• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
30wqb0L.png

lol, On top of world champion you have been buying the cards?

Since Valve isn't letting me vote nor will be putting these up anytime soon...I'll just pretend that they're up for voting.
This is what I'm voting for the next set of games!!!
WW2 it is!!
NBXqXgw.png

Teppic

I liked Gone Home. It's not overly exciting or very long, but I had some fun with it. I think it's worth it at that price.

Uzzy

That 96% thumbs down rating on Gone Home, what the hell?

It's a 2 hour long, £15 walking simulator about a
lesbian romance
that the critics fell over themselves to praise to the heavens as one of the greatest games of all time. That's like a red rag to a bull to certain sections of the interwebs, who, rather predictably, ran to shout to everyone about how much they hated it.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So, the Kerbal deal is for $16.20? That makes four games I've spotted thus far that are more expensive in this sale than in previous ones.

Kerbal ($16.20 vs previous $13.79), New Vegas ($6.80 vs. previous $5), FTL ($4 vs. previous $2.50), and Just Cause 2 ($3 vs. previous $2.50).

Any others been spotted? Sort of weird how many games it's going on with.

I was fucking wondering about New Vegas, I could have sworn I remembered it being a 5'er.

That's really, really shitty

also yeah, Gone Home being 75% during the whole sale and now being discount for 85% should serve as a lesson

ibcjmupyJN7Qy1.gif

you all "everything that is 75% off wont get cheaper!" nuts are whack

Or just wait for a bundle. (Has to happen sooner or later.)

Though $2.99 is pretty can't miss.

I played and beat Gone Home last night, because Speevy the magnificent gifted it to me out of the blue, and thought it was good.

Loved the slow exploration Amnesia style of gameplay, and I'll just say that I can appreciate the game for trying something different. The random music tracks were great.

More about the journey than the destination type of game, for me.

Helmholtz

It's a 2 hour long, £15 walking simulator about a lesbian romance that the critics fell over themselves to praise to the heavens as one of the greatest games of all time. That's like a red rag to a bull to certain sections of the interwebs.
Oh my god I hope that wasn't a spoiler. Please don't be a spoiler.

Myshkin

Since Valve isn't letting me vote nor will be putting these up anytime soon...I'll just pretend that they're up for voting.
This is what I'm voting for the next set of games!!!
WW2 it is!!
NBXqXgw.png

Two people on my friends list bought Unity of Command during this sale without waiting for dailies. Failure of Believe.

Wow, the Red Orchestra developers are going to great lengths to ensure that RO2: Rising Storm is in no way connected to the previous debacle that was Red Orchestra 2.

I say this because Steam's image for the game just lists it as "Rising Storm - GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION".

So what's GAF's thoughts on Risen vs Risen2? Is there any Jerry Retarded Horse levels of bad in either?

Haven't played more than 30 minutes of Risen 1, and I've completed Risen 2. Lots of people don't like Risen 2, but I found it rather enjoyable; it's really more about exploration and adventure than mindless hack and slash, and that really elevates it beyond mediocrity.

It's by no means a perfect game, but it really delivers the "be a pirate" swashbuckling adventure that I was in the mood for when I played it.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Archon Classic -- MB-215D8F7C8EB8EF46 - Taken by bluechox2. 3 entrants total.
Sidway New York -- MB-00D577E0E5DEEC83
InFlux -- MB-A7D0E24D8897C3E5 - Taken by FlashFlooder. 3 entrants total.
Astro Tripper -- MB-AD6B3E9C714F3B2B
Light of Altair -- MB-04888DACCD646B7F - Taken by Casimir. 2 entrants total.

t1403572420z1.png

Thanks for Light of Altair, 8 x 11!

It's a 2 hour long, £15 walking simulator about a
lesbian romance
that the critics fell over themselves to praise to the heavens as one of the greatest games of all time. That's like a red rag to a bull to certain sections of the interwebs, who, rather predictably, ran to shout to everyone about how much they hated it.
Is the
lesbian romance
thing a spoiler?!

Edit: Fuck you, Uzzy.

Briarios

I absolutely love Gone Home -- to the very core of my being. But, I could definitely see myself being in the minority. The story really touched me, due to some close friends. It was an amazing experience -- but, not for everyone.

Kerbal will be a daily.
Yes, the $16.20 price for Kerbal I took is the price from its community vote. Which will be its daily price. Which is higher than it has been in previous sales.

Its main price right now is $20.

I was fucking wondering about New Vegas, I could have sworn I remembered it being a 5'er.

That's really, really shitty
Yeah, with New Vegas I chalked it up to Bethesda being Bethesda. I mean, they've done it before with RAGE. But noticing it with other games made the whole thing a bit odd. Dunno why this sale in particular was hit with increases.

derExperte

Oh my god I hope that wasn't a spoiler. Please don't be a spoiler.

Yes it was. And some words should get the spoiler-tag treatment. But it's not only about that and the game doesn't really hide 'it', you'll get what's going on after a few minutes.

so what purpose does the flash sale serve if it is voted next? wouldnt it get cheaper?

No. That's why we're laughing at it. It's 75% off now, it'll remain 75% off.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I heard this game was cool.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gone Home -- MB-D952850D6CB28665 - Taken by Consequence. 40 entrants total.

t1403574284z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom