• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
RE: Dark Souls / Dark Souls II, ModBot just searches using the same method you would if you typed "Dark Souls" into the top-right hand corner of the front page of Steam. It takes the game results, and chooses the result that is the closest to a match. "Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition" is further from "Dark Souls" than "Dark Souls II" is. There's supposed to be a guard to check against this specific outcome, and ModBot is also smart enough to convert roman numerals either direction, but it obviously didn't work in this case.

Sorry about that. Will repost.

mrgone

With all this modbot gambling the ad server is starting to feed me online bingo ads.

This used to be a wholesome place.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mod bot auto-searches the first thing that comes up for the title on the search bar.

Since the newest title is DS2, that's the image it goes for it you give it "Dark Souls." For the sake of accuracy, you might want to use the full title "Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition" but I don't think that's a sure-thing.

It doesn't go with the first thing, it's smart enough to loop through the results. It goes for the closest match to what you wrote lexicographically. The problem with the stupid subtitle is that it makes it seem like Dark Souls II is closer than Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition.

Sorry about that. Will repost.

No problem at all.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
modbot hitlist forever
terminator.png

Not much better I'm afraid. I could barely find anyone. TrackMania United Forever though, still quite full and always someone there or tracks to pick up.

Speaking of which, as it it is free, we need more people from SteamGAF to play it. SO anyone looking for a great time trial competitive racer, get it. http://store.steampowered.com/app/11020/

Damn shame. Oh well. Thanks for the input!

And yes, if anyone likes arcade racers, go download TrackMania Nations Forever! It's fun and free!

rtcn63

dat DS2 trolling, amazing

Kirosia be fuming right about now

Nah, my only peeve is that I'd be disqualified from any giveaways with "if you won in the last..." restrictions, but this place has very been kind to me, and I'd never complain. Especially not in the presence of her blond majesty, Saoirse. I'd not sully her pristine world with my trivial ignominy. Because that's what the end result would be. Maybe I... I hurt her in another life, or someone she loves, or JaseC, not been to Australia but have eaten those chocolate koalas... and this giveaway was my own inflictions repaid.

BJK

I know I'm LTTP for a Steam Sale thread, but who do I have to murder for Transistor not being Community Choice?

Still bought Dark Souls 1 & Rogue Legacy...and I got a foil trading card from #TeamPink winning (which frees up $2 in play money to complete sets for the remainder of the sale), so I have little else to complain about
as long as Transistor eventually gets a daily

Helmholtz

Posting this once more in case anyone wants in.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Portal -- MB-226AFCB81BC05A54 - Taken by Shengar. 16 entrants total.
Bioshock -- MB-45BF42E2672289A8 - Taken by trolho. 26 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution -- MB-A922759197D8C912 - Taken by The Lone Courier. 4 entrants total.

t1403575924z1.png

Beelzebubs

I know I'm LTTP for a Steam Sale thread, but who do I have to murder for Transistor not being Community Choice?

Still bought Dark Souls 1 & Rogue Legacy...and I got a foil trading card from #TeamPink winning (which frees up $2 in play money to complete sets for the remainder of the sale), so I have little else to complain about
as long as Transistor eventually gets a daily

Don't think it will, it was in a Flash sale though so could be wrong.

Been waiting to do this for a while now; there may or may not be an issue with RAGE/Far Cry 2 (accidentally clicked the links before sending them to ModBot, but I think I took care of it.) I apologize if there is. Enjoy, GAF!

Thanks for Two Worlds. I got confused for a moment and sent another message to modbot for Septerra Core too, lol.

My first giveaway :). Got to get rid of these games out my inventory.

ModBot said:
Instructions for NewVegasDog:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Company of Heroes #2 -- MB-A4016D2BBD829E2B - Taken by Sarobi
Company of Heroes -- MB-A5AD021E66AAD95E - Taken by Falt

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gentlemen! -- MB-4D29152D0DB8FC37 - Taken by electroflame. 4 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-A5F86EC8EA9CF7DA
Ku: Shroud of Morrigan -- MB-7889A8BA2F009949
Skyward Collapse -- MB-8AD670C5E8045466
xheRJRF.gif
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta -- MB-FFAD1B208BCC5D8E - Taken by maneil99. 5 entrants total.
Really Big Sky -- MB-B37A61373A78C62D - Taken by Darth Kupi. 3 entrants total.

t1403568015z1.png

Re-posting for those who want those 3...
tumblr_mxeqk6EZgn1t02tx3o1_500.gif

Yui

Been waiting to do this for a while now; there may or may not be an issue with RAGE/Far Cry 2 (accidentally clicked the links before sending them to ModBot, but I think I took care of it.) I apologize if there is. Enjoy, GAF!

Thank you for the Just Cause Collection! <3 <3

Haunted

Thanks for The First Templar Indigo_Cyclops!

Replaying Broken Sword with a friend and it's put me in the mood for more Templar shenanigans. Just bought The Cursed Crusade, now this. Good times ahead!

Modbot's been working overtime in this thread. GAF is super generous, so many giveaways. It's grand.

legacyzero

Banned
So if "Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition" has a ":" in it, I can just put another ":" at the end, a space, and then the key, right?

Toki767

Here guys. Knock yourselves out.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

$5 Game -- MB-DD40DA24DCA5DE00 - Taken by topyy. 78 entrants total.

t1403570576z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom