• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

atr0cious

So does everyone on the winning team get their wishlist games? Is there an amount of money to be spent? I just want to know if I should have pride in my team actually leading for once.

Yakkue

So does everyone on the winning team get their wishlist games? Is there an amount of money to be spent? I just want to know if I should have pride in my team actually leading for once.

haha, no. 30 random people who attributed at least one point get the top 3 of their wishlist.

Kadin

30 random winners. And it's their top 3 games on their wishlist.

Just wait until the last day of the sale. If it doesn't get cheaper than 33% off just get it then.

Yeah, i already know the "steam sales rule", it was more an attempt to start a conversation of what you guys think, than a question of "what should i do" :)

But thanks anyway!

Enco

hahahaha

If only Valve would do that.

Only 30 people win and it's only 3 games from their list. Can't be giving away too much.

Sera O

Banned

Total of 30 team members who earned points get top three wishlist games. So it's not even really a chance given how many people there are.

Zafir

If you contribute one point to the cause, then you have a chance to be one of 30 people on the winning team who get the top 3 games on their wishlist.

Really glad I have a habit of buying games at the last day of their sale.

Was tempted to get BattleBlock theater yesterday, but held off. Just grabbed it and Castle Crashers for $2.50 combined...

Way to go, Valve. Wonder how many people got screwed by that.

Nabs

Time to start pushing for Pixeljunk Shooter. I sure hope everyone who haven't the game in the library buys it on the last day, considering it's awesome and 1,79€.

Nice giveaway. I hope I don't forget to pick this up on the last day. I'm looking at this and Pac Man.

Kadin

Man, i havent stopped playing this rouge legacy since I bought it, this game is AWESOME!!!

Been eyeing that magicka
Yeah I figured I'd play it for maybe an hour or two. Put in close to 18hrs and still only halfway through. It's crazy fun. Punishing in the beginning but you'll start ripping shit up soon enough.

Lomax

Fifty people with 1k steal tokens could completely swing the initial push in a different direction. If people really care, it would be easy enough to organize. I think the reality is, most people are happy with the idea that the winners will rotate, and more than willing to go along with it.

I think if you eliminated the team change and point tokens, you would potentially have a more interesting contest. But then that might be seen as Valve trying to boost card sales and prices.

I have three copies of Guacamelee on the Humble store because of a weird payment error. I redeemed one of them on Steam through the newer system. The other two show a link to redeem on Steam but have no gift button on the right hand side. Did I screw myself out of those two copies by redeeming one first before gifting?

sabanoo

Really glad I have a habit of buying games at the last day of their sale.

Was tempted to get BattleBlock theater yesterday, but held off. Just grabbed it and Castle Crashers for $2.50 combined...

Way to go, Valve. Wonder how many people got screwed by that.

Same here. I was on the fence but probably would have picked it up tonight. Couldn't resist getting both for less than just the one would have been.

atr0cious

If you contribute one point to the cause, then you have a chance to be one of 30 people on the winning team who get the top 3 games on their wishlist.

So is it like a raffle where the more points equate to more entries? Or could I have just bought one game, and it doesn't matter? I mean, I've already spent 30 bucks today, but that was before I realized blue had a chance.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, saw that hi res texture pack for Skyrim here at work, after playing a few hours on "standard" Skyrim. I had wondered "why does the game not look much better than I remembered on PS3"

Have also looked at the various Mod pages, and yeah, that'll take a little work.

Garcia

The lack of Awesomenauts giveaways disturb me. It is such a great game! Enjoy, GAF:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Awesomenauts -- MB-DE0C0FD0DA51D51F - Taken by Zomba13. 6 entrants total.

t1403548515z1.png

Zafir

So is it like a raffle where the more points equate to more entries? Or should I just buy one game, and it doesn't matter? I mean, I've already spent 30 bucks today, but that was before I realized blue had a chance.

No, you don't get any more entries for having more points. Just make one badge and you're good.

aku:jiki

I use a controller but even that isn't amazing to be honest.

Keyboard sucks big time.
What? There's nothing wrong with the controller controls.

Well, aside from the fact that you can't pick your character with a controller, that is pretty stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom