• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

I'd be careful with Dark Souls on PC.

I got it recently and had a hell of a time getting GFWL to work. It wouldn't accept my key, it wouldn't update the game and it kicks me offline all the time.

If you want to risk it go ahead but be prepared to wait until GFWL is patched out.

Have you tried removing dsfix and updating GFWL? or go to Xbox.com and sign in there, make sure there's nothing you have to agree to.

Speevy

Banned
I played it for a bit and I thought it was fun but I couldn't explain it really well. It's just an arena game in which you try to complete the goal in as little time as possible to unlock abilities and stuff, at least that's what I remember about the game.

Yeah, I tried it but the overhead combat really threw me. Thanks for the explanation.

maneil99

Some of the comments are just sad. Taking it so seriously.

The whole everyone takes turns thing is bullshit though.

Way to ruin the fun of the competition.

Yes I did. I bought it this morning and haven't touched it yet. I consider it a loss.

You can't be serious.
I buy a boat for $20,000
It goes on sale a day later for $17,000
Please point to which point I lost MORE money from the sale? Nowhere, you didn't lose shit

Soroc

Especially with anti-reddit communities like /v/ around. There's no way it would work so well without any competition.

Sure it can. Just the fact that if Reddit can influence the beginning of the day and create a wide margin early, people that aren't even aware of the Reddit community but still buy tokens to jump ship to the winning teams will just keep maximizing the leads.

TsuXna

This seems nuts to me after their previous comments on Mac as a platform.

mm, there are actually big titles available for mac and they run smootly. Slowly but correctly games moving towards Mac too. Bishock inf. was the great one to play and they ported it really quicky.

Chariot

This is reddit right now

mou.gif
No, this is reddit:

jgZPEPYo3ayUg.jpg

Buying Wolfenstein, Titanfall and Watch_Dogs for full price earlier this year has left my spending habits ... muted.

I've only spent $3 or so of Steam money on some Sleeping Dogs DLC.

stuff

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-3A5294B736F686AA - Taken by outunderthestars
RACE: The WTCC Game Plus Caterham Expansion -- MB-E72090C96D5C746C - Taken by adriano999
Dead Bits -- MB-B757152E3569D927 - Taken by harrypmgaga

Just Because, good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Forced -- MB-6815C11D968754F8 - Taken by PriitV. 22 entrants total.

t1403546920z1.png

whatever I guess every other team is just tied for fun then.

You really think that if Valve actively fixed this they would do it in a way that is so fucking obvious? Why wouldn't the other teams be tied? It's a lot of people spread over 4 teams that randomly gain points. The people that have any pull are mostly following the plan, so the rest averages out.

Erekiddo

My friends steam level was 10 before the sale and it's at 6 today, stopping him from redeeming new card drops.

Is there any reason behind this?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Dr. Robotnik said:
You know nothing, fool! It's Chaos!

Just you wait until 25th June.

I'm not interested in any of the flash/daily/community deals, but the Lego games are all on sale for $5 (except Lego Movie since it's the newest of them all).

Buy any of the Lego games! The Lego games are amazing. I had a ton of fun with the Lego Star Wars games, and Lego Marvel. I'm personally thinking about buying Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4, or Lego Lord of the Rings. Not sure which one yet, so I'm gonna look up some reviews. Lego Marvel is a must though for everybody.

LEGO Harry Potter holds the distinction of being less action and more LEGO puzzle solving, as in figuring out what to affect with magic and putting it together to proceed forward.

LEGO Lord of the Rings has a very good world to explore if you really do enjoy that movie franchise's version of the world and the characters that inhabit it, while combat it's more of the same as what you went htrough with the other LEGO games.

Is Marlow Biggs legit good?

I'm legit shook anyone would ask this after how many times it's been asked in the SteamGAF threads. Aye, it's a good game. With faults, with moments where you can clear the development team lacked time and/or experience to fully finish and realise, but as third person action games go I enjoyed it as much as any God of War or the like, and it's far more credible than X-Blades or Garshap.

If it's cheap and you enjoy these types of titles, get it and have fun.

I bought the Can't Stop Laughing Bundle, I just realized that I own them both on 360...

Well, more people are active and sharing with Battlebox at least. So you have more co-op partners or stages to try out at least.

Eusis

Today is the day that all of you realize that it's not predetermined as blue fails to win.
This post is hilarious to see after the already massive lead Blue has.

Trying to figure out which of the two to vote for now.
You relly think that if Valve actively fixed this they would do it in a way that is so fucking obvious?
If it was on short noticed after seeing how Purple was nearly going to just keep winning? Possibly. It could well have been down to Purple and Red, but that wasn't working like they wanted and they cooked up a half baked solution.

Shengar

With Awesomenauts, Metal Slug 3, and the Can't Stop Laughing Pack, I think that's enough for local coop game for now.
Might spent $20 I have left on Gaf's classics.

Enco

You can't be serious.
I buy a boat for $20,000
It goes on sale a day later for $17,000
Please oint o which point I lost MORE money from the sale? Nowhere, you didn't lose shit
Fair enough. I do see your point.

I'm not too mad but you have to admit it's a bit annoying. If I had bought it yesterday or a few days ago it would be fine with me. A few hours kinda sucks though.

I'll live though.

P.s. It should be more like: You buy a boat on sale. A few hours later the seller cuts the price and throws in another smaller boat for free. Tell me you wont be upset.

edit: prices have been fixed (save for bundle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom