• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

edit: nvm I see what you mean and strider lost and fuck the earth

and super cheap Double Dragon. That bro pack is going to be mine.

ib169TamBIyrAH.gif

What annoyed me the most so far was when the fighter pack was voted down.

I luckily was able to pick up Mortal Kombat later in the sale, still waiting for SFIV: Ultra or whatever edition comes on.

Lain

I'd prefer if the winning community choice showed the games, maybe clicking on the name. For something like this, in which I voted for the losing one because people wanted Strider or some other game, I don't even remember what was in the other camp.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thought that confuses Modbot

It doesn't. ModBot will correctly detect the key and game name as long as you use any reasonable divider (" | ", ": ", " - ", " -- ", I think there's a few others in there). I fixed the regular expression that handles parsing that a few months ago.

I've honestly lost all hope in community sales at this point. I'm just going to buy games now. Screw that I hypothetically get a super insanely good discount on all of the ones I want, because I know that won't happen anymore. The Steam voting community is complete idiots, none of the winners have been very good, and the good ones loose to the crappy ones. I'm Done.

EdmondD

I keep wondering if How to Survive is worth specially with such small price. There's even local Co-op which is nice. I remember toddhunter saying it's not worth so I decided to check who have the game to ask for more impressions:

30 GAFfers own it, the biggest playtime have only 4.9 hours... Come on, people! The reviews do seem positive. Anyone want to share some thoughts?

I think I have 10-12 hours playtime. Beat the game. I really enjoyed it at first but it got repetitive quickly. Lack of enemy variety makes combat wear thin quickly. Cool crafting system but the weapons feel weak. One of the weakest shotguns I have ever used in a game. That's just criminal. The boomerang is awesome though especially if you upgrade it. Neat survival elements but they don't matter much. I really dug the day/night cycle. Physics are really good. I say it was worth the $3.75 I spent on it but in the end it was ultimately disappointing.

Lomax

I keep wondering if How to Survive is worth specially with such small price. There's even local Co-op which is nice. I remember toddhunter saying it's not worth so I decided to check who have the game to ask for more impressions:

30 GAFfers own it, the biggest playtime have only 4.9 hours... Come on, people! The reviews do seem positive. Anyone want to share some thoughts?

I have about 15 hours into it and beat the main campaign, and I really enjoyed it. It's not really a survival game, more a zombie island aRPG. I really liked the ranged bow combat with a controller and the crafting was neat. Plus the story is actually serviceabe. It has much more in common with Torchlight than Don't Starve. At 75% off I recommend it. I've not purchased or played any of the DLC.

Same thing happens every Steam sale....

Game(s) that haven't been on sale yet (or rarely on sale)

vs.

Games that have been on sale a billion times (often during that very sale)

One of those wins... every.... single.... time.

I swear, you could put Transistor/Rust/Child of Light/Strider for 95% off vs. Borderlands 2/Magika/Just Cause 2/Batman: Arkham City for 50%, and the second group would win by 80%. Nothing against the games in the second group, but if you had any interest in buying them in the last 4-5 Steam sales, along with other site sales, you've had a billion chances to get each of those for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom