• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT2| The valiant never taste of death but once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Anyone on the fence about Just Cause 2 should know that there is a multiplayer mod for free on Steam, 1,000+ player servers, it's some of the craziest stuff I've ever played.

ixcyYmZTt7Dor.gif

holy shit lol. I hadn't played this because I thought the servers were similar to GTA with about 32 players on a map too huge to just casually bump into people.

Jeremy

gonna head to bed too. Hopefully I can wake up to some great flash sales. Don't have any interest in either community choice.

Spec Ops get.
Tell me I did the right thing, GAF.
Going in completely blind.

You did. It starts out like a bog-standard 3rd person cover shooter, but then the story starts to kick in. By the end of it... it's still technically a 3rd person cover shooter, but it's also something else entirely. It's definitely worth playing through for the "story", and it'll make you think by the end of it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Forgot to make this a raffle but oh well, have at em

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori 2 -- MB-EA6702C94C0D33A2 - Taken by 73V3N
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-2A3F64767D021669 - Taken by CreepingFear
HOARD -- MB-68FDFD81FA87A217 - Taken by SpinDasher
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-93858A5ECA4D1351 - Taken by InvisibleStride
Joe Danger 2 The Movie -- MB-0A419A8EFBB8B046 - Taken by legacyzero

yeah it sucks. im mostly fine with this procedure tho except for the part where she has to do it all over again so she basically just tears the current filling apart with this hook thing without anesthetics or anything

it's not really painfull as much as just uncomfortable

so I guess i've been putting it off, but if I keep doing so she's gonna charge me agan...

I got a bad issue with nerve pain there and the filling isnt helping really. can't drink anything cold in that side of the mouth for shit. I should get a root canal treatment but im a wuss

See that description with the hook is what just puts me off even more. I'm a wuss too, but then there's nothing quite like teeth nerves. I'd happily have stitches put through a gash in my flesh with no anaesthetic, but none on teeth? Screw that.

And don't even get me started on root canal... never had it done, but the very idea of it makes me shiver.

I can't understand why you're not allowed to be put to sleep during these procedures. I'd have the perfect smile again if we were allowed to be knocked out for it all.

Ibuki

Banned
Then might as well spoiler everything because some people are poor, or never watch movies. Spoilers are not the end of the world, and after a few years, it's not my job to shield you from them.

I don't understand. Why do people click spoiler tags and then complain about being spoiled? That is the fucking point...

antitrop

Spec Ops: The Line is a fantastic game, brilliant soundtrack, fantastic voice acting, and it is probably my favourite example of a game that uses gameplay to make the story better.

I think it's Nolan North's best work, Capt. Walker has a lot more depth and range than Nathan Drake.

Veggy

Tried playing Lone Survivor and within 10 minutes the game has given me a massive headache and eye strain

This has never happened to me in 25 years of gaming, strange

Tablo

But but I don't like strategy games. Sell me on it

Well it really caters to strategy game fans, kind of a spiritual successor to the old Total Annihilation stuff, gotta think about economy, troop deployments, enemy movement. You won't like it if you don't like strategy IMO. Too bad there's no demo.

So is there a way to get a refund for a purchase of a Steam game I've never played? I bough Anno 2070 when it was up there and I didn't realize you need uplay to play it. I will not install or create an account for uplay and it seems there is no way for me to play the game I purchased. Since I can't play the game I'd like to return it. I guess it's my fault for not reading carefully but it would be nice if there was some sort of refund I could get for it. Any help would be appreciated.

natertots

Anyone on the fence about Just Cause 2 should know that there is a multiplayer mod for free on Steam, 1,000+ player servers, it's some of the craziest stuff I've ever played.

ixcyYmZTt7Dor.gif

I was not aware of the 1000+ servers. I've had this game in my library so long. Looks like I'm giving it a go this evening.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god no, that's horrible. I'm sorry but if it's been like 3 years that shit is out the window. It's not my responsibly to walk on eggshells around you because you can't be bothered to get around to playing or watching something.
If using the [spoiler][/spoiler] tags to hide one sentence is "walking on eggshells", then we humans are truly lost as a species.

A bit of consideration for your fellow man never hurted anyone, as hard as it could be and as strange as it may sound.

antitrop

Spec Ops is the perfect length too.

It really is, great pacing. It's over in about 4-5 hours, so even if you find the gameplay fairly dull, it's over before it's tedious. The story gets to the point fairly quickly and doesn't dawdle around.

If you can do a CoD campaign, you can do Spec Ops, and at least it has a good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom