Lost inspired island in the top left corner of the map. The one shaped like a $.

ImRight

Buy Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition------------------------------<
SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends 24 July
-33%
$34.99
$23.44 USD--------------------------------<?
ADD TO CART

Buy Driver San Francisco----------------------------------<?
SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends 24 July
-33%
$49.95
$33.46 USD-------------------------------------------------------<?
ADD TO CART
Packages that include this game

Any reason the Delux editon is like........ $10 Cheaper?

ImRight

Sorry to Keep Posting But Anyone Down For a Torchlight 2 Four pack?

REALLY WANT THIS GAME!, Happy to host, or not,..... either way.....

Edit: Also i really need some sleep im going on 24 hours now and need to be Up for the new dailes when they arrive :( But...... Must..... Save,.... Mon...ee On.... four..... PACK!!

Katoki

Edit: Also i really need some sleep im going on 24 hours now and need to be Up for the new dailes when they arrive :( But...... Must..... Save,.... Mon...ee On.... four..... PACK!!

I set up an account, PM me later if anything. They made it so much easier to set one up than back then. Oh god my money.

I might be interested. I'm just waiting on my house mate to try the first one, to see if he's interested too. Not definite, but possibly the two of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom