• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Was there a Kingdoms of Amalur flash sale? I was going to get the bundle for $10, but I wasn't sure if I should wait. Also worried because I've heard stories of it being buggy and unbalanced...

Risk of Rain is kinda uncomfortable with keyboard, if anyone plays it, what do you use, gamepad or keyboard?

I used a controller in couch mode. Unlike the other person who thought it wasn't much... I think it's phenomenal. Once you get the measured feel to the gameplay on the earlier levels of spawn, the frantic madness at the later stages starts to feel natural. There's a pause to certain skills that I always attributed to something like a cast time in an MMO. Get that feel down and you've got it.

Thinking about Insurgency for some multiplayer fun... but it doesn't net me cash the way CS:GO does. Is there a reliable way to check how big a community is for a game that isn't Steam Stats?

SephiZack

CtEcTuf.jpg

Thank you

Sera O

Banned
Thanks Sera O! I won The Last Remnant!!

Now it says to follow the link to acknowledge the gift. I have to do this in the web browser? I'm afraid to log in to the web browser atm in case it locks me out for another set amount of days even though this is my main computer that I use the Steam app with....

Will it consider it another device logging in or recognize its the same PC I use the steam app on?

Congrats! Hope you enjoy it; it's one of my favourites.

I actually have never redeemed a gift so I have no idea how that all works - whether the link will open in steam or in a browser. Sorry!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Do any of the Lego games have online co-op?

Nay. Traveller's Tales did it for the console version of LEGO Indiana Jones 2, but they discovered for all the work and time they put into it, so few people ever bothered to make use of it that they just didn't want to do it again.

So Local Co-Op only for the foreseeable future of any of the LEGO games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rhaknar, buddy, I need you to take off whatever gypsy curse you put on me. I haven't won a game since the sale started, and you're the only one i know with worse luck than me, so it had to be your doing.

suffer with me

Red

So I just got off work, and is the Can't Stop Laughing Bundle a price mistake? Castle Crashers and Battleblock for 40% off the price of Battleblock by itself.

Either way, I bought it. Can't do much better for $2.50.

I see this ground has been well tread.

Anteater

Rhaknar, buddy, I need you to take off whatever gypsy curse you put on me. I haven't won a game since the sale started, and you're the only one i know with worse luck than me, so it had to be your doing.

I think modbot just hit mainstream now, there are a lot of entrants recently

So I just got off work, and is the Can't Stop Laughing Bundle a price mistake? Castle Crashers and Battleblock for 40% off the price of Battleblock by itself.

Either way, I bought it. Can't do much better for $2.50.

Yeah, it's a pricing error. Apparently when the Community Choice made Castle Crashers 90% off, it also applied to the Can't Stop Laughing Bundle.

It's an absolutely fantastic deal if you don't own either of those games yet.

aku:jiki

They just don't feel comfortable.

Just gotta get used to the buttons I guess. Haven't played much.
Oh, I see, you're probably going through the same phase as everyone does... The cooldowns are hard to deal with at first. Once you learn the proper time for each skill, it all makes sense.

Also, look up how to unlock the Enforcer. I don't remember what but it's something easy. He's a lot easier to use when you're new at the game than the Commando is.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin -- MB-BAE63C5F98E3E0FD - Taken by Gen.Grievous. 6 entrants total.
Planet Stronghold -- MB-781344FD9DF600CB - Taken by Gez. 8 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-3F43E3F6A0C66886 - Taken by StarlordDial. 10 entrants total.
HOARD -- MB-5DA52B02CAE6A940
Nightsky -- MB-0BF58F7E65F3E4D9 - Taken by Vuze. 4 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-6AECE166AB79AA63 - Taken by Mokoi. 3 entrants total.
Men of War -- MB-C99C3387A274578E
Incredipede -- MB-FC8383243549280B
Trine 2 Complete -- MB-D446AFDA90127BD8 - Taken by benrichardson. 4 entrants total.
Men of War Assault Squad GOTY -- MB-7B0F7642C3335624 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 1 entrants total.
Sanctum Collection -- MB-6D90C22E2A6CA8A3 - Taken by Defect. 1 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-A7C210F924D85AEA - Taken by Thanasis Deitus. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD The Second Encounter -- MB-392AFBA8457BA27F - Taken by steadfast. 1 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-7C0CA5F7ED7E099C - Taken by jediyoshi. 4 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-158005EED6FBF06F - Taken by qazqaNii. 5 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-1EB4D0831A971E80 - Taken by pupo. 4 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-D08965F2A8ABC8EA - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 9 entrants total.
Men of War Red Tide -- MB-1CFDAA1C19D4A4CB
Antichamber -- MB-2FEAD034F2655BD3 - Taken by arts&crafts. 6 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD The First Encounter -- MB-788F4ED2A32D1423 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-81E697BA2BD3E11F - Taken by Helmholtz. 4 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die GOTY -- MB-B3C124889EC0B1D6 - Taken by More_Badass. 5 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-AA9E018E91473F3E
Dwarfs?! -- MB-1683086D9AFA0727 - Taken by SSPssp

t1403559467z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom