• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've honestly lost all hope in community sales at this point. I'm just going to buy games now. Screw that I hypothetically get a super insanely good discount on all of the ones I want, because I know that won't happen anymore. The Steam voting community is complete idiots, none of the winners have been very good, and the good ones loose to the crappy ones. I'm Done.

ibcjmupyJN7Qy1.gif

JakeD

the reason they win is because they are 80% off. the reason they are 80% is because they are old and have been in fucking humble bundles and on sale numerous times. i'll be actually pissed if the losing deals aren't featured later on. this actually happened a couple times last year.

Jeremy

I swear, you could put Transistor/Rust/Child of Light/Strider for 95% off vs. Borderlands 2/Magika/Just Cause 2/Batman: Arkham City for 50%, and the second group would win by 80%. Nothing against the games in the second group, but if you had any interest in buying them in the last 4-5 Steam sales, along with other site sales, you've had a billion chances to get each of those for cheap.

It makes me want to scream because it's so true.

Kadin

It's mind-boggling how good Call of Juarez is. I think I might just enjoy the nuggets of truth more than the action itself. Okay maybe not but seriously, learning some of this lore of the Wild West is damn intriguing.

Tenrius

Where did the "stope page" button go from the community hub layout? This doesn't make sense. I'm browsing my wishlist and clicking games takes me to their community hubs. If I want to actually buy them, I have search for them via the regular store search, which kinda defeats the purpose of the wishlist. I mean, I know there's a store page link on the wishlist itself, but it's still not very convenient not to have it on the community hub. Or maybe even switch it up and let clicking game titles take you to store pages and have a separate button for community hubs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if you blacklist someone does it show on the modbot post?

derExperte

Where did the "stope page" button go from the community hub layout? This doesn't make sense. I'm browsing my wishlist and clicking games takes me to their community hubs. If I want to actually buy them, I have search for them via the regular store search, which kinda defeats the purpose of the wishlist.

So that's not only on my end. WTF.

if you blacklist someone does it show on the modbot post?

Yes, it says that certain member are blocked. No names.

Broke down and got BL2 GOTY. I had thought about getting it on VITA and now that I have a Nvidia Shield, I might as well follow through. I liked the game last time. I look forward to playing a better class than Zero. Any suggestions?

mrgone

The community votes for two games that have already been on sale and one that has been on sale for years.

Brilliant.

Don't forget the one that was available in both Humble Deep Silver bundles for $1

$1

Risen 2 was $1 in two separate Humble Bundles

It's mind-boggling how good Call of Juarez is. I think I might just enjoy the nuggets of truth more than the action itself. Okay maybe not but seriously, learning some of this lore of the Wild West is damn intriguing.

Yup, one of the few times I went out of my way to find collectibles.

lmcn3dodhhqml5or7tkeeb4ho1_500.png

I am giving away 2 mysterious Steam games, both terrible.
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Please just take them.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Garbage -- MB-EC78A7A916C7422B - Taken by scoobidoo112
Rubbish -- MB-7660DFC94E738397 - Taken by SalsaShark

Salsa

Where did the "stope page" button go from the community hub layout? This doesn't make sense. I'm browsing my wishlist and clicking games takes me to their community hubs. If I want to actually buy them, I have search for them via the regular store search, which kinda defeats the purpose of the wishlist.

I almost posted about this but I figured steam was borked at the time or something

yeah, it's ridiculous. I can't right click on a game I own and go to the Store page anymore. Not even going through Community first now, which was already annoying.

Now the only way to do it is type it into the store page's sarch bar.

go figure

rtcn63

There should be a way to blacklist bad rats. Or at least any future incarnations of the gaming in name or meta presence.

EdmondD

Thank you INDIGO_CYCLOPS for Cargo! Ice-Pick Lodge is quite gifted at making these strange and unique games. Look forward to checking it out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't believe so. Unless you really want to shame someone in public.

why else would I blacklist someone :(

never blacklisted anyone nor do I intend do...maybe CorrosiveFrost

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Are their still people who haven't played Just Cause 2? Anyone with even a half decent computer needs to buy Just Cause 2.

I've honestly lost all hope in community sales at this point. I'm just going to buy games now. Screw that I hypothetically get a super insanely good discount on all of the ones I want, because I know that won't happen anymore. The Steam voting community is complete idiots, none of the winners have been very good, and the good ones loose to the crappy ones. I'm Done.

They could still go on sale during either the flash/daily sales. Wait for those, and only buy at the last moment if those don't pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom