• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Considering there's roughly 75million users in 5 teams (15mil per team) you have a 30/15000000 chance or a .000002 chance (unless my maths sucks)

edit I guess I didn't consider the eligibility requirements for being one of the 30 so you have more than whatever number I wrote above.

Grats Xeroblade hope you enjoy it.

Your math is terrible, because you don't get assigned to a team unless you craft something or click on the "join a team" button. And you can't win anything if you don't craft on the day your team wins. The chance is still terribly low, but now a .000002 chance :p

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You don't make the poo emote. Well, you can. But you don't need to. ModBot knows poo when he sees it. You let him take care of your poo.

I'm not sure I want to whisper sweet nothings to ModBot any more.

You spend all your time grinding for new upgrades and getting stronger and stronger, it has many game design flaws but a good game once you understand the mechanics.

One however does not need to spend all their time grinding to get a lot out of the game or even beat it (though it certainly speeds it up). http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115047781&postcount=5561

Anyone know how alive TrackMania2 Stadium online is? Thinking about getting it this sale, but Canyon barely has 3 servers with people on them...

I loved me some TMUF Stadium back in the day, so I'm wondering if I should just install TMUF again or drop the $6 on TM2 version.

Not much better I'm afraid. I could barely find anyone. TrackMania United Forever though, still quite full and always someone there or tracks to pick up.

Speaking of which, as it it is free, we need more people from SteamGAF to play it. SO anyone looking for a great time trial competitive racer, get it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/11020/

Wait I need posts in this thread to enter compeitions?

I guess I need to spam this thread then ;)

On some sort of topic however, is there a gift thread this year? Stingy and looking to save a few bucks on Saints Row. But do I even want the game? It just feels like concept wise its more out there then three which felt more balanced and it also feels like it probably got effected by THQ closing a lot.

Some giveaways will have the rule about no lurkers (meaning less than five posts), but a lot of other giveaways have no such requirement. There is also a thread I created where I and a few others have been sharing some games without any restrictions for posting.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840818

legacyzero

Banned
You will NOT believe the amazing day I've had!
-First, I had a one-on-one with my boss this morning (like normal) and he did nothing but sing praises for me and my job performance!
-Second, the class I'm teaching is doing a wonderful job, and progressing great.
-THEN during our teacher meeting, my boss slides over a "Thanks for being with with us for 5 years!" certificate, together with a $50 Steam GiftCard!!!

What a great day. And because I had such a great day, I'm going to share that with all of you.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

t1cxE6r.gif
Dark Souls -- MB-A844B49AE05B0481 - Taken by Kirosia

EDIT: why is it saying Dark Souls II in the picture when It's Dark Souls ONE??

Another giveaway before I do some other stuff. While you're at it, add me on steam! please be my friend :(

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Beatofficer:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

What is this game? It is a mystery. -- MB-4EC80859FFB16F96 - Taken by BernardoOne. 35 entrants total.
Join this raffle if you can't stop laughing -- MB-EB35EB39CAA57442 - Taken by The Grim Heaper. 12 entrants total.

t1403569670z1.png

Thank you kind sir MrTeachwell!! Thats one game off my wishlist!

-First, I had a one-on-one with my boss this morning (like normal) and he did nothing but sing praises for me and my job performance!
-Second, the class I'm teaching is doing a wonderful job, and progressing great.
-THEN during our teacher meeting, my boss slides over a "Thanks for being with with us for 5 years!" certificate, together with a $50 Steam GiftCard!!!

What a great day. And because I had such a great day, I'm going to share that with all of you.

That's awesome, what do you teach? (I'm just finishing up my BA in middle school this year).

Arthea

Your math is terrible, because you don't get assigned to a team unless you craft something or click on the "join a team" button. And you can't win anything if you don't craft on the day your team wins. The chance is still terribly low, but now a .000002 chance :p

according to my very raw estimation, there are at least 30k people in every team, so chances are terribly low, anyway.

rtcn63

Ahhh... it's actually DS: Prepare to Die. Oh well. Thank you sir, but I already own it, could you please re-do the giveaway?

Amazeballs.

Congrats on your good day and thank you for being generous.

Edit: not quite as amazeballs. but still... congrats. :)

DaBoss

I found these codes from an old Humble Bundle. I'm not exactly sure if they are used. Apparently I bought HB9 twice, one of them beat the average. I'm sorry if they are used. And please respond if you do, that way I can edit the post. And please only take one. Would rather not use modbot since I'm not sure if these work. Quote the post to get them.

Mark of the Ninja
Eets Munchies
Brütal Legend

bakeray

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Bastion -- MB-8D0A4E16973AF9A7 - Taken by xninjav. 8 entrants total. - Taken by Mokoi. 23 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-517A2D7C218F5DB1

t1403569921z1.png

The_Monk

I keep wondering if How to Survive is worth specially with such small price. There's even local Co-op which is nice. I remember toddhunter saying it's not worth so I decided to check who have the game to ask for more impressions:

30 GAFfers own it, the biggest playtime have only 4.9 hours... Come on, people! The reviews do seem positive. Anyone want to share some thoughts?

Haunted

I'm happy that you're happy.

Been waiting to do this for a while now; there may or may not be an issue with RAGE/Far Cry 2 (accidentally clicked the links before sending them to ModBot, but I think I took care of it.) I apologize if there is. Enjoy, GAF!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 34 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Disciples III: Renaissance -- MB-A94E5CC3F6C48937 - Taken by cicero. 2 entrants total.
The First Templar -- MB-AEBBC4077875723E - Taken by Haunted. 2 entrants total.
The Journey Down: Chapter 1 -- MB-3E35B32B5C15839C
Far Cry 2 Fortune's Edition -- MB-ADCB3DE41B70C4DC - Taken by Wario64. 7 entrants total.
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition -- MB-90D15907362BD1A9 - Taken by Oublieux. 1 entrants total.
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition -- MB-9000FDB35F8A5031 - Taken by Intheflorsh. 1 entrants total.
Time Gentlemen Please - Ben There, Dan That -- MB-5EF828F84E6F6488 - Taken by SpinDasher. 1 entrants total.
Trauma -- MB-D4DEC5745BD44965 - Taken by Natty1. 2 entrants total.
Alter Ego -- MB-DA5DA1BA75084F74 - Taken by dinopoke. 1 entrants total.
RAGE -- MB-F455ECD4B502A92E - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
Enclave -- MB-AAACEFFB0B66D3F2
Velvet Assassin -- MB-B40A31A6149BC531 - Taken by TheSeks. 4 entrants total.
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space -- MB-2C602AF1F8DA4460 - Taken by SmithnCo. 1 entrants total.
Just Cause Collection -- MB-948A4D63F0835D36 - Taken by Yui. 2 entrants total.
Combat Wings Battle of Britain -- MB-C92194D34E8A620D
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-9D9BA9C3CDF76360 - Taken by Kanokare. 2 entrants total.
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-CC921489ADCC9673 - Taken by Beatofficer. 1 entrants total.
Septerra Core Legacy of the Creator -- MB-64DBFC59A6945E10 - Taken by drakaenae. 5 entrants total.
Cargo The Quest for Gravity -- MB-E75C179CBD49B28F - Taken by EdmondD. 2 entrants total.
Gorky 17 -- MB-3FBE9E2E9FE3EAFE - Taken by scoobidoo112. 1 entrants total.
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-3806A609337E34C8 - Taken by Anilusion. 2 entrants total.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition -- MB-6482DEBD2B46B7EF - Taken by Deadbeat. 1 entrants total.
Jack Orlando Director's Cut -- MB-4116430F05FC5C3E
The Witch's Yarn -- MB-64101CFF15D5D640 - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
The Void -- MB-FBD67B099FCF01A4 - Taken by soapypanda. 2 entrants total.
Tower Wars -- MB-1B559939DB87D955
Two Worlds Epic Edition -- MB-D4012A9F53ED9B41 - Taken by Black Soma. 2 entrants total.
Pirates of the Flying Fortress DLC -- MB-E52ABD11EB931975 - Taken by Majukun. 1 entrants total.
Two Worlds II -- MB-471D6046B700088F - Taken by benrichardson. 1 entrants total.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-AC307E1E61015F01
The Tiny Bang Story -- MB-0BEA41ADA4312DF8 - Taken by ihateyourhat
Kingdom Tales -- MB-59CBC9EFC5534C5E
Mata Hari -- MB-E7B5A79BA3E6DEE5 - Taken by Gez. 1 entrants total.
1953- KGB Unleashed -- MB-B9938F1359F58A1D
t1403568667z1.png

Kaper

I want a cool boss that gives away steam gift cards.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dat DS2 trolling, amazing

Kirosia be fuming right about now

Fracas

#fuckonami
Not gonna bother making people do dumb stuff because this game probably sucks (quote to reveal a key for Damnation)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Dark Souls / Dark Souls II, ModBot just searches using the same method you would if you typed "Dark Souls" into the top-right hand corner of the front page of Steam. It takes the game results, and chooses the result that is the closest to a match. "Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition" is further from "Dark Souls" than "Dark Souls II" is. There's supposed to be a guard to check against this specific outcome, and ModBot is also smart enough to convert roman numerals either direction. But for whatever reason, the system didn't work here. Solution is to manually change the image OR make sure you provide the full name.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
EDIT: why is it saying Dark Souls II in the picture when It's Dark Souls ONE??

Mod bot auto-searches the first thing that comes up for the title on the search bar.

Since the newest title is DS2, that's the image it goes for it you give it "Dark Souls." For the sake of accuracy, you might want to use the full title "Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition" but I don't think that's a sure-thing.

Zeliard

I'm only 7 years LTTP on this but Pac-Man Championship Edition is goddamn awesome. It's classic and well-tested Pac-Man gameplay with seemingly every additional feature and challenge I could have ever wanted. Glorious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom