• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm concerned it isn't going to go lower. Don't games in a series almost always go on daily deal together?

I'm still waiting/hoping, but I'm not confident it will go lower this sale.

They're probably putting on sale on different times so people will think it doesn't go lower. They then buy at the 33% off price instead of the daily. BE STRONG MY FRIEND

dot

Do you believe Dark Souls 2 will get a better deal? I would like it to be at least 50% off, instead of the current 33%. But to see just the DK1 being featured, kind of worries me about it...

Just wait until the last day of the sale. If it doesn't get cheaper than 33% off just get it then.

Do people actually gift games to people? I've never felt this amazing sensation of being given something through the power of Gaben :p

Yes, people actually do gift games. I got jennytablina and a few other friends something. It feels great. :)

I'm wavering on Kingdoms of Amalur and even though it's there for another 24 hours I'm gonna end up forgetting or something so I'm just gonna call it a lost cause and call it a loss here and now. :(

That's a great game!! I almost platinum'd it on my PS3, and for the record I've only platinum'd one game (Skyrim), so that's huge praise!!

Jhriad

I'm really sad that I missed out on Project Zomboid because I was out of town. I hope that one comes back at some point during this sale but I really doubt it will.

BibiMaghoo

I feel 30 people is a laughably low number considering how many people are participating in this sale. Especially if it's only 3 games a person.

Have to agree with this, they are making millions with the crafting and cards.

900 games over the entire sale. Even at £50 per game, that's only £45,000, and that includes their own cut. That seems incredibly measly for a business as rolling in it as Steam. Especially when you consider they probably made that in less than ten minutes when the sale started. Better than nothing for sure, but still.

On another note, Skyrim has a high res texture pack on Steam. It's 4.4Gb.

Is this common knowledge? It was hidden in the DLC tab. I had no idea.

Mono

So as someone who has always more observed that cards than got into the market, what's the go? Do you sell them as you get them? Or is there a strategy to "playing the markets"?

I just sell them as I get them, but I think many people try to play the market. People flip the cards all the time.

PriitV

Hey MakeshiftChef, thanks for Forced
ThankYou.gif

Scrum

So I crafted that badge and got a couple of things among them an background "pink team mountaintop"...cool huh?

Nope, im on the BLUE team....#notfun!

Enco

But... Gaben is always good, right? R-right? ;_;
Y.. yes.. HL3 LOL! Valv r awesome. Steam rulez!!1 Everyone should be like Valvo!

Story mode is 2-players, Arena is 4
Cool thanks.

I'm really sad that I missed out on Project Zomboid because I was out of town. I hope that one comes back at some point during this sale but I really doubt it will.
You didn't miss much.

Game isn't worth it in my opinion.

It turns out I can trade. I just have to do it via the client or another computer...looks like I'll be able to craft myself a summer Badge yet.

Shame it is buggy as hell and only sends trades or accepts offers about 1% of the time.

So I could have had two games for less than the price I paid for one of them in the daily sale the other day. Brilliant work, Steam.
Really throws wait for daily deal out of the window.

Kadin

So as someone who has always more observed that cards than got into the market, what's the go? Do you sell them as you get them? Or is there a strategy to "playing the markets"?
Well I just sell them as I get them. Coming into the sale though, I had a bunch that I accumulated over the past few months just playing random games. Had no intention of dumping them but I found they sold so quick as everyone was rushing to craft badges, I figured, what the hell. It's great and since the whole 'one team will clearly win now' that's been going on, I no longer feel bad not crafting.

#GoTeamRed

kabel

On another note, Skyrim has a high res texture pack on Steam. It's 4.4Gb.

Is this common knowledge? It was hidden in the DLC tab. I had no idea.

Whoa! what? is it free?

edit: yeah its free! will download this weekend. always wanted to have better textures but did not know how to mod

Sera O

Banned
Not really, if the teams were organized randomly then why would the points not be more or less tied? Then you have that the plan is dependent on a sudden, sizable lead at the beginning which demotivates the other teams from catching up. Add in that the people who would be making badges like crazy are more likely to be aware of the plan on Reddit and curb their patterns, it's not unreasonable.

It's just a matter of a concentrated effort for the initial boost and having it snowball.

The roughly equal points of the rest of the teams is likely related to how it's a lot more economical right now to buy steals rather than boosts. If people are using steal tokens more maybe that's why the rest of the teams are basically even.

It makes the most sense to sell 2 summer cards and get a 100 pt steal token instead of collecting all the cards and getting 10 pts.

Anybody else pick up Mount and Blade: Warband? I've put 30 hours into it the past couple of days. Plays like Crusader Kings crossed with Skyrim, once you get past the Morrowind-quality graphics. I installed the Clash of Kings mod today and it's fantastic.

Vibranium

Banned
The Illuminati coerced Valve into making a rigged contest to manipulate the price of cards. Wake up, sheeple.

What if the true mastermind was GOG, who framed Valve as behind vote rigging, with Reddit as the front cover? It is all the plan to shift people to Galaxy! My mind is blown!

Time to start pushing for Pixeljunk Shooter. I sure hope everyone who haven't the game in the library buys it on the last day, considering it's awesome and 1,79€.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pixeljunk Shooter -- MB-0F22DF9106C01A04
Pixeljunk Shooter #2 -- MB-90AEDB1D085379D5

t1403548014z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom