• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost think Dark Souls 2 won't be a daily now. Usually only one game from a franchise is a daily and then all previous in a series are also discounted. Would this be unprecedented for both Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 to feature as a daily compared to other franchises?

Life's too short to wait for 90% off. 85% will have to do. Gone Home bought. Let's see what all the fuss is about. Polygon gave it GOTY, right? It must be good.

lel

Uzzy

Gah, sorry guys. That was very inconsiderate of me. I thought a year old game was past the time limit on spoilers. Again, sorry.

Jeremy

I wouldn't have seen it without your post ;) Tad bit hypocritical to complain about spoilers then repost them for others to see.

Well I guess I am glad that you're reading my posts. I went back and edited it. I don't think about things like that, I just assume people are reading the thread and not specific posts.

Altazor

navelgazing question time:

why do some games that haven't won a Game of the Year Award (ANY of them, even those with no credibility) have GOTY Editions?

why do I care?

Unlimited has worlds with stages with set objectives to accomplish.

Unmasked has worlds where the objectives are randomized each time you visted the world.

I've beaten Unlimited and only played a little bit of Unmasked. Unless you really love the DC universe i would get Unlimited

Perfect, just picked it and Gone Home up, thanks!

I'm also out of money, so unless I can get a gift card tomorrow I'm out of the sale it seems.

Helmholtz

Gah, sorry guys. That was very inconsiderate of me. I thought a year old game was past the time limit on spoilers. Again, sorry.
It's not past the time limit in this thread anyway. I've been waiting until a heavy discount to check the game it.
It's okay though, we can move on now!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Two people on my friends list bought Unity of Command during this sale without waiting for dailies. Failure of Believe.

maybe they got it from the weekly humble like me?

Soroc

If I purchase games as a gift and add to my steam inventory. Can I only trade them away or can I decide at a later date I want to keep the game and add to my library?

3phemeral

Thank you, tmarques!

Does anyone have any experience with NEStalgia? I saw an old coworker playing it, I briefly read the description and it sounds pretty awesome. What say GAF?

Salsa

If I purchase games as a gift and add to my steam inventory. Can I only trade them away or can I decide at a later date I want to keep the game and add to my library?

latter

Does anyone have any experience with NEStalgia? I saw an old coworker playing it, I briefly read the description and it sounds pretty awesome. What say GAF?

I can't get over the name. sorry.

legacyzero

Banned
@ everyone who voted against double dragon :

DON'T GO TO SLEEP.

iBcexTwbKsGxx.gif

I think Gone Home and Spec Ops are both very much worth the price of admission if you are curious to see what games can do with story telling. Both do really neat things with their stories and how they tell them.

Good Luck!

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box -- MB-6234BCEDE187C096 - Taken by Elija2. 9 entrants total.

t1403574475z1.png

Dambrosi

Banned
Is it really that bad and/or boring?
Apparently, the story's really good if you're into emotions and empathy and all that soft girly bullshit. Tumblr types love it.

Myself, I'd put it in the same class as Dear Esther and Slender - walking simulators, bereft of gameplay. Hey, at least you could die in Slender, which makes it more of a game than GH is.

I prefer more manly games, with such masculine things as gameplay and win/lose states, like Barbie's Dreamhouse Party and My Riding Stables: Life With Horses. Though, maybe that's just my half-white cis-male privilege talking, in which case I'll shut up and try really hard to empathize with the Collective Will Of The Oppressed.

Wow, that sounded better in my head as I was typing it. What I mean to say is that Gone Home is best suited to those gamers who prefer story over gameplay, and who can appreciate a story that doesn't involve all the old gaming tropes, a smaller scale tale than is usual in games. However, because of that, be warned: You will only play it once. Ever. After that, there is nothing else. Think long and hard about whether just watching a playthrough of the game on YouTube would be the easier and cheaper option before you part with your hard-earned.

Cyrano

Do people actually trust thumbs up/down as an adequate measure of anything? I've certainly learned to ignore anything that resembles a "like" button.

Smash88

Banned
Gone Home is probably worth it at that price. Even then I don't think it's a good game.

It's not even a game. It's more like an interactive story telling experience you would find at your local museum, where would would have digital trips to explore dinosaurs.

This "game" is terrible, sad to see it take a slot where other more meaningful and better games could be on sale.

ScribbleD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Titan Quest -- MB-AA736D334F3E1C3B - Taken by bluechox2. 7 entrants total.

t1403574425z1.png

It's funny that Gone Home and Spec Ops are both on sale because they're both pretty average, basic games where you walk in a straight line and have a story told to you, but one is The Internet's Most Wanted and the other has a novel-length critical analysis available on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom