• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
going to ask again before I decline (which I dont like doing but dems the breaks), are any of these ppl on steam any of you guys, or do you know them:

Kiriphil
Iraji-Kun
UnrealDelusion

cicero

I feel 30 people is a laughably low number considering how many people are participating in this sale. Especially if it's only 3 games a person.

During the 2011 Holiday Lump of Coal sale they had these giveaways:

Grand Prize: Every single game on Steam - 1 Winner
First Prize: Top 10 items on wishlist - 50 Winners
Second Prize: Top 5 items on wishlist - 100 Winners
Third Prize: Valve Complete Pack - 1,000 Winners

Top 3 wishlist items for 30 people per day over a week and a half, but only if you are in the winning color team and only if you make at least 1 point for your team? And only that 2.5 years later after Steam has grown as large as it is now? Someone bring back ye olde golden days of yore when deals, glitches, and giveaways were huge and promotions were actually fun...please.

The rule of waiting for the dailies has failed me. Probably already posted, but I bought Battleblock yesterday. :(

d4eacd6df5.png

hohoXD123

Strange, bought a gift copy of the Can't Stop Laughing bundle, payment was taken and even got an email receipt, but it doesn't show up in my purchase history or inventory.

Bought Can't Stop Laughing Bundle for 2,29€. Pretty cheap.

Also, here's a free game folks. Take it, please. PM key to ModBot.
Hacker Evolution -- MB-66B2CEF377EE115C

Why not, add me as friend freshVeggie

Two Words

It feels so awesome to be able to look at these sales prices and think "I'm not buying this game even if it is $3. I'm never going to get to play it." I'm finally free!

Now excuse me while I waste $15 at IHOP.

KissVibes

Banned
I think I may be done with this sale already. I'm pretty sure everything here will be the same stuff on sale in the winter with some additional early access games thrown into the mix too.

Plus, there's the Halloween sale and the Thanksgiving sale too.

Helmholtz

During the 2011 Holiday Lump of Coal sale they had these giveaways:

Grand Prize: Every single game on Steam - 1 Winner
First Prize: Top 10 items on wishlist - 50 Winners
Second Prize: Top 5 items on wishlist - 100 Winners
Third Prize: Valve Complete Pack - 1,000 Winners
Yeah the 2011 Holiday sale really stands out to me as possibly the best sale in terms of rewards. I got several free games during that one, and it actually encouraged me to play a few games sitting on my list that I hadn't touched before. And the grand prize, although the chances were basically nill, was so awesome anyway.

I seriously don't know where half of the games on my library have come from. I sure as hell didn't buy them and I don't *think* I have a press account (though I did write for about 5-6 years).

The rule of waiting for the dailies has failed me. Probably already posted, but I bought Battleblock yesterday. :(

d4eacd6df5.png

That seems like a pricing error to me, especially considering that bundle's issues with being discounted yesterday.

The rule of waiting can't be held responsible for such things. Errors going to error.

Shadownet

Banned
Should I feel bad for not wanting to buy Battleblock Theatre? (even with the bundle ridiculous low price?)

I looked at the gameplay video and it look... not like my type of game.

I loved Castle Crashers. but can someone who have played both give me insight on if I'm going to enjoy BT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom