• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2012 Thread 2: No One I Know Voted for Nixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImRight

I set up an account, PM me later if anything. They made it so much easier to set one up than back then. Oh god my money.

Whhhaatt Dont u have to like verify ur bank with a deposit they make and u tell them what it was?? i went through hell Doing that shit lol

But i aint gonna complain...... I guess we just need To find 2 more people, But i guess its probably a safe buy lots of ppl wilkl probably snap em up at $15 if i make a thread about it......

Alright 2 more people for a Torchlight four pack Yay / Nay?

ImRight

I might be interested. I'm just waiting on my house mate to try the first one, to see if he's interested too. Not definite, but possibly the two of us.

Ohhh Sweet Dude...... well Ima just about go ahead n get one anyway, you a definate or your Buy relies on ur house mate aswell??

Dont mean to sound pushy so sry if i do.....

Salsa

JETdH.jpg

now what

Katoki

Whhhaatt Dont u have to like verify ur bank with a deposit they make and u tell them what it was?? i went through hell Doing that shit lol

But i aint gonna complain...... I guess we just need To find 2 more people, But i guess its probably a safe buy lots of ppl wilkl probably snap em up at $15 if i make a thread about it......

Alright 2 more people for a Torchlight four pack Yay / Nay?

Unverified has a $500 per month limit. I remember those bank account linking days.

That and verified creates trust between users or people doing business or whatever you want to call it.

I will take this op to recommend Anomaly: Warzone Earth to everyone. It's a reverse td game, so you control a convoy of troops trying to navigate a maze of towers. You'll buy new units and upgrade the ones you have while choosing your path. Along the way stuff will happen, like new enemies popping up or environments changing. The backdrop is that you're military trying to discover the truth behind an alien invasion. The presentation is top notch, cheesy dialogue and voices aside, and there are constant story bits throughout the missions. It's also extremely fun even if you hate td. It really feels more like an action strategy game, and you'll have tons of fun trying to get through the levels losing as few troops as possible. At that price, it's a no-brainer for everyone!

Agreed. Such a great game. Ledsen if it weren't for your FC2 obsession you've got some good recommendations. CoH is also a rock solid choice.

Amagon

Just beaten Max Payne 3 and man, this is the best game I've played in ages. The story, location, characters, music, gameplay, graphics, presentation. I'm in love! It's worth full price in my book and easily my Game of the Year as of right now.

Bricky

Is the Just Cause 2 DLC worth it?

Most of it is good fun, but not really necessary. It's really cheap though, so DO get:

Black Market Boom Pack - The Air Propulsion Gun is one of the best guns in the game. Fus Roh Dah your way out of everything Skyrim-style.
Moster Truck - Because it's a freaking Monster Truck. No more traffic jams, just drive over everyone!

MAYBE get:
Black Market Arial Pack - The Dual Parachute Thrusters are really handy and a great update to the parachute. F-33 DragonFly Jet Fighter is one of the best jets in the game, but not really needed and not fun enough per se to justify the price of this pack.
Agency Hovercraft - Fun, but I didn't find myself using it a lot.

Do NOT get:
Everything else.

It seems the Tuk Tuk Boom Boom DLC has disappeared from the store-page, at least here in Europe. A shame, because it's the best DLC of all of them. It's small and not very fast, but fun to drive and it's cannon is amazing. Get it if you can find it!

Just beaten Max Payne 3 and man, this is the best game I've played in ages. The story, location, characters, music, gameplay, graphics, presentation. I'm in love! It's worth full price in my book and easily my Game of the Year as of right now.

You forgot the soundtrack

Great game, really want to get into it again. Think I might let it simmer for a while though

I guess your entitled to you're opinion....

He did go out of his way to say my a couple times

Unless he's lying to himself of course

hylje

My machine seems to hate Double Fine games. Keeps freezing and validation tells me there is no problem. Now I have to harass support people. Thankfully I have loads of games in my backlog ...*starts TF2*

O.DOGG

Yup. I beat it 5 times without getting tired of it. I loved every minute. Definitely game of the year.

Danj

I will take this op to recommend Anomaly: Warzone Earth to everyone. It's a reverse td game, so you control a convoy of troops trying to navigate a maze of towers. You'll buy new units and upgrade the ones you have while choosing your path. Along the way stuff will happen, like new enemies popping up or environments changing. The backdrop is that you're military trying to discover the truth behind an alien invasion. The presentation is top notch, cheesy dialogue and voices aside, and there are constant story bits throughout the missions. It's also extremely fun even if you hate td. It really feels more like an action strategy game, and you'll have tons of fun trying to get through the levels losing as few troops as possible. At that price, it's a no-brainer for everyone!

Cool, I was looking for a recommendation on this, and it's cheap so I'll buy it!

yogloo

My new PC is here!! Muahahahahahahahahahaha
This will be quite an upgrade for me since I was previously playing games on my netbook hooked up to my TV.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So which one of you buttholes voted for Torchlight in the last poll. You could have gotten it for free with Torchlight 2, which by the way is a much better game.

Moving on... Anyone know if he Ys games might get another flash deal or possibly a daily deal? Ys Oath is only 5 bucks which is fine, but I would like for Origin to drop a little lower (11 bucks).

Lastly, anyone have any input on EYE Divine Cybermancy? It's on sale for 4 bucks and I'm a fan of cyberpunk games. Does it have a storyline or anything or is it just "go here shoot this?"

Raknar

Neo Member
This will be quite an upgrade for me since I was previously playing games on my netbook hooked up to my TV.

Enjoy :) Now you'll actually be able to play your games the way they were meant to be.

Bradach

I love getting new hardward. I systematically try every game i own to see how much better it looks and runs! hours of fun in the settings menus :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom