• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
on the app, planet explorers isnt actually 40% off

Never played a SimCity game, what makes them fun? I have Prison Architect, but I find that setting compelling and it seems more intimate and exciting than a city.

Arthea

iHdShgUCCM9eb.jpg

Here's a key for A New Beginning Final Cut:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-FC0D507F4D8F7E2D - Taken by Fornaximus. 16 entrants total.

t1403573322z1.png

The Llama

Never played a SimCity game, what makes them fun? I have Prison Architect, but I find that setting compelling and it seems more intimate and exciting than a city.

SimCity is awesome if you want to, er, build a city. Kind of self explanatory haha. SimCity 4 has an AWESOME modding community though. So much depth to that game.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
EDGE is a Steam key, the rest are Desura keys.

lol, Modbot read EDGE as Mirror's Edge.

also Yury was taken but it's not showing up as taken, weird.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Plith -- MB-6FF57D456D56813D - Taken by WinterDemons
Yury -- MB-6549C197CA818AF9
Blue Rose -- MB-53F23A77670256D8
EDGE -- MB-D25ADBC9D579E061 - Taken by adriano999
Crazy Belts -- MB-268492F22B8C7406
Race for the White House -- MB-1BD3F030A161B50A - Taken by outunderthestars

mrgone

starting to think that I probably should have picked up Knock-Knock when it was $2 on that GOG sale

They're cycling the same pool of games over and over and over so you'll probably have another chance at it there.

But it's GOG, so make sure you check that page constantly, because that's what they fucking want :(

one is focused on DC superheroes the other one isnt

Apologies, I should have clarified that I'm aware unmasked focuses on DC characters, but I'm wondering if there is a greater variety/more options in the latter than the former (to justify the extra twenty cent), and which is generally regarded as the better game.

Salsa

also yeah, Gone Home being 75% during the whole sale and now being discount for 85% should serve as a lesson

ibcjmupyJN7Qy1.gif

you all "everything that is 75% off wont get cheaper!" nuts are whack

Which of the Scribblenauts games is the better one? In terms of reviews I'm seeing Unlimited scoring much better, anyone here played both that can vouch for that? Is Unmasked kind of meh?

So what's the difference between Scribblenauts Unlimited and Scribblenauts Unmasked? Which should I buy keeping in mind that I don't have any experience with the franchise?

Unlimited has worlds with stages with set objectives to accomplish.

Unmasked has worlds where the objectives are randomized each time you visted the world.

I've beaten Unlimited and only played a little bit of Unmasked. Unless you really love the DC universe i would get Unlimited

Cronox

Banned
What happened to the current flash sale? I voted on something and now don't remember what it was, but there's nothing til 8 hours from now? What?

Aon

Which of the Scribblenauts games is the better one? In terms of reviews I'm seeing Unlimited scoring much better, anyone here played both that can vouch for that? Is Unmasked kind of meh?

You've got it right, so unless you're way into comics, Unlimited's the way to go.

Salsa

I kinda want Gone Home but a discount that deep is usually a telltale sign of a bundle coming.

0741427222.jpg

seriously that reasoning leads to never buying anything

"I want a game but I want it cheaper!"

"oh now that it's cheaper it probably means it's gonna be in a bundle, will wait"

zkylon

zkylewd
it isn't just me that like can't see any other deals that the dailies rite?

i've been learning about symbolic links for the past two hours

atomsk

Party Pooper
They're cycling the same pool of games over and over and over so you'll probably have another chance at it there.

But it's GOG, so make sure you check that page constantly, because that's what they fucking want :(

Which is pretty much why I'll never bother. If they were doing every 8 hours like Steam that would be fine, but every hour... I don't want it THAT bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom