• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Honestly I think the biggest backlash against Gone Home was because it launched at $20. To most people that's on the very high end of prices for indie releases, and to see this so-called "non-game" at that point generated a lot of backlash. Then all the other stuff was just compounded on top of it. If it had launched at $5 or maybe even $10, I doubt you'd have heard nearly the complaints.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spec Ops was awesome, fuck all of you haters

Hugstable

Banned
Git Gud. Nahh, but seriously moonlight telegraphs his moves very easily. Also use some gold pine resin, and don't forget to two hand.

I think half of it was that I ran in there with 1 Estus Flask after having to fight through everything before. I like the variety of monsters in this game so far compared to Demon Souls. So many different enemies so far.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

My stance on it is that it's a major hint of what Gone Home is about, Gone Home I think is best if you don't know what sort of game it's trying to be. When I initially played it, where I thought the story was going and where it went was completely different, and I would argue that's part of the experience.

But us overly talking about it will make people think about it, and probably realize what the game is about themselves.

I've had this sitting in my inventory for a while now. Looks like people are playing it, so snag it before the game dies again (it's fun!).

ModBot said:
Instructions for phantomspiker:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship -- MB-EF3757F80CF75B1C - Taken by RunWhiteBoyRun

I just think I chipped one and ever since i've had this weird ugly taste in that side of my mouth. Must have some real small amount of some sort of liquid or something spilling in there

*terrified of dentist all my life so my natural once perfectly white, straight teeth, have gone to crap over the years*

:(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Devil May Cry 4 ends with
Dante having a really deep and profound pizza.

prhGbgY.gif

Sober

Honestly I think the biggest backlash against Gone Home was because it launched at $20. To most people that's on the very high end of prices for indie releases, and to see this so-called "non-game" at that point generated a lot of backlash. Then all the other stuff was just compounded on top of it. If it had launched at $5 or maybe even $10, I doubt you'd have heard nearly the complaints.
I dunno at the time it seemed like a 20$ price tag on a story exploration game was like a big fat warning sign telling people they should only pay up if they know what they're in for more or less, like when Planetary Annihilation was in Alpha at 90$.

I mean people are still waiting for Gone Home to be hit by the indie bundle stick.

Yeah I thought Gone Home was too expensive when it launched, thankfully I was able to just wait for it to hit 50% so I felt like I was getting value for money.

I don't think there was anything wrong with them launching at $20 though, I'm sure some people thought it was worth it

Shengar

Reposting before I'm away to buy some swag
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition -- MB-16DC6C075AA5C534 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 56 entrants total.

t1403585129z1.png

Also, posts this thread count towards to not become a lurker right?

Salsa

*terrified of dentist all my life so my natural once perfectly white, straight teeth, have gone to crap over the years*

:(

yeah it sucks. im mostly fine with this procedure tho except for the part where she has to do it all over again so she basically just tears the current filling apart with this hook thing without anesthetics or anything

it's not really painfull as much as just uncomfortable

so I guess i've been putting it off, but if I keep doing so she's gonna charge me agan...

I got a bad issue with nerve pain there and the filling isnt helping really. can't drink anything cold in that side of the mouth for shit. I should get a root canal treatment but im a wuss

fade_

Gone home is the most overrated indie game I've ever played. It kind of pisses me off.

Eh, I kinda liken it to comedy movies with no substance. Hardcore film geeks/critics hate them but it brings casuals to the movie theaters and if its an indie comedy movie they might try other indies with more substance? Not saying Gone Home doesn't have substance story wise but it definitely doesn't gameplay wise. The gameplay serves its purpose I guess which was to get across its message.

Anyone on the fence about Just Cause 2 should know that there is a multiplayer mod for free on Steam, 1,000+ player servers, it's some of the craziest stuff I've ever played.

ixcyYmZTt7Dor.gif

Sober

Eh, I kinda liken it to comedy movies with no substance. Hardcore film geeks/critics hate them but it brings casuals to the movie theaters and if its an indie comedy movie they might try other indies with more substance? Not saying Gone Home doesn't have substance story wise but it definitely doesn't gameplay wise. The gameplay serves its purpose I guess which was to get across its message.
The whole concept of Gone Home is not the first, seeing as Mr. Deus Ex himself wanted to make a game similar to it: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/31/will-we-ever-get-to-play-one-city-block/

I think half of it was that I ran in there with 1 Estus Flask after having to fight through everything before. I like the variety of monsters in this game so far compared to Demon Souls. So many different enemies so far.

There is a bonfire hidden next to the locked door in the Shaded Woods behind an invisible wall. Attack the wall that is left of the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom