• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This doesn't make any sense to me. "Cuz you got funds from a new card, you can't sell your trading cards or anything on the market!"

One doesn't seem at all connected to the other.

They're trying to cut down on the amount of fraud that took place when this restriction wasn't there. People would steal credit card info, buy Steam wallet, use Steam wallet to buy TF2 keys, trade TF2 keys for games. Basically, Steam money laundering.

Zapages

I wish Watch Dogs, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Don Bradman Cricket 2014 would go on sale... *sigh* The sale so far has the same stuff from last year with sprinkled new stuff.

I'd be careful with Dark Souls on PC.

I got it recently and had a hell of a time getting GFWL to work. It wouldn't accept my key, it wouldn't update the game and it kicks me offline all the time.

If you want to risk it go ahead but be prepared to wait until GFWL is patched out.

KarmaCow

That's what makes me think this whole thing is rigged.

No way most of the teams would just let something like this happen so easy. Teams have been winning by 500000 points with every other team being tied.

It's a snowball effect of seeing the other team is way ahead and the people on the winning team crafting at least one badge to eligible for the giveaway and extra summer card. The kind of crazies that will burn hundreds to boost some number also know when the battle is lost.

They're trying to cut down on the amount of fraud that took place when this restriction wasn't there. People would steal credit card info, buy Steam wallet, use Steam wallet to buy TF2 keys, trade TF2 keys for games. Basically, Steam money laundering.

Sure but it seems like it also penalises innocent players as well. I get why they do it, doesn't mean it's fucking stupid. Same happens if you change your email (which I found out the hard way).

see5harp

How is RoR as a single-player?

RoR is an amazing single player game. It has one of the most ghetto solutions to co-op ever though. No invites, no server browser. It's like we're trying to set-up a game of Duke 3d only more complicated because I can't just dial your phone number.

Aaaaaah, of course. Why not exclusively restrict purchasing and trading of marketplace items, then still allow sales? Couldn't they just do that?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are kiriphil, unrealdelusion or iraji-kun any of you guys? got those 3 invites but we dont seem to have any friends or groups in common

Lomax

Seriously, the lead is 40k points right now. That's twenty 1k steal tokens. Twenty. Or 40 regular tokens. And everyone has already conceded the day to blue and then it just builds from there. It's taken a trivial amount of effort to "rig" this contest and then just let expectation take over.

Now tomorrow could possibly be interesting since everyone will have had their turn and people might not want to just hand it back to purple again. But we'll see.

Levyne

Banned
I didn't have a single issue with GFWL on Dark Souls. But it was my first and only GFWL game so maybe the fresh install led to fewer problem or something.

Enco

Some of the comments are just sad. Taking it so seriously.

The whole everyone takes turns thing is bullshit though.

Way to ruin the fun of the competition.

You didn't lose anything. If I bought a game a month ago that went on sale today would I lose money?
Yes I did. I bought it this morning and haven't touched it yet. I consider it a loss.

edit: I struggle to believe reddit has rigged all of this though. Either way, it's all crap. Whether it was Valve, whether the system is broken or Reddit messed it up, the whole meta game is an absolute joke

Kusagari

I could believe reddit fueling one team to a large victory but now for the third straight day the other teams are all basically tied.

There's no way they could possibly have the influence to do that.

So blue is in the lead huh? Will probably hold off till the last few minutes and then blow my card to badge wad into this weird fucking hellhole Valve have created.

Chariot

I could believe reddit fueling one team to a large victory but now for the third straight day the other teams are all basically tied.

Cooome, there is a lot of space under my tinfoil hat.

This is reddit right now

mou.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This doesn't make any sense to me. "Cuz you got funds from a new card, you can't sell your trading cards or anything on the market!"

One doesn't seem at all connected to the other.

Sell and buy. I'm guessing that Valve doesn't yet have the functionality in place to disallow users from one or the other as the idea behind the restriction is that if the card was stolen, there'd be a chargeback from the actual owner, and if the person who stole the card were able to buy items from the market using these funds only for them to later be reversed, Valve would also need to reverse the payments given to the sellers of said items, which would be a big headache.

Lain

Can someone explain Forced to me? I bought it several days ago when it was on the community's choice, and I don't get it at all.

I played it for a bit and I thought it was fun but I couldn't explain it really well. It's just an arena game in which you try to complete the goal in as little time as possible to unlock abilities and stuff, at least that's what I remember about the game.

BruteUA

RoR is an amazing single player game. It has one of the most ghetto solutions to co-op ever though. No invites, no server browser. It's like we're trying to set-up a game of Duke 3d only more complicated because I can't just dial your phone number.

Boy did you just bring back memories.

Especially with anti-reddit communities like /v/ around. There's no way it would work so well without any competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom