• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

valouris

I never expect more from Valve to be honest.

Users don't care though. It gives them something to do and everyone just praises Lord Gaben and his kind heart.

It just gives people a weird incentive to actually spend their money and act on the deals. When the prices are this low you don't need much more than that. Still kinda evil imho

BruteUA

This is an even crazier conspiracy theory. It's is approaching time cube levels of lunacy.

You asked, I answered the question. I've been in absolute awe of the powers of reddit and twitter users ever since they captured Kony two years ago using only a bunch of spam postings.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Just logged into Steam from work to buy the Laffin' Bundle.

Don't have much money this week, but I had 3.50 in Steam wallet.

Buy the bundle and vote in the latest flash sale thingy.

Get a foil and sell it for 2 bucks.

Total spent for Castle Crashers and Battleblock Theater: 50 cents.

THANKS STEAM

Uzzy

Man, 66% off ARMA III would have had me buying it instantly, but 50% off is making me hold. Someone convince me.

Helmholtz

It just gives people a weird incentive to actually spend their money and act on the deals. When the prices are this low you don't need much more than that. Still kinda evil imho
I feel 30 people is a laughably low number considering how many people are participating in this sale. Especially if it's only 3 games a person.
I'm concerned it isn't going to go lower. Don't games in a series almost always go on daily deal together?

I'm still waiting/hoping, but I'm not confident it will go lower this sale.
They usually do, yes. I kinda doubt it'll go lower. However.. they may have separated the two games since they are both very popular right now. In which case it's probably worth it to just wait and see. Can't see DS2 going any lower than 25-30 though.

You really think that if Valve actively fixed this they would do it in a way that is so fucking obvious? Why wouldn't the other teams be tied? It's a lot of people spread over 4 teams that randomly gain points. The people that have any pull are mostly following the plan, so the rest averages out.

Valve has gotten busted fixing things before like with the golden wrenches they gave out in Team Fortress 2 a few years ago.

It's just really weird to see a team at 1 million points while all the others are at like 300000.

DogMeat77

Free is free. Have fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for PossumMeat:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842420.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

War of Vikings Yogscast Helmet -- MB-D4AE8056DAD7B6CA - Taken by celsowmbr. 2 entrants total.
They Breathe -- MB-F364BB974190B257 - Taken by rpmboy. 7 entrants total.
Awesomenauts Honeydew Skin of Sklldir -- MB-FBA73B973ED68EB2 - Taken by hannuraina. 5 entrants total.

t1403547320z1.png

I'm wavering on Kingdoms of Amalur and even though it's there for another 24 hours I'm gonna end up forgetting or something so I'm just gonna call it a lost cause and call it a loss here and now. :(

Enco

Yeah, it just seems like it's been getting more and more insidious each year.
Sad but true.

It's a pretty silly incentive.

Users get pretty much nothing in return.

Buying games for the games is great. Paying money to make 'your team' win is a load of nonsense.

P.s. Is Battleblocks 4 players ONLINE? or no?

valouris

I feel 30 people is a laughably low number considering how many people are participating in this sale. Especially if it's only 3 games a person.

They usually do, yes. I kinda doubt it'll go lower. However.. they may have separated the two games since they are both very popular right now. In which case it's probably worth it to just wait and see. Can't see DS2 going any lower than 25-30 though.

Completely agree. Even though the winners are pooled from anyone that actually contributed points during that day, not every single member from the team. Still must be a huge number of players.

Vibranium

Banned
Yeah, it just seems like it's been getting more and more insidious each year.

Not surprising. I would expect this to continue as it is profitable.

If GOG can step up their game with Galaxy, and put together a good infrastructure (achievements, etc) with an expanding library, I will probably start moving some games their way.

Do you believe Dark Souls 2 will get a better deal? I would like it to be at least 50% off, instead of the current 33%. But to see just the DK1 being featured, kind of worries me about it...

SephiZack

Sad but true.

It's a pretty silly incentive.

Users get pretty much nothing in return.

Buying games for the games is great. Paying money to make 'your team' win is a load of nonsense.

P.s. Is Battleblocks 4 players ONLINE? or no?

Story mode is 2-players, Arena is 4

Kadin

I have to say, this whole team thing is working out great for me since I'm selling all my cards like it's nobody's business. Every card I put up is sold within just a minute or two. $16 and counting so far... along with the Mars Money contest, it's been a great Summer Sale!

AlexBasch

So with this, I already triple dipped on Borderlands 2 before, but I haven't been able to play it past ten hours or so because co-op with randoms suck.

Not sure why I bought it.

aka_bueno

I've been really busy and/or outta town for like a week now, did the Batman games go on sale?

Just picked up Tomb Raider GotY Edition for $6.50. Puttin' those XB1 gamepad PC drivers to work!

I have to say, this whole team thing is working out great for me since I'm selling all my cards like it's nobody's business. Every card I put up is sold within just a minute or two. $16 and counting so far... along with the Mars Money contest, it's been a great Summer Sale!

So as someone who has always more observed that cards than got into the market, what's the go? Do you sell them as you get them? Or is there a strategy to "playing the markets"?

Mono

Ditto that! I'm kind of surprised people care so much about the teams and crafting, but good on Valve either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom