• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

jholmes

I keep thinking these bad sale votes are aberrations and then they keep piling up. I just don't know what to believe anymore.

Salsa

I'm well aware. I really want to play these games, and at this point saving a few dollars isn't worth waiting and waiting and waiting, then being dissapointed because the community sucks. Just like last month when they had that GOG sale and I spent two entire days refreshing a website to buy Theme Park for like $2.50. I much rather would have just spent the $6.00 instead if I knew it was going to take 2 days for it to show up.

I know I'm blowing it way out of proportion, but I'm kinda pissed. I have been waiting for that game to go on sale since it showed up on Steam, then this whole sale so far, and then it finally shows up in a vote.... and its gone, and some overpriced, early access open world games win instead. I'm just feeling defeated & sad. I need a hug.

every community choice game comes back as a flash/daily

the votes are basically just for them to go on sale faster

Jopie

My friend is a huge Hitman fan but didn't really like the newest and said he preferred the old ones. I don't really know much about the series and I'm wondering which one or two do you think he would probably most prefer to receive as a gift?

Blood Money is my personal favorite.

mrgone

Looks like Just Cause 2 will be $3 in a few minutes. Gonna bite. How is it?

Just Cause 2 is a fantastic game.

We're just pissed because it's been on sale a million times and we wanted the other stuff, it doesn't reflect on the quality of the game :)

The multiplayer mod (free on Steam) is also a really good time

Tenrius

My friend is a huge Hitman fan but didn't really like the newest and said he preferred the old ones. I don't really know much about the series and I'm wondering which one or two do you think he would probably most prefer to receive as a gift?

Doesn't him being a fan mean that he already played those games/has them?

Blood Money is the go to "Best Hitman Game" but if he is already a fan of the older ones, he probably played all the others. There isn't a lot of them. But if you must, Blood Money is the best.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
because the community is so bad, my epic double dragon giveaway will have to wait :(

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
AHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUA!

I voted open world just because I knew this thread would be filled with weenies crying for Double Dragon. And in a SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS, I was right.

And in another SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS, I fully expect this thread to be filled with weenies crying that Double Dragon lost in eight hours.

I am a soothsayer! I say sooth!

Salsa

if your friend's name is Derrick make sure to get him all the DLC with Absolution. can't get enough of that shit

otherwise, best Hitman is blood money

wait, now im actually serious... everytime a giveway says that it means someone was blacklisted in it? :O

because I see that a lot lol

yeah but there's no way to tell if the user permablocked someone or just blocked someone from entering that specific giveaway

edit: i also forgot there was an option to use the community blacklist too.

Chocobro

Thought I would give back a bit since I've won a few raffles.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Telltale Games (from HumbleBundle, no TWD) -- MB-65CE781A4F9438C5 - Taken by gaiadyne
Bastion -- MB-FEE70C5EE140B57E
Natural Selection 2 -- MB-E5BFFF5048916DBC
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-C0900761AC850418 - Taken by SpinDasher
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-7D01B074AEF68B6C - Taken by dirtywhirlwind

t1403581565z1.png

JakeD

every community choice game comes back as a flash/daily

the votes are basically just for them to go on sale faster

recettear and kentucky route zero lost the community vote last year and were never featured again (til a month or 2 later in a daily)

just typing that out made me realize i might have a steam addiction problem

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Excellent, I didn't know all of them do. I just thought it was the most popular ones did. Thanks man, you brightened my day!

hes actually lying, not all come back. in fact expect less popular games not to show up again

BruteUA

Pretend that you're like 10 years old, and think up all the cool stuff you would do if you parachuted onto an island with a grappling hook strapped to your arm and an endless supply of guns and explosives. You can do anything you thought up in Just Cause 2, and tons of other stuff you left off your list because it sounded too insane.

HoosTrax

I can't deal with that game. Or rather, my stomach can't take more than a few minutes of that game at a time. It really needs an FOV slider.

Third-person games tend to be hit-or-miss with me in that regard. They tend to be console ports with questionable FOVs like 60. I can handle the Saints Row games without this issue (I just spent 5 hours playing it), but JC2 will make me want to hurl almost immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom